Football
Sponsored by

So far not close to a sellout for Saturday

5,681 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by FLBear5630
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
There are still a good amount of tickets left for this game.

Get your gold poms when you walk into McLane Stadium on Saturday

Griz
That's a shame. Okie State and Tech are about to become our premier games.
EatMoreSalmon
Aren't those upper deck end zone seats usually visitor allocations?
Bear2014
Griz said:

That's a shame. Okie State and Tech are about to become our premier games.
Wouldnt you rather play against an exciting fanbase that are realistic? The only good thing about OU and UT is their wal-mart warrior fans can fill seats.
Alf
Surprised there are still so many still available, OSU usually brings a lot of their folks down. Regardless, Baylor should do a promotion to bring in more people from Waco.
Bogo for Waco residents for instance. I'd rather see the seats filled with them vs OSU fans.
Midnight Rider
The ticket office is having a fire sale. Bench seats in the nosebleed sections for $50.00.
EatMoreSalmon
Midnight Rider said:

The ticket office is having a fire sale. Bench seats in the nosebleed sections for $50.00.
Where is that? I only see berm seats for $50.
monsterbear61
It's a 24 hour sale. You need to type in "Gold" where it says PROMO, and you'll get $50 bench seats.
Jack Bauer
PaperBear89
DONE!
Alf
Midnight Rider said:

How much are those seats normally?
Big_Pumpin
$50.99
ScottS
Do they have the $5 tickets through Wendy's with a purchase?
Alf
ScottS said:

Do they have the $5 tickets through Wendy's with a purchase?

Lol, I got into a lot games via the Wendy's deal
MrGolfguy
Alf said:

Midnight Rider said:

How much are those seats normally?
Depends on the opponent; $50 for non-conf patsies, $100 for conf games, more for UT & OU games.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
CTbruin
It will be full or close to it IMO
Fre3dombear
gobears20 said:

There are still a good amount of tickets left for this game.

Get your gold poms when you walk into McLane Stadium on Saturday

So All the gray areas are completely sold? Doesn't seem Many seats left
Jorkel
CTbruin said:

It will be full or close to it IMO

It would be pretty pathetic if it wasn't full
gobears20
Staff
Jayballer
Wow for real ? -I guess maybe it's because I'm not a frequent observer on Baylor but this really surprises me. Baylor has established it'self s one of the top programs in football in the Big 12, just find it hard to believe/understand why not sold out ?

As a KU fan that's fairly new on the board and have been accepted by the fans of this board just my observation. I mean with our situation I can see no sell outs-- well now there is and love it but Baylor's program ? - - Should be no reason why the fans aren't enjoying the Saturday afternoon enjoying exciting gams what a way to have a great past time and support the guys.

Now I apologize but I'm not sure who you play Saturday -don't think it should really matter You guys have a sweet team - -Just surprised me as the thread stated not even close , I don't understand that.

Anyways just saying my friends - -hope you have a great Saturday
Alf
For whatever reasons it has always been this way exceptions for UT/ OU as they fill up 1/4 to 1/3 of the stadium. Same for basketball except for KU.
Jayballer
Alf said:

For whatever reasons it has always been this way exceptions for UT/ OU as they fill up 1/4 to 1/3 of the stadium. Same for basketball except for KU.
I see , mercy I just can't understand with you having a solid , solid team . You would think the fan interest response would be better. - -I know a lot of KU fans would love to have a team like Baylor, however that being said pretty excited right now with the progress we seem to be making.

Anyways good luck Saturday my friend
BayouCity
Well they finally figured out that not everyone likes to wear gold. Looks great on tv, but it's a hard sell.

Let's get this out of the way… Yes I know that some of y'all are better fans than most and you'll wear gold even if you don't like it or look good in it.

If you're going to try a gold out… give everyone pom poms and towels. It's the only way to make it work. I'm not sure why it took them this long to realize it. Should have been done years ago.
Fre3dombear
I Swear we're the only fan base like this

You can get people to wear Orange, burnt Orange, purple, neon, etc but our ******ed fans will be like "I'm not wearing yellow…that's stupid"

Like anyone gives a **** if they look good
Or not. It's about unity
MrGolfguy
PREACH !!!
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
RegentCoverup
Blame the ticket office. This one is on them.
SIC EM 94
Settle down…it will be a full house come Saturday.
CTbruin
As I predicted, the tickets are almost gone. Received an email from BBF last night detailing the few tickets left.
BUBBFAN
Fre3dombear said:

You can get people to wear Orange, burnt Orange, purple, neon, etc but our ******ed fans will be like "I'm not wearing yellow…that's stupid"

Or not. It's about unity

So true
BayouCity
Fre3dombear said:

Or not. It's about unity

You're wildly underestimating vanity.
Aliceinbubbleland
boykin_spaniel
The Grove is the top pregame in the country and it's what Ole Miss fans really care about. Plus sometimes they get too drunk(among other things) to make it into the stadium.

McClane will be sold out or just shy this weekend. Aranda will never have to make Kiffin pleas for folks to show up to games. 11am kicks are the only games where the stadium looks like it's lacking and some of that is A. Students hiding in the concourse and B. Older fans deciding to not sit in 100 degree heat for 3+ hours. I wouldn't want my grandmother sitting in that heat.
DallasBear9902
Fre3dombear said:

Or not. It's about unity

I agree with you 100%…. But when does the athletic department get the message that this is never going to work? Do a black out or green.
BayouCity
DallasBear9902 said:

Fre3dombear said:

Or not. It's about unity

I agree with you 100%…. But when does the athletic department get the message that this is never going to work? Do a black out or green.

I think they're correct in their end goal but the approach is wrong. Gold looks great on TV. However if they push "wear gold" it will never work. If they go with something like "turn it gold" and hand out towels and pom poms, it will work.That way fans can wear whatever they want, wave a yellow pom pom, and everything will look great.
PostGame
Black out with gold pompoms would go over well but I really do not care as long as BU wins.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.