Football
Sponsored by

* * Dallas Cowboys * *

2,050,848 Views | 29499 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thought I'd kick a new one off here for 2017.

First week in camp. new backup to the backup in McKown.

Nolan Caroll starting at LCB. Scandrik and Anthony Brown at SLot and RCB. Heath and BJ at S, three good looking drafted CBs in the wings in Awuzie, Lewis and White.
Assassin
Actor Omar Epps, actor Taylor Lautner and actor Christopher Titone attended Cowboys practice today.
Assassin
Rookie WR Ryan Switzer isn't expected to play in Hall of Fame game as he nurses a hamstring injury.
Assassin
Assassin
Assassin
Cowboys LG Chaz Green is week to week with a shoulder injury.
It sounds like an AC joint sprain. The Dallas Morning News' Brandon George reports Green could be sidelined for two weeks. With Ronald Leary gone to Denver, the Cowboys were hoping Green would lock down their left guard vacancy. Jonathan Cooper and Joe Looney will now get longer looks for the job.

Source: Brandon George on Twitter
Assassin
Alfred Morris worked behind RB/FB Rod Smith in the Cowboys' running back order at minicamp and has stayed behind Smith in training camp.
No relation to the ex-Broncos receiver, Smith is a third-year UDFA out of Ohio State. The Cowboys have clearly soured on Morris and his lack of versatility, demoting him to fourth on the depth chart behind Zeke Elliott, Darren McFadden, and now Smith. Even with a potential suspension hanging over Elliott's head, Morris is far from a good bet to make Dallas' 53-man roster.
Source: Todd Archer on Twitter
Assassin
mike fisher Verified account @fishsports
More
ALERT: Jerry Jones confirms OL Chaz Green has shoulder injury. Could be more than short-term deal here
Assassin
DE Taco Charlton asked if Cowboys DC Rod Marinelli has given him a nickname (aside from Taco). He said he's called him tacquito a few times.
BaylorProud77
Assassin said:

DE Taco Charlton asked if Cowboys DC Rod Marinelli has given him a nickname (aside from Taco). He said he's called him tacquito a few times.
lol. I kinda like it.
Assassin
BaylorProud77 said:

Assassin said:

lol. I kinda like it.
Guess hes gotta grow into a full sized Taco
Assassin
Franko
Assassin said:

I don't think there is a player I am more excited to watch this year than Jaylon. I think he is going to be a beast. Or his leg will fall off.
DoughboyDeluxe
Franko said:

I don't think there is a player I am more excited to watch this year than Jaylon. I think he is going to be a beast. Or his leg will fall off.

Or both...
Assassin
Franko said:

Assassin said:

hee hee hee
Assassin
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the league will not announce a decision on Ezekiel Elliott's potential discipline this week.

Many believed Zeke's ban would be announced in a typical Friday news dump, but it never came. And it's not coming at all this week. Per Pelissero, commissioner Roger Goodell is "waiting for outside advisors to finish (their) work" on the multiple investigations into Zeke's off-field behavior.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
BaylorProud77
great (sarcasm) I hope it won't be a long one.
Assassin
BaylorProud77 said:

great (sarcasm) I hope it won't be a long one.
From what I hear, two games - if at all
Assassin
Ed WerderVerified account @EdwerderRFA 2m2 minutes ago
More

#Cowboys LB Sean Lee tells media on @thejaylonsmith: "It's just a matter of time before he's dominating."
AstroCowboy
Fellow Dallas Cowboy Season ticket holders:

I received email yesterday that my season tickets should arrive sometime today.
Franko
Assassin said:

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the league will not announce a decision on Ezekiel Elliott's potential discipline this week.

Many believed Zeke's ban would be announced in a typical Friday news dump, but it never came. And it's not coming at all this week. Per Pelissero, commissioner Roger Goodell is "waiting for outside advisors to finish (their) work" on the multiple investigations into Zeke's off-field behavior.

