Football
Sponsored by

Tramel's ScissorTales: Is Colorado close to leaving Pac-12 for Big 12? Signs say yes

1,283 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by BluesBear
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
osogreen
Despite the animus against the Buffs among many Big 12 fans, CU followed by Arizona should be the two top targets for B12 expansion.

Coach Prime could very well make the Buffs relevant again (before he moves on somewhere else) and the Front Range is a huge market and a great road trip.

If we can take two it should be CU and AZ. ASU & UU would create some great regional matchups but otherwise, meh.
PartyBear
Take CU but don't fill up on PAC schools. The XII should be reserving slots for current ACC schools.
Team America
Wish we would have been in the same conference as ASU when I was in school. Would have thoroughly enjoyed road trips there to mingle.
Redbrickbear
Team America said:

Wish we would have been in the same conference as ASU when I was in school. Would have thoroughly enjoyed road trips there to mingle.
I did the European business seminar trip with Hankamer when I was in school.

We traveled during the trip with a group from ASU (stayed at the same hotels, went to the same companies)

They absolutely loved to party.

I would say the girls were Texas Tech-Texas State level in terms of hotness
osogreen
Redbrickbear said:

Team America said:

We traveled during the trip with a group from ASU (stayed at the same hotels, went to the same companies)

OK, when we add Competitive Partying as a Big 12 sport, ASU can join.

I'm way past my prime to compete, but I can still be a judge. Wet T-shirt contests only though.
Jayballer
Heard a conversation today on a sports podcast here in Kansas, sounds like they said that the ACC is trying to do what the Big 12 has already been through that didn't work.

The ACC trying to make attractive enough package that teams wanna stay. The league offering un equal accentives, for teams that excel. - Say like Florida St makes the football playoffs & gets a spot in the NCAA BB tourney they get an extra 10 mill to their payout- yet even with the added 10 mil - it would only come to around 49 mil which the big 12 is going to be getting right around there. -

Big 12 screwed up with allowing Teas to have their Longhorn network and Oklahoma something I think they called Oklahoma Sports ? - - Not gonna work for the ACC , there is no loyalty to a league anymore the 1st time these Schools get a chance for more money -they gone , just like Texas did and Oklahoma.

The PAC 12 & ACC are screwed just a matter of time
Bear2014
good. I think the Big 12 would be an amazing conference and bring (in some cases, back) some great rivalries.. If the Big 12 were future/forward thinking, they'd only take 2 pacschools- which i think most agree on Colorado and Arizona. and even if the ACC holds pat until 2036, the Big 12 would need to prioritize Pitt, Louisville, Virginia Tech, NC State, Ga Tech and if Miami doesnt go to the BIG or SEC, them, or possibly Duke for the basketball component.

At 20 teams, we'd be the same numbers as the BIG and SEC, and top to bottom, the big 12 would be the most competitive, as we were in 2022. It would be a fun, "scrappy" league. I just hope that the big 12 doesnt take all 4 of the four corner schools.
gobears20
Staff
Team America
Redbrickbear said:

Team America said:

You must have had a bad batch. The ASU talent at the 2005 CWS top notch.
BluesBear
Deion is also a savvy business guy - he gets it and I'm sure he's told the President that it's best to leave PAC now versus wait when you have zero leverage...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.