Planning NYC Trip - What to do?

3,151 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ABC BEAR
trumpetbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What are your best suggestions for things to do or not do in NYC?

We'll be going late December, right after Christmas.
BearlyNose
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Other than the normal sites, i.e. the World Trade Center, the Empire State Building, if the Rockettes are still performing during that time of the year, their show is usually one to be enjoyed by all age groups, plus it's indoors and a reasonably priced two hours.
If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?
Swart Dra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Daniel- best overall meal you'll ever have.
Peter Luger- steaks
Criffs- hotdogs
Di Fara- pizza
McSorley's - beer

Getting to all those places will also give you a great tour of the city. They are all pretty spread out from each other.

What not to do...you have to see em if you never have, but spend as little time as possible in Times Square and Little Italy.

I'd only walk Times Square at night before or after a show just to feel the amazing energy of the people and all, but don't eat or drink in the area. All very mediocre and way over priced.

Little Italy is the same. Check it out, have dessert, or maybe a glass of wine somewhere on the street, but then move on.

New York is the greatest city on Earth. Try your best to really dig in deep and experience it.
J.R.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DubDub said:

Daniel- best overall meal you'll ever have.
Peter Luger- steaks
Criffs- hotdogs
Di Fara- pizza
McSorley's - beer

Getting to all those places will also give you a great tour of the city. They are all pretty spread out from each other.

What not to do...you have to see em if you never have, but spend as little time as possible in Times Square and Little Italy.

I'd only walk Times Square at night before or after a show just to feel the amazing energy of the people and all, but don't eat or drink in the area. All very mediocre and way over priced.

Little Italy is the same. Check it out, have dessert, or maybe a glass of wine somewhere on the street, but then move on.

New York is the greatest city on Earth. Try your best to really dig in deep and experience it.
good list. Been to all. I'd Katz's Deli for the best Pastrami on Rye with Mustard and a Dr. Browns Soda. Will put you on the Lower East Side also to look around.
EnglishBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you go to Crif Dogs, make sure to go in the phone booth.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Walk the Brooklyn Bridge

New York Sightseeing tour bus, the big red double deckers. Ordinarily I dont not go on guided tours because I dont like the structure. These buses let you get off and on at will. You can skip a site or stay at one stop for 3 hours. Worth the money

I like China Town.

We stayed with some friends out at the West Babylon station and rode into town each day.

Madison Square Gardens/Penn Station and Grand Central Station are amazing.

The Empire State Building was much better than I expected.
J.R.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Walk the Brooklyn Bridge

New York Sightseeing tour bus, the big red double deckers. Ordinarily I dont not go on guided tours because I dont like the structure. These buses let you get off and on at will. You can skip a site or stay at one stop for 3 hours. Worth the money

I like China Town.

We stayed with some friends out at the West Babylon station and rode into town each day.

Madison Square Gardens/Penn Station and Grand Central Station are amazing.

The Empire State Building was much better than I expected.

You know, I too have come around on the big double decker tourist buses for a new city that one is visiting. Allows you to get the lay of the land.
Stranger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DubDub said:

Daniel- best overall meal you'll ever have.
Peter Luger- steaks
Criffs- hotdogs
Di Fara- pizza
McSorley's - beer

Getting to all those places will also give you a great tour of the city. They are all pretty spread out from each other.

What not to do...you have to see em if you never have, but spend as little time as possible in Times Square and Little Italy.

I'd only walk Times Square at night before or after a show just to feel the amazing energy of the people and all, but don't eat or drink in the area. All very mediocre and way over priced.

Little Italy is the same. Check it out, have dessert, or maybe a glass of wine somewhere on the street, but then move on.

New York is the greatest city on Earth. Try your best to really dig in deep and experience it.

All good stuff. However, the greatest city on earth would have to be Paris, France. Not even close.
I'm a Bearbacker
Longstreet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Go see Teddy Roosevelt's home in Oyster Bay. Really cool.
Kyle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staten Island ferry - cheap, easy and best views of the Statue of Liberty.
bularry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
i was in NYC briefly for work last month. Did have time to do the 9/11 museum. I highly recommend.
MarkRs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Perhaps this will sound somewhat rude, but I'm glad I did not have time to get to NY this spring. I had a great trip and it ended in Canada due to the closure of borders. This did not become a problem for me. My boss gave me a good selection of apartments according to the corporate program, check these listings out. The only thing that bothers me now is the lack of lively communication. But part of my work can be done remotely and it distracts me. Honestly, I watch all the news about NY. I have never seen this city as empty as it is now.
ABC BEAR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
trumpetbear said:

What are your best suggestions for things to do or not do in NYC?

We'll be going late December, right after Christmas.
Grab a slice of pizza, go to LaGuardia and catch a flight to Vegas.You can do all that other stuff out here.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.