Colorado board meeting

8,714 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Stefano DiMera
ursamajor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'd be excited for an ACC/Pac 12 merger so we could see more of those great regional rivalries like Miami vs Washington and Arizona vs Boston College.
MT_Bear
BearBall said:

MT_Bear said:

Bakersdozen said:

I would prefer teams that want to join the Big 12 and make it something special as opposed to a life boat until they find a bigger boat.

There is not a single team, including those currently in the Big XII, who wouldn't jump aboard one of the two "bigger boats" if given the opportunity.
of course they wouldn't. 1. SEC 2. Big 10
I know. I was pointing out how ridiculous Beardozen's wish was - it excludes not only any potential new members, but all existing members as well.
boykin_spaniel
That was my point. It's all noise. PAC and ACC are nothing but grandstanding showmen. The classic Dallas 30k millionaires.
Bakersdozen
MT_Bear said:

Bakersdozen said:

I would prefer teams that want to join the Big 12 and make it something special as opposed to a life boat until they find a bigger boat.

There is not a single team, including those currently in the Big XII, who wouldn't jump aboard one of the two "bigger boats" if given the opportunity.
I am not sure I understand your point. I agree but CO is not anywhere near the top of the list to join one of those conference for obvious reasons. Therefore, I would prefer to have the best teams that want to be in the Big 12 that are probably not going anywhere else. There are plenty of them and once ACC falls apart there will be some good ones not going to BIG or SEC.
PartyBear
Word among twitters realignment obsessors, is that what leaks they have gotten from CU, is that they are giving the PAC Commissioner until June 30th to come up with a deal that will prevent their move.
Just passing it along. Not claiming any of it has credibility. One thing that seems to be real, is that the PAC school administrations have been giving and are giving the commissioner every chance to come up with something. By June 30th he would have had a little over a year to come up with something.

BearlyBeloved
PartyBear said:

Word among twitters realignment obsessors, is that what leaks they have gotten from CU, is that they are giving the PAC Commissioner until June 30th to come up with a deal that will prevent their move.
Just passing it along. Not claiming any of it has credibility. One thing that seems to be real, is that the PAC school administrations have been giving and are giving the commissioner every chance to come up with something. By June 30th he would have had a little over a year to come up with something.

They should have chosen the Ides of March.
MT_Bear
Bakersdozen said:

MT_Bear said:

Bakersdozen said:

I am not sure I understand your point. I agree but CO is not anywhere near the top of the list to join one of those conference for obvious reasons. Therefore, I would prefer to have the best teams that want to be in the Big 12 that are probably not going anywhere else. There are plenty of them and once ACC falls apart there will be some good ones not going to BIG or SEC.

You said you wanted teams that want to be in the Big XII as opposed to those that see the Big XII as a potential means of stepping up into a "bigger boat." My point is simply that no team worth anything fits that description. Every team in the conference or being considered for expansion either 1) wants into the B1G or SEC or 2) is so low value as to know they have no chance at doing so.
Bakersdozen
I think I either chose my words poorly or you have misunderstood my point. I would be happy to have CU if they wanted to truly come to the Big 12. There is no chance of them going to a bigger conference and I didn't imply that. However, Oregon and Washington have made it clear they want BIG.

I want teams who want to join the Big 12, are excited about the opportunity and want to help make it great which is something the Big 12 has NEVER had. UT always had its own deal and this league was doomed in its current form from the start. Let's don't make that mistake again.

CU doesn't want the Big 12. They may have to find another boat (other than PAC). It will have to be a smaller boat.

And this - if OU were able to talk the SEC into getting an invitation to OSU - I get that. All of these teams were prefer to be in the SEC/BIG, but that is only a dream for most of the schools.
Stefano DiMera

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.