La Fiesta Salsa recipe found

8,897 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by avensis
FadedGlory
How long do you want to ignore this user?
la fiesta salsa recipe
28oz can red gold whole peeled tomatoes
2 fresh Serrano peppers
2.5oz 5% vinegar
2.5oz water
1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
2 tablespoons dissolved white sugar
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
Blend to semi chunky and chill for an hour
GonzalesBear
Thanks for posting. My wife has an excellent clone recipe for Casa De Castillo's salsa and it's a similar recipe to La Fiesta's, which isn't surprising as they both were started by Castillo's. I'll get it from her and post it.
Wichitabear
My family would love this!
amanda
Casa De Castillo's salsa and it's a similar recipe to La Fiesta's, which isn't surprising as they both were started by Castillo's. I'll get it from her and 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf post it.
FadedGlory
Amanda, did you ever get the Casa recipe ? Thanks
GonzalesBear
I was waiting for Amanda to post the Casa recipe but it appears she is awol.
Here is my wife's Casa De Castillo clone recipe salsa. It's best served with Jesse's Tortilla Chips at 13th and Webster, or the high quality HEB bakery department chips. Anyway she likes to make this so it's lower sodium by using a can of no salt added tomatoes. Stick to these exact ingredients and I think you will be pleased. Every time we are in Waco we eat at Casa still, everything they do is great, but living 3 hours from Waco this salsa clone recipe gets us by.
Casa De Castillo Clone Salsa lower sodium version
1 8oz can HEB Tomato Sauce
1 8oz can HEB no salt added Tomato Sauce
1/8 TSP Bolner's Fiesta dry granulated garlic
1/8 TSP Bolner's Fiesta dry whole celery seed
1/16 tsp imperial cane white granulated sugar
3/4 ounce water
3/4 ounce 5% HEB white vinegar
1 and a half 2" long destemmed fresh Serrano peppers.
Add all these things to a blender and pulse to the right consistency. You may need to add about a half ounce water more but just look at it.
The best way to measure the water and the vinegar is with a 1.5oz shot glass just fill half way for each liquid.
You are going to want to eat all of it right after blending, but if you let it steep 2 hours in the fridge it's even better.
Now if we can just get the exact recipe for Casa's Margaritas and enchilada topping, yummm !!
I should add if there isn't a HEB around the wal mart brand tomato sauces are good replacements but don't use hunts it's not the correct flavor profile. Also the Sam's Club members mark / Tone's seasonings seem excellent replacements too. Enjoy and let us know how your results are. Sic em !
FadedGlory
We tried your Casa De Castillo salsa recipe tonight and it's very very close. Thanks for posting , it's really incredible in taste, texture. I've been after this recipe since 1990. We have always loved Casa's spaghetti and their cheese enchiladas, margaritas , what a great place. Anyone out there have a clone of Trujillo's on the circle's salsa ? Sic em !
ngall811
Does anyone have a recipe for Casa De Castillo's chile con queso or chili con carne
avensis
This looks delicious thanks for the recipe !

Tutuapp
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.