Football
Sponsored by

Mack Rhoades to @365sportsyt on the importance of NIL for #Baylor moving forward

888 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by lakersfan34
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
bear2be2
Good luck with that.

The courts need to end this farce and make players paid employees. If it costs an additional $5 million to keep competitive athletic programs, that $5 million needs to be coming out of the record revenues these universities are raking in on these ludicrous TV rights deals.

Asking fans and boosters who already pay exorbitant amounts to support these programs to pony up more while these untaxed "non-profit organizations" talk, act and earn like corporations in every way is a freaking joke.
Married A Horn
Agree. Paid employees with a salary cap per university. Then we'll see a little more parity and every school will at least feel like they have a chance instead of it being the same exact 6 to 8 schools in the running every single year (with the occasional outlier).

Pros did it to keep the competition from going bankrupt and irrelevant. Needs to happen here...and soon.
BluesBear
It will never happen....too much greed in place. On another note.....$74K to attend Baylor.....
Married A Horn
Was the same thing said about the nfl before they did it? (Serious question - im too young to know)
Wicked_Wombat
Wait till all these NIL millionaires start going to jail for failing to pay taxes.
PartyBear
5 million is alot. However I just read an email last week from the Regents that they approved an operating budget of 905 mil for the university, I may not remember exactly it might have been closer to one billion. It would seem that Baylor could somewhat easily come up with one half a percent more if the budget is 905 million annually, if the idea advanced here by some of y'all became legal.

BTW I did not listen to Mack's interview. I assume he meant 5 million a year for all sports is about what Baylor needs.
BluesBear
Start selling alcohol at the sports events.....You will find that $5M in a hurry...
lakersfan34
If you dump the Bear Foundation "donation" for season tickets and put it into a NIL fund instead, it would be a better approach for success going forward.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.