Coach Prime setting the standard in Colorado

15,261 Views | 169 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by boognish_bear
FLBear5630
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah, Deion doesn't know what he is doing. We lose to Texas St and Deion is a joke???
historian
To be fair, that quote came shortly after the Colorado v TCU game but hours before ours began.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Jorkel
texillian said:

I wonder how many schools put their players social media tags on the back of their uniform for practice. That definitely seems unique.

Probably none other than Colorado at this point. But he is playing the NIL game. The more reach the players have the more potential for money. Who else is regularly airing their lives on YouTube like Colorado?
Jorkel
boognish_bear
Jorkel
boognish_bear said:

I would love to be a part of the Prime Colorado if I were a high profile portal player or a high school player.
montypython
Let's tap the brakes here.

This speech wasn't after a CCG win.

He has exactly 1 win at the FBS level.
Jorkel
montypython said:

Doesn't matter, he gets his whole team up for practice, games, and life. His players would run through two walls for him and believe in him and themselves.
montypython
Jorkel said:

montypython said:

Doesn