Football
Sponsored by

Georgia QB Stetson Bennett arrested at 6am today in Dallas...

4,476 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by historian
bear2be2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DancinBear09 said:

bear2be2 said:

DancinBear09 said:

bear2be2 said:

DancinBear09 said:

Who gives a ***** Big surprise, college kid parties too hard and gets arrested for a PI.
Stetson Bennett isn't just a college kid. He's the two-time defending national championship quarterback. And at 25, it's probably about time he starts growing up or he's going to be Uncle Rico-ing it in Athens, Georgia 25 years from now, bragging to college kids who don't have any idea who the hell he is.

I mean…there is a much higher chance of that happening regardless of the PI. Dude doesn't have the height, weight or tools to be a successful NFL QB. The guy is no better than a 4th rounder even with a great combine.
The NFL isn't the only way to make a productive/respectable living. Haha.

I'm not talking about his career peaking in college. I'm talking about his life peaking in college.

He's going to be selling shoes to housewives, talking about his four touchdown game at Polk High.

….and frequenting sultry establishments like "the Nudie Bar" having a $20 bill tied to monofilament fishing line attached to his finger and having to give his wife "nooners".
There are far worse lots in life than giving Peg Bundy "nooners."
Bakersdozen
wongobear said:

Here's my summary of this thread

A guy got drunk and couldn't find his way home, and he is now doomed to be a life-long loser

Also, what's the definition of the word "old?" How about "east?"

<I already regret participating>

Another way of summarizing this thread:

A young man hoping to get drafted in the first round after leading his team to two national championships is arrested for public intoxication, hurting his personal and professional reputation with a bad choice. He has disappointed a lot of people.

It is called Old East Dallas. If you, or anyone else, wants to change it, contact the city of Dallas. This is not someone's preference.
Stefano DiMera
wongobear said:

A guy got drunk and couldn't find his way home, and he is now doomed to be a life-long loser

It's a little more serious than that..his home is Georgia..not Dallas..he was apparently in Ft Worth training for the draft..so he's way off the rails already..

And as I mentioned on first page of this thread..he's lucky he didn't get a bullet through his head..an NBA player got killed in Dallas for same thing..and I knew of a guy in a popular local band here in Dallas that was shot by a homeowner on Lower Greenville for same thing.. banging on doors drunk after an argument with his girlfriend.

This is Texas.
muddybrazos
Stefano DiMera said:

wongobear said:

It's a little more serious than that..his home is Georgia..not Dallas..he was apparently in Ft Worth training for the draft..so he's way off the rails already..

And as I mentioned on first page of this thread..he's lucky he didn't get a bullet through his head..an NBA player got killed in Dallas for same thing..and I knew of a guy in a popular local band here in Dallas that was shot by a homeowner on Lower Greenville for same thing.. banging on doors drunk after an argument with his girlfriend.

This is Texas.
Carter Albrecht? I knew him as well and he was a super nice guy. It was actually little Forest Hills where he was shot but he was on the anti smoking drug chantix which apparently should not be mixed with alcohol. Very tragic story bc he was a great talent.
Stefano DiMera
Yep that's him.
Mitch Blood Green
Bakersdozen said:

Sad. Sad also that some of you guys excuse this.

I know this part of Dallas well. There are a lot of Baylor hospital people there and also a lot of other people that you don't want to be up all night long with.

Public Intoxication indicates that he was probably disturbing the peace, making a scene or stumbling when police came by.

Disappointing.

I'm not bothered by this. I'll hold my scorn for his 3rd PI.
GoldenBear007
Sorry if I missed someone already ask this question, but how did he find himself in this situation out alone? I'm surprised no friends or anyone around to have made sure he got home okay and avoid this situation
Stefano DiMera
I haven't heard any more but that area is very close to some of Dallas' most popular nightspots...if I had to guess he was chasing some ass and didn't know what the address was.
Jack Bauer
Daveisabovereproach
I can think of at least one known rapist that is currently a starting quarterback in the NFL on a team that traded multiple first round picks to get him. I don't think his sterling reputation is going to affect his NFL career, assuming he can play.
Jack Bauer
No Quarterback said:

I can think of at least one known rapist that is currently a starting quarterback in the NFL on a team that traded multiple first round picks to get him. I don't think his sterling reputation is going to affect his NFL career, assuming he can play.

He's on the Baker Mayfield path...
BUMBA1
No Quarterback said:

Stupid and irresponsible behavior by Stetson, but to your point above, Ben Roethlisberger is doing just fine.
Daveisabovereproach
BUMBA1 said:

No Quarterback said:

Stupid and irresponsible behavior by Stetson, but to your point above, Ben Roethlisberger is doing just fine.

Lol and I was thinking of Deshaun Watson. So there's two for you
Grumpy
I had assumed you guys were talking about Jameis Winston!
historian
Jorkel said:

That guy loves to party!

Just like many other college students everywhere. Most are not celebrities, though.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
Yogi said:

He picked up a PI. Big deal.

Now, if you want to see some real partying that would blow your pastor's mind... that ain't even close.

Luckily I am 47 and party like it now. A beer, maybe an old fashioned - not too often because of doctor's orders - and then to bed by 11:00.

Party on!

They say with age comes wisdom.
historian
bear2be2 said:

DancinBear09 said:

Who gives a ***** Big surprise, college kid parties too hard and gets arrested for a PI.
Stetson Bennett isn't just a college kid. He's the two-time defending national championship quarterback. And at 25, it's probably about time he starts growing up or he's going to be Uncle Rico-ing it in Athens, Georgia 25 years from now, bragging to college kids who don't have any idea who the hell he is.

And they won't care because there will be some new sensation getting attention.
historian
wongobear said:

Pretty much sums it up!!

As far as the semantics goes, it shows that Dallas has grown a lot over the years. Most cities have, at least in Texas.
historian
Stefano DiMera said:

I haven't heard any more but that area is very close to some of Dallas' most popular nightspots...if I had to guess he was chasing some ass and didn't know what the address was.

It seems like that's not very far from Deep Ellum (sp?) which is Dallas's version of 6th street in Austin. I've only been there once, many years ago with some friends. (They needed a designated driver!). Miserable experience.
historian
Jack Bauer said:

That last line!! LOL

Seems like there might be some hope for this kid. It all depends on how he responds to it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.