Story Poster
Photo by Chris Jones-USA TODAY Sports
Baylor Football

Baylor Set To Face Air Force in Armed Forces Bowl

December 4, 2022

Baylor (6-6) will face Air Force (9-3) in the Armed Forces Bowl according to Brett McMurphy of Action Network. The 2022 game is set for Thursday, Dec. 22 at 6:30 p.m. (CT) and will be nationally televised on ESPN.

The Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl game honors and recognizes the enormous sacrifices that America’s military personnel have made on the battlefield. And included within the trophy – the DNA, let’s call it, are decommissioned pieces of Lockheed Martin aircraft, spacecraft and weapons that are combat proven, like the Armed Forces that inspired it. Representing each of the six branches of the United States Armed Forces, each piece that goes into the trophy is an iconic symbol befitting of those who answer the call of duty.

The game will be played at Amon G. Carter Stadium in Fort Worth, Texas. Amon G. Carter Stadium located on the campus of Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Texas, and home to the TCU Horned Frogs football team. 

Discussion from...

Baylor Set To Face Air Force in Armed Forces Bowl

12,176 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MrGolfguy
SJ8999
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, that was my last choice - very cringe-inducing to be playing at TCU's field when they're at the Peach Bowl in CFP. Yea gh. Only upside is that it's relatively geographically convenient for our fans.
MrGolfguy
SMH
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
Hob Howelll
Are we allowed to decline the bowl game? I have a lot of respect for the Air Force, but beating them does absolutely nothing to move the needle for the program. It's like arm wrestling a woman. If you win, big whoop, you want a cookie? If you lose, ouch
ojos del oso
TCU is at Fiesta Bowl, not Peach
Stapponit
I'm curious to see if Aranda is able to patch the problems so they can look respectable. Baylor should use this game as a way to test out different player combinations including quarterback. Play Shapen the first half and Drones the second half. Shapen has good skills, but doesn't seem to handle pressure well so he's very inconsistent. I wish we had Bohanon. He seemed to do better under pressure.
As a side note, it's rather ridiculous you can have a 6-6 record and get into a bowl game.
Hob Howelll
Stapponit said:

I'm curious to see if Aranda is able to patch the problems so they can look respectable. Baylor should use this game as a way to test out different player combinations including quarterback. Play Shapen the first half and Drones the second half. Shapen has good skills, but doesn't seem to handle pressure well so he's very inconsistent. I wish we had Bohanon. He seemed to do better under pressure.
As a side note, it's rather ridiculous you can have a 6-6 record and get into a bowl game.

Did you miss the news about drones entering the transfer portal? I could be wrong, but I don't think a player can be in the portal and still play in games. But you're right, this game would have been a great opportunity to try out a different player at quarterback. Except our number two is now a grad transfer walk on
Squatch Hunter
our 4 will be there
PostGame
This Bowl game is played in TCU's stadium - Just can't do it! Sorry bears.
Txgolfjunkie
Shapen with skills?! Ha! He throws off his back foot, he hesitates on the deep ball leading to inaccuracy, he has a loser mentality... Slides when he should take the hit and get the first.
Stapponit
I hadn't heard that. I don't envy Aranda or any coach these days since players can transfer. Have a losing season and you may lose your best players at the end of the season.
Stapponit
Yep. That's what I mean. When he's under pressure he plays as though he's on a bad high school team. Off of the field he is very different.
Smashmouth
This is a bad matchup. A team that was supposed to compete for the Big 12 title and is on a 3 game losing streak vs. a team that is happy and excited to be there and is on a winning streak. This has embarrassing blow out loss for us written all over it.
MrGolfguy
Smashmouth said:

This is a bad matchup. A team that was supposed to compete for the Big 12 title and is on a 3 game losing streak vs. a team that is happy and excited to be there and is on a winning streak. This has embarrassing blow out loss for us written all over it.
That's what everyone thought last time BU went to a bowl at 6-6 (on a 6 game losing streak). Played 10-2 Boise that day and were supposed to get embarrassed; instead Baylor clowned the Broncos to the tune of 36-12 i think (36-6 with 1 min left).
whitetrash
So now the Athletic is saying we go to Phoenix to play Wisconsin and OkSt goes to FtWorth?

And apparently they were wrong.
NKYBear
Well at least the pregame fly over ought to be good. It should be fun for all the Texans on the Air Force team to get to play back in Texas. We need to respect our opponent, prepare, and then beat the stuffings out of USAFA.
BearlySpeaking
The Armed Forces Bowl website is saying there are no more stadium parking spaces left. I would like to go, but I'm not going if I have to park on the side of the road somewhere in Fort Worth in an area that I don't know what it is like.
BellCountyBear
BearlySpeaking said:

The Armed Forces Bowl website is saying there are no more stadium parking spaces left. I would like to go, but I'm not going if I have to park on the side of the road somewhere in Fort Worth in an area that I don't know what it is like.
I would be willing to bet the 3rd party ticket brokers have bought them all.
whitetrash
BellCountyBear said:

BearlySpeaking said:

They were available in the afternoon right after we were announced. I'm guessing they closed general public sales while the ticket window is open for the schools.
TXWayne
BellCountyBear said:

BearlySpeaking said:

No, I got one in lot three for $20 with my five tickets.
TXWayne
BearlySpeaking said:

Not true.

BearlySpeaking
For those who got the message late last night that no more parking spaces were available (I tried twice, same message popped up both times), that message is no longer appearing. I was able to get a parking pass this time.
Thanks to those who responded and let me know that they were opened back up again. See you at the game!
Feel The Floyd
They serving alcohol during the game?
McCavebear
BearlySpeaking said:

You are a puss. GTFO
McCavebear Lives!
BearlySpeaking
McCaveBear, I'm still here, and F*** You too.
MrGolfguy
Jack Bauer
SEE YOU IN FORT WORTH!

Due to the overwhelming response by members of the Bear Foundation in Baylor's early window ticket sale, the Bears' designated ticket allotment for the 2022 Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl is SOLD OUT! Baylor Athletics and Baylor football are incredibly grateful for the support of the Baylor family and we are ready to paint Amon G. Carter Stadium GOLD!

Fans in need of tickets, please visit the official ticketing site of the Armed Forces Bowl. Tickets are still available and pricing starts at $30 per ticket. Baylor will be designated the visiting team, and will occupy the west sideline. To purchase tickets through the Armed Forces Bowl, click the link below.
MrGolfguy
Jack Bauer said:

SEE YOU IN FORT WORTH!

Due to the overwhelming response by members of the Bear Foundation in Baylor's early window ticket sale, the Bears' designated ticket allotment for the 2022 Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl is SOLD OUT! Baylor Athletics and Baylor football are incredibly grateful for the support of the Baylor family and we are ready to paint Amon G. Carter Stadium GOLD!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.