Walk Ons?

4,260 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by J.R.
Valkyrie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any thoughts, I've never been there.
PartyBear
I have been twice. I think it is pretty good. I had a burger one of the times I went and I would rate the burger better than BJ's.
Grumpy
Meh.
TechDawgMc
Tried it about a week ago. Was surprised at how good the crawfish etouffe was. Very solid for Cajun in Texas. I got the shrimp wrapped in bacon and jalapeo. Was good, but the etouffe was better. I did think it was a bit pricey. Cajun food is really supposed to be kinda cheap.
SSadler
Ate there yesterday. Good burger. Normally I eat the fried shrimp. Hush puppies are tasty. Waffle fries are pretty worthless.

Fried shrimp anywhere other than the coast can be an anathema to many, but for an inland place, the shrimp is pretty well done.

Pricey, and LOUD, but a good alternative for Waco.
Stranger
SSadler said:

Ate there yesterday. Good burger. Normally I eat the fried shrimp. Hush puppies are tasty. Waffle fries are pretty worthless.

Fried shrimp anywhere other than the coast can be an anathema to many, but for an inland place, the shrimp is pretty well done.

Pricey, and LOUD, but a good alternative for Waco.

Well done or done well?
FranchiseBear
Walk Ons is really hitting the smaller markets in TX. Have eaten at Waco and Lbk locations - building out now in college station and midland (maybe others). The spicy shrimp po boy is very good for a chain. It's not NOLA but very solid.
bularry
FranchiseBear said:

It's not NOLA
Maybe the understatement of the century
FranchiseBear
Have you tried it? I'm pretty critical of chain food - my several experiences are very positive.
bularry
FranchiseBear said:

Have you tried it? I'm pretty critical of chain food - my several experiences are very positive.

Yeah, to one in Lafayette a couple of times.
PartyBear
I think Buzzard Billy's is better. But about a year ago BB's changed up its menu and went with trying to be a more expensive seafood type place not as much Cajun anymore. We went right after they did this and have not gone back. It was great as a Cajun place. I have been back to Walk Ons a couple of times since my late post here. It is good. I think of moderately to inexpensive Cajun chains Razoo's is better.
J.R.
My parents live in Lubbock (home to most every chain imaginable) and we go there regularly. I'm extremely picky about my cajun/creole chow. It's ok for a chain if you are in a town that doesn't have much. I've had the Boudin Balls and Blackend Redfish and it's passible.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.