Football
Sponsored by

Another T9 lawsuit

3,298 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by NoBSU
KickingBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Being reported by WacoTrib. Doesnt look like an athlete so I'm sure it won't be picked up anywhere.
Surf Oso
so being picked up by a newspaper is not being picked up anywhere?
Lately, newspaper mentioned cheap airfare
I've got to fly to Saint Somewhere
I'm close to bodily harm
KickingBear
Surf Oso said:

you're clever.
Malbec
KickingBear said:

Surf Oso said:

you're clever.
George says that the Trib and KWTX are not real news sources.
LBKBEAR
With the football villains out of the picture I thought we were at least supposed to be an institution of Title IX Compliance.
Nguyen One Soon
Now that money has been paid, look for the line at the cashier's window to get longer. Or else, someone screwed up, again.
bearlyafarmer
At this rate, will Collins ever get renovated?
Life is more about asking the right questions than giving the right answers.
80sBEAR
Should we hang 21 on Liberty, the vultures will be back! LOL!!!
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
REX
So what has changed at BU?
syme
"If you or a loved one are having difficulty with student loans and attended Baylor University. You may be entitled to financial compensation.."
bearlyafarmer
REX said:

So what has changed at BU?
What was the purpose of the Sphinx?
Life is more about asking the right questions than giving the right answers.
Ghostrider
yep, girl said she was kissed unwantingly....Baylor investigated and found the guy innocent and that she had also asked another girl for a 3some....
Chanceux
It's hard to fathom that Baylor Title IX employees could have messed this up.

I've read the plaintiff's alleged account and am curious if some of what is in there is protocol. Do they ask questions concerning what an alleged victim ate that night, what she was wearing, etc.? Isn't there some generic, standardized booklet of correct procedure?

It's baffling.
OsoCoreyell
This case is a great example of why universities should not be doing this. This inherently involves a balancing of equal protection under the law and due process. But because of the potentially criminal aspects, the due process concerns are much more at the forefront.

Think of the facts (even accepting her version): Girl and guy go to party and drink a fair amount. They either hook up or she feels loopy and he takes advantage of her while she's loopy. So she reports it to the police and school, the police decline to do anything and the school finds him not-guilty (or at least that there was not enough evidence to say that he was guilty).

So...sue the school. Not the guy, the school.

I'm not taking sides in the debate. But if there is any standard of guilt that is other than "if she accuses, he is guilty" then there will always be a possibility that a guilty person goes free. That's what due process of law means.
clayc34
Interesting take that shows the complexity of it all.

If you are mugged at the mall but the police decline to pursue an investigation do you sue the mall?

I think it's fair to expect the school to have some reasonable policies and practices in place to help protect students from being victims of crime. But it seems unreasonable to expect the school to be held responsible for any alleged crime that takes place on campus (or perhaps some might say off-campus as well).
TacoBellmead
ghostrider said:

yep, girl said she was kissed unwantingly....Baylor investigated and found the guy innocent and that she had also asked another girl for a 3some....

Your reading comprehension is about as good as your acting.

I do appreciate the three-way boldness.
austinrob
When Title IX came out there were no details how to implement, what to implement, how to manage, how to enforce, etc. It was do this or else we will cut off $$.

From reading the story on the new complaint, the protocol for asking questions and investigating has not changed. ?? Or is that the information that is needed and the alleged victim is overly sensitive to the line of questioning?

One area of this issue that is kept buried, especially by the rape activists, is the rights of the accused. He said, she said, 18-22 year olds, immature young adults, substance abuse, and peer pressure. Tough to sort out.
The school should not be judge and jury to decide who to believe and not believe. The education and training is not there for them to responsibly handle. State, county, local government does not have the resources to handle.

No clear answer though not surprise our current administration still cannot get this right.
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower
What a mess.

The Baylor University Board of Regents has passed us all a bucket of s***. What is the best thing to do when somebody passes you a bucket of s***? You pass it right back to them.

Let them figure it out.
Malbec
OsoCoreyell said:

This case is a great example of why universities should not be doing this. This inherently involves a balancing of equal protection under the law and due process. But because of the potentially criminal aspects, the due process concerns are much more at the forefront.

Think of the facts (even accepting her version): Girl and guy go to party and drink a fair amount. They either hook up or she feels loopy and he takes advantage of her while she's loopy. So she reports it to the police and school, the police decline to do anything and the school finds him not-guilty (or at least that there was not enough evidence to say that he was guilty).

I'm not taking sides in the debate. But if there is any standard of guilt that is other than "if she accuses, he is guilty" then there will always be a possibility that a guilty person goes free. That's what due process of law means.
Remember, Title IX lawsuits are not about the assault, they are about discrimination. The plaintiff is not primarily saying that the institution failed in its duty to find the accused responsible, but rather that it failed in its duty of accommodation which caused the accuser to be discriminated against in the opportunity to access her education at the institution.
NoBSU
OsoCoreyell said:

Yawn.

Looks like the system worked to me. Baylor shows they are asking standard questions that are pertinent to the investigation. Gets it kicked.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.