Football
Sponsored by

Say something nice about OSU

4,462 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by NC Kodiak
MrGolfguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I see this as a friendly in conference rivalry (KState being another), so let's be civil toward one another and post something positive about our opponents this week. Interested to see what y'all come up with.

I'll start - the biggest compliment anyone can pay to them

They're not OU
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
PacificBear
They look better in orange than ut.
Stranger
They are not UT, Texas Ass & Mule, Notre Dame, or any school from Pac 12, BiG, etc.
I'm a Bearbacker
Big_Pumpin
OSU has a nice butt
Jack Bauer
I like your mullet.
BylrFan
Mike Gundy is my favorite HC in the big 12 outside of Aranda
Forest Bueller_bf
They have a very loyal coach.
CTbruin
Coach Gundy was an assistant at Baylor under Chuck Reedy
bear2be2
They probably have the most underrated and underappreciated football program in the nation, given the consistency of their success under Gundy.
Robert Wilson
Pretty campus
osogreen
It's vet school is better than A&M.
Bear8084
Gundy is a man and was once 40. He was pretty pumped up about both.
BellCountyBear
T. Boone Pickens made a lot of money…in Texas!
boognish_bear
They do more with less....unlike one of our more famous conference partners that does less with more
Robert Wilson
I'll add one

They, along with Baylor and others, have been helping usher OUT out the door with a nice curvy number of losses apiece and likely no further championships.
RegentCoverup
When the history of the Big12 is written, it will reveal that the fundamental flaw in the league was that the powerful state schools didn't want to agree to terms that leveled the playing field. They wanted easy wins and zero competition. Credit Oklahoma for lasting the longest but UT did the most behind the scenes to destroy the league. And FYI it was dead the moment the LHN was signed, essentially it was a scheduling club after that.

Luckily, the final chapter hasn't been written yet. And if the new office can create an equal terms league, it could be a success. But UT and Okie need to leave and get their asses kicked n the SEC.

T Boone probably saved the conference on one occasion. He made donations that kept Ok State in the conference and he set out a vision when people like Bowlsby just sat on their hands.

He struck fear in the politicians and stood up to UT, OU, and esp Aggy. Behind the scenes he influenced advertisers and donors.

If it had been up to The league, we'd have never had an opportunity for success. We owe TBoone a lot
Chamberman
Eskimo Joe's chili cheese tater tots are pretty good.
fubar
They don't refer to themselves as THE Oklahoma State University.
Gunter gleiben glauchen globen
vanillabryce
You're used to being #2 in the state, which makes me think you'll perform well as the #2 team in the new Big12.
Alf
Barry Sanders
RegentCoverup
Oddly enough, Okie State gets screwed by it's own state legislature.

The state probably has more universities than it needs and the state government gives Ok State whatever is leftover after they fund OU.

Notice the complete lack of discussion ab joining the SEC.
Jack Bauer
Their coach is a man.
contrario
Mobile homes are an affordable living option and they can easily be moved to another mobile home park.
whitetrash
Their campus is located near the Cherokee Strip, which has nothing to do with an Indian maiden shimmying out of her buckskins.
JP1037
Good program. Passionate fans that are by and large not total d-bags when they show up.
CNC
Ok State never let a football player punch a woman who stay with the team and on campus.

OU did. (Joe MIxon)

I don't think OSU ever had a university president that sexually harrassed or assault 6 former male students.

OU did. (Boren)

OU was at the front of the line was we were going through the Briles scandal - saying all the right things, how they would have done it "the right way", and other self-righteous bullsh#t. All the while, the Mixon and Boren stuff was going on.

OSU probably has scandals in recent years, but I don't remember them.

If nothing else, I've always liked Auburn for Bo Jackson and OSU for Barry Sanders.
pilgrim
Some of my favorite people are graduates of Oklahoma State. And they have been competitive in sports across the board for many years, and are one of the top examples of "doing more with less", and that's really more of a commentary of when unnamed elites "do less with more." ----(Examples: Thomas Jefferson should have written the Declaration of Independence with the mind, advantages and education he received, and OU or T$xas should win the Big 12 every year with all of the advantages that fall their way.)

I have family ties to Oklahoma, and have much affection for the state and people. If Will Rogers had gone to college he would never have chosen OU (in my opinion). He was an Oklahoma State kind of guy. That's how I think of Oklahoma State.

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."-- Will Rogers. Oklahoma State produces types one and two. Many OU grads are lined up at the fence. That's my observation.

CNC
Love their home field advantage for football and basketball. Has to be hell to play there as a visitor.
Jack Bauer
Thanks for beating OU in Bedlam so we could beat you in Arlington and play in the Sugar Bowl.
Feel The Floyd
Thurman Thomas
Dez Bryant

Surprised they didn't have better NFL careers as they had a lot of talent:
Justin Blackmon
Rashaun Woods

EatMoreSalmon
They aren't tree nuts from Ohio.

They have an impressive amount of paper mache on their mascot's head.

They can spank their stadium like nobody's business.
ScottS
Gundy is funny. He talks about being a man and other stuff like sipping coffee.
WestTexSand
I moved to Oklahoma 18 years ago as a "Sooner born" (Father was a '51 grad) not knowing are caring much about Oklahoma State. Through the years, I have developed a rising appreciation for this school. Their stamp is on many impressive programs statewide. I've met and worked with more Poke grads than Sooners, and watched them build a very stout football program. Yeah, Gundy had a raging moment at a presser years ago, but he is a straight shooter who eschews excuses. My buddy and I drive to Stillwater at least once a year during BBall season to watch both the BU men and women play, and we are usually surrounded by orange and black at GIA. We've never experienced one rude comment or problem with Poke fans. So yeah, I respect them. And I hope BU wins by double digits on Saturday.
DanaDane
They have the best golf course in the Big 12. By FAR.
Jayman1963
OSU's football team has never been coached by a ****** bag named Lincoln Riley
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.