two pac12 administrators saying they have to get the media deal done before the end

2,469 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Stefano DiMera
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
PartyBear
Allegedly BY has grown tired of the indecision of Pac schools and has told them after 6/30 no applications from current Pac members will be accepted. This as per twittersphere. So take it for what it is.
BearlyBeloved
The "corner schools," especially Colorado and Arizona, should recognize that they are being thrown a lifeline which they should grab while they can.

Otherwise, they have no other rescuers coming.

BBWCBear
I'm of the opinion after ALL the chatter for waaayyyy too long by all the talking heads "in the know" that the PAC12 will remain as is for the current time. All the thinking, wishing, gnashing of teeth, hand wringing, will just have been futile. When the SEC and B1G make their final alignment choices down the road it'll finally be over and Productive actions, of all kinds, can be taken by the remaining schools/teams. I'm so ready for this crap to be over.
PartyBear
My own bs theory is that where there has been alot of smoke there has been fire. I think CU has been on the verge of moving for a couple of weeks now and perhaps had even been scheduled to make it official today but has for some reason decided it needs more time to evaluate. This could actually cause them all to be stuck together as the life boat may be moving on to focus on rescuing others from the next looming wreck on the other side of the ocean. And I am completely fine with moving on and focusing on the East side of the country.
BearlyBeloved

historian
Maybe the Pac 12 is the Titanic at midnight the morning of April 15, 1912 (20 minutes after the iceberg) & the schools are sleeping or rearranging the deck chairs. Maybe some of them are still arrogantly confident that it is "unsinkable".
Jayballer
Read from my KU site , Tim FitzGerald - the K/State insider -tweeted out that he is still hearing that the Big 12 is still pursuing Colorado , Arizona , San Diego State & U conn.

Saying that continue to wait for PAC 12 to share official media offer BUT the end of JUN remains the Dead line for more immediate membership.

You know IF BY IS truly interested in adding Basketball Schools then - -Between Gonzaga and U conn, I would have to think you take U conn.

At least U conn DOES have some sort of a football program - -not much for granted but better then Gonzaga as they have Nothing. - -Plus on the Basketball side U conn powerhouse's in BOTH men and Womens Basketball, then Womens Basketball would be a huge get if it were to happen.

FitzGerald quoted as saying BY gettin push back about U conn so guess that's why the name of Memphis has come up again.
blackie
Jayballer said:

Read from my KU site , Tim FitzGerald - the K/State insider -tweeted out that he is still hearing that the Big 12 is still pursuing Colorado , Arizona , San Diego State & U conn.

Saying that continue to wait for PAC 12 to share official media offer BUT the end of JUN remains the Dead line for more immediate membership.

You know IF BY IS truly interested in adding Basketball Schools then - -Between Gonzaga and U conn, I would have to think you take U conn.

At least U conn DOES have some sort of a football program - -not much for granted but better then Gonzaga as they have Nothing. - -Plus on the Basketball side U conn powerhouse's in BOTH men and Womens Basketball, then Womens Basketball would be a huge get if it were to happen.

FitzGerald quoted as saying BY gettin push back about U conn so guess that's why the name of Memphis has come up again.

In MBB isn't UConn the more established program? They have had success with more than one coach. I don't know the history of Gonzaga, but have they had national success with anyone other than with Few? Without knowing the answer to that I just feel that UConn is the safer bet to continue what they supposedly are bringing to the table that makes them desirable.

Concerning the women's side, it would certainly upgrade the stature of the conference, but how much longer will Geno coach? Once he leaves, it is highly likely that UConn women suffer at least a temporary drop off as we have seen with losing our HOF coach. Players went to UConn because of Geno, not because of the school. Every school that has lost their elite WBB coach, for whatever reason has had at least a temporary drop-off, if not longer. Of course, part of that is the parity that has grown in the game, but probably not all of it.
Stefano DiMera
Dan Monson started their run of success..he was there only 2 years but won 2 conference championships and went to Elite 8 his last year.
FLBear5630
BearlyBeloved said:

The "corner schools," especially Colorado and Arizona, should recognize that they are being thrown a lifeline which they should grab while they can.

I don't think they believe they need rescuing as much as the "insiders" believe.
BearlyBeloved
FLBear5630 said:

BearlyBeloved said:

I don't think they believe they need rescuing as much as the "insiders" believe.

FLBear5630
BearlyBeloved said:

FLBear5630 said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Yet a year later, the PAC is still here and the B12 is still looked at as a last resort. Worse than taking less money. Yet, we keep acting like we can cherry pick programs! Look at who we are really talking about getting UCONN, not Oregon, Utah, or the other dream schools.
BearlyBeloved
Dream schools? That would apply only if the Big 12 were pursuing Notre Dame or thought one of the blue bloods would leave the SEC or the BIG.

What BY is pursuing is well within possibility.

The PAC 12 is doing the dreaming, with all the anonymous claims that they're about to inherit a fortune for their broadcast rights, whispering to sycophant reporters that their checks are coming in the mail tomorrow.

Also, the government is here to help us, and . . . you know the rest.
FLBear5630
BearlyBeloved said:

Dream schools? That would apply only if the Big 12 were pursuing Notre Dame or thought one of the blue bloods would leave the SEC or the BIG.

The PAC 12 is doing the dreaming, with all the anonymous claims that they're about to inherit a fortune for their broadcast rights, whispering to sycophant reporters that their checks are coming in the mail tomorrow.

Yet, the school on the table appears to be UCONN.

You don't see the PAC schools in this so-called TV disaster still do not view the B12 as a desirable landing spot? That is what is irking at the back of my mind
BearlyBeloved
FLBear5630 said:

BearlyBeloved said:

You don't see the PAC schools in this so-called TV disaster still do not view the B12 as a desirable landing spot? That is what is irking at the back of my mind
Nah, they understandably want to stick with their tried-and-true conference. And they're giving their conference every chance to prove that the marriage can somehow be saved.

"We didn't want the divorce, but it just wasn't going to work. We were faithful, and we'll end up with a good solid spouse, not rushing into the arms of a brazen hussy or a gorgeous temptress."

I'm sure that's a direct quote from one of the AD's. Look it up; I'm sure it's an exact quote! Word-for-word. ;-)

FLBear5630
BearlyBeloved said:

FLBear5630 said:

BearlyBeloved said:

Nah, they understandably want to stick with their tried-and-true conference. And they're giving their conference every chance to prove that the marriage can somehow be saved.

"We didn't want the divorce, but it just wasn't going to work. We were faithful, and we'll end up with a good solid spouse, not rushing into the arms of a brazen hussy or a gorgeous temptress."

I'm sure that's a direct quote from one of the AD's. Look it up; I'm sure it's an exact quote! Word-for-word. :-)

Trust you. Not a big deal. Just frustrating listening to people act like B12 is a clear #3, when 18 months ago we were DOA. PAC and ACC are not going without a fight and both have strong histories.
JTM
If PAC 12 schools start accepting offers in July, what is the soonest they can officially join a new conference?
Stefano DiMera
Depends on their respective conference bylaws..MWC us 18 months..not sure of PAC..but anything can be negotiated...TCU and West Virginia paid a little extra I believe to come early.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.