Football
Sponsored by

Big 12 Schedule Chart

8,545 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Reverend
RBW 67
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UT has to play Kansas in their exit year. Serves them right!
boognish_bear
The B12 is tough...but this is about as favorable a schedule as we could have hoped for.

If we get improved QB play (whether Shapen or Sawyer) and our new DC can help the D take a step forward we should be able to make some noise.

bear2be2
Quinton said:

Too tired to make sense of this. Can't tell if you agree the schedules are strange (but necessary for now I know) and further distort the already random "title game" or if you think a title game is now necessary and its fine.
I only like championship games with divisions. They make no sense otherwise.
Cove Dawg
Wasn't even aware Long Island U fielded a football team.
boognish_bear

Cove Dawg
ImwithBU said:

Quinton said:

Im sure this is just a jab but OU is better than Cincy, Uh, or Ucf. Looks like we've been given a bit of a gift although its a really boring schedule. We need to sweep those games.

How can you bored when we these are all new teams

Does a season finale against WVU excite you?
Quinton
Okay, sounds good. I would agree. Maybe Im blind here but I could see a scenario where OU improves just a bit but still isn't great and makes the title game comfortably. Same actually applies to BU to a lesser extent.

Cincy and Ok st as well (but don't think either will be in contention so it won't "matter")
Cove Dawg
GoldenBear007 said:

Quinton said:

Stefano DiMera said:

No divisions
Don't understand how a champ is determined then. The schedules difficulty vary wildly

Welcome to the new future. Everyone is looking to move away from divisions.

What P5 conference other than the Big XII is getting rid of divisions?
boognish_bear
Cove Dawg said:

Wasn't even aware Long Island you fielded a football team.

Last year Albany. This year Long Island. Next year Queensborough Community College?
whitetrash
Cove Dawg said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Quinton said:

Stefano DiMera said:

No divisions
Don't understand how a champ is determined then. The schedules difficulty vary wildly

Pac12 already did
Bear8084
boognish_bear said:

Cove Dawg said:

Last year Albany. This year Long Island. Next year Queensborough Community College?

Bada Bings doesn't have a football team?
Jack Bauer
Cove Dawg said:

Long Island University Sharks are in FCS in the Northeast Conference where they went 4-7 last year.

They had these losses to FBS teams:

0-37 to Toledo
10-63 to Kent State
wongobear
Here are a couple other views to help visualize.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=624632516337963&set=a.488282986639584
2023 Baylor Football Schedule | FBSchedules.com

I think it is a great schedule for us. 5 Big 12 home games is nice. Both Texas and OU only have 4 conference home games (plus the Cotton bowl game). We also get UT, TT, and U of H at home which will help us sell tickets. We also keep our 19th century rivalry game. I'd like to see BYU, but we did JUST play them 2x.

Some other things I noticed digging around
  • OU and UT only play 2 of the "new" schools each
  • WVU and OSU play all 4 of the new schools
  • Ia St, UCF, TT, TCU, BYU (plus OU and UT) only have 4 conf home games
  • I think BYU is the only "new" school to play both OU and UT

Wolf 359
monsterbear61
Long Island "Sharks" in case you are interested....

They finished the season with 4 close wins against Duquesne (2OT), Stonehill, Central Connecticut State and Sacred Heart. This was a big turn-around after 7 opening season losses.

monsterbear61
whitetrash said:

Cove Dawg said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Quinton said:

Stefano DiMera said:

No divisions

Pac12 already did
ACC did... effective this year.
Jack Bauer
Are there sharks in Long Island ...?
monsterbear61
Bear8084 said:

boognish_bear said:

Cove Dawg said:

Mary Hardin-Baylor would be better by far and fill the stadium.
Jack Bauer
Another 3A HS Football team..

Long Island Football Field:
Bethpage Federal Credit Union Stadium boasts a seating capacity of over 6,000, with 816 seatbacks installed on the home sideline

whitetrash
Jack Bauer said:

Are there sharks in Long Island ...?

Where do you think Amity Island was?

Bear8084
monsterbear61 said:

Bear8084 said:

boognish_bear said:

Cove Dawg said:

Mary Hardin-Baylor would be better by far and fill the stadium.

Yeah, but hear me out: half-time would be a showstopper.
blackie
Wicked_Wombat said:

Strange...the legacy B12 teams play 2, 3 or all 4 of the new schools...and not all of the legacy teams (such as BU doesn't play OU). Just weird. This will result in conference schedules of varying difficulty.
How can you expect anything differently? You can't play 13 conference games. The schedules were terribly unbalanced during the first years of the XII when we had divisions. And if you did have divisions you can end up with the same thing. You can't even try to predict who will have a good team next year with any certainty and who won't. Just look at this years final standings compared to last year to the preseason predictions. Totally different.