It sure is curious that people with inside sources like Schefter have been saying Zeke is getting a suspension and now we find out Goodell hasn't even received the final investigation results. How can a decision on a suspension be made until Goodell has all the evidence? Unless of course it is a predetermined result.
Assassin
Franko said:

Assassin said:

It sure is curious that people with inside sources like Schefter have been saying Zeke is getting a suspension and now we find out Goodell hasn't even received the final investigation results. How can a decision on a suspension be made until Goodell has all the evidence? Unless of course it is a predetermined result.
I've read (mike fisher?) that the investigator is a huge Giants fan and season ticket holder. First game is NY Giants. If true, not sure an NFC East fan should be investigating.
Franko
Assassin said:

Franko said:

Assassin said:

I've read (mike fisher?) that the investigator is a huge Giants fan and season ticket holder. First game is NY Giants. If true, not sure an NFC East fan should be investigating.
Yes, I read that somewhere as well. He is recommending that Zeke receive a two-game suspension to be served on week 1 and week 13.
Assassin
Dan Daniels @dan_themandan
Follow
More

Replying to @RealJamesWoods
FYI, Dallas Cowboys' Jerry Jones told his players "You will stand for the National Anthem, or your ass will be off this team."
7:45 PM - 27 Jul 2017
Kite23
Assassin said:

Terrance Williams still making it
Assassin
Kite23 said:

Assassin said:

A little surprised TWill didnt wait for a better offer in FA. But he's always been loyal to both Baylor and Dallas. A good kid.
Franko
Assassin said:

Kite23 said:

Assassin said:

A little surprised TWill didnt wait for a better offer in FA. But he's always been loyal to both Baylor and Dallas. A good kid.
In a radio interview with Mike Fisher over the weekend, he said that he could have gotten more money elsewhere. But he said he took less to stay in Dallas to show loyalty to Jerry Jones for drafting him and to the fans for supporting him. He kept saying "You can't put a price tag on that."
Assassin
Franko said:

Assassin said:

Kite23 said:

Assassin said:

In a radio interview with Mike Fisher over the weekend, he said that he could have gotten more money elsewhere. But he said he took less to stay in Dallas to show loyalty to Jerry Jones for drafting him and to the fans for supporting him. He kept saying "You can't put a price tag on that."
If he could only learn to catch with his hands... Huge fan of the kid but being a body catcher limits the radius of where the QB can put the ball. Its probably too late for him to change his learned habits, but he has nearly every other tool to be a great WR2.
Assassin
Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones expects the league to rule on Ezekiel Elliott's case in the next two weeks.
It is ridiculous how long this decision has dragged on, but the ludicrousness would jump to another level if the NFL allows the situation to linger into the season. Roger Goodell is reportedly "waiting for outside advisors to finish (their) work," but as Martavis Bryant can attest, leaving players twisting in the wind is simply how the NFL does business.

Source: Mark Lane on Twitter
Aug 3 - 9:29 AM
Franko
Assassin said:

Franko said:

Assassin said:

Kite23 said:

Assassin said:

If he could only learn to catch with his hands... Huge fan of the kid but being a body catcher limits the radius of where the QB can put the ball. Its probably too late for him to change his learned habits, but he has nearly every other tool to be a great WR2.
Yeah, I agree that is a significant limitation in his game. But if he was a great hands catcher, he probably would not be on this team any longer. The offers elsewhere would be big enough to overcome loyalty to JJ and the fans.

I would like for him to have a better understanding of when to get out of bounds and when to stay inbounds though.
Assassin
Franko said:

Assassin said:

Franko said:

Assassin said:

Kite23 said:

Assassin said:

Yeah, I agree that is a significant limitation in his game. But if he was a great hands catcher, he probably would not be on this team any longer. The offers elsewhere would be big enough to overcome loyalty to JJ and the fans.

I would like for him to have a better understanding of when to get out of bounds and when to stay inbounds though.
OUCH! We all know where that comes from...
Kite23
His best moment to me will be the catch that beat OU.
Assassin
Franko
Assassin said:

That will be more interesting than the game itself.
Assassin
Last Page
Page 1 of 843

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.