It would be interesting to know how they came up with this, but concerning oneself about schedules of varying difficulty is a waste of time. Too many assumptions on which to base an opinion that holds water. And that would be true if you did have divisions. As stated earlier, just look at the old Big XII South vs. North. South was brutal with even a mediocre team having a real shot in the North.
bear2be2
Quinton said:

Okay, sounds good. I would agree. Maybe Im blind here but I could see a scenario where OU improves just a bit but still isn't great and makes the title game comfortably. Same actually applies to BU to a lesser extent.

Cincy and Ok st as well (but don't think either will be in contention so it won't "matter")
I want to know what happens when four teams finish with the same conference record and don't have any head-to-head tiebreakers.
bear2be2
Cove Dawg said:

GoldenBear007 said:

Quinton said:

Stefano DiMera said:

No divisions

Basically all of them are. I really don't like it.
bear2be2
blackie said:

Wicked_Wombat said:

Strange...the legacy B12 teams play 2, 3 or all 4 of the new schools...and not all of the legacy teams (such as BU doesn't play OU). Just weird. This will result in conference schedules of varying difficulty.
How can you expect anything differently? You can't play 13 conference games. The schedules were terribly unbalanced during the first years of the XII when we had divisions. And if you did have divisions you can end up with the same thing. You can't even try to predict who will have a good team next year with any certainty and who won't. Just look at this years final standings compared to last year to the preseason predictions. Totally different.

It would be interesting to know how they came up with this, but concerning oneself about schedules of varying difficulty is a waste of time. Too many assumptions on which to base an opinion that holds water. And that would be true if you did have divisions. As stated earlier, just look at the old Big XII South vs. North. South was brutal with even a mediocre team having a real shot in the North.
The best way to fix it is the most obvious -- divisions.

At least with two divisions, every team in each has an objective path to the title game. The conference schedules would still have some variance, but six of the nine games would be the same.
BearFan33
I like it. Think how the SEC does it. With the round robin we beat up on each other too much. It's really really hard to run through the conference. The way the schedule is set up now some B12 teams every year should have a easier path to the conference championship and College football playoff.
Jack Bauer
bear2be2 said:

Quinton said:

I want to know what happens when four teams finish with the same conference record and don't have any head-to-head tiebreakers.
Dueling pistols at High Noon
wongobear
bear2be2 said:

Quinton said:

1) Has there been a 4-way tie even one time in the Big XII history? I don't know, but I don't think so.
2) If there was a 4-way tie and all 4 teams played, there would almost surely still need to be some other tiebreaker besides the h2h records

And the chances of 4 teams finishing at the top with no h2h might be impossible. I can't be certain because I haven't sat down to figure it out, but the complexity of that scenario is very high.
bear2be2
Jack Bauer said:

bear2be2 said:

Quinton said:

Dueling pistols at High Noon
That puts Oklahoma State and Tech at a pretty significant advantage, no?
bear2be2
wongobear said:

bear2be2 said:

Quinton said:

1) Has there been a 4-way tie even one time in the Big XII history? I don't know, but I don't think so.
2) If there was a 4-way tie and all 4 teams played, there would almost surely still need to be some other tiebreaker besides the h2h records

And the chances of 4 teams finishing at the top with no h2h might be impossible. I can't be certain because I haven't sat down to figure it out, but the complexity of that scenario is very high.
It wasn't as likely to happen with a round robin schedule as it is now. The round robin format was a zero-sum game. That's no longer the case with every team missing four opponents.

It wouldn't be hard at all for four teams to finish 7-2 in conference play.
historian
Harrison Bergeron said:

This is a terrible schedule for entertainment value ....
- No OU
- No OSU
- The worse three newbs
- Surprised they gave us Tech and TCU

We are playing all of the other teams in the state of Texas. That's a good thing.
perrynative
bear2be2 said:

Quinton said:

Maybe the Long Island medium can help.
Gobearsone
Cove Dawg said:

I was about to post the same thing. I knew there was no football stadium in Brooklyn, turns out it is further out on Long Island.
Quinton
No clue. I would guess point differential or something which just reinforces the first issue as you can run it up on a Cincy or Uh much more easily than you can against say K State and Tex. Its going to be strange the next few years.
parch
Harrison Bergeron said:

This is a terrible schedule for entertainment value ....
- No OU
- No OSU
- The worse three newbs
- Surprised they gave us Tech and TCU
All three programs/fan bases are going to treat this year like their Super Bowl to prove they belong. Orlando and Cincinnati will both be raucous environments.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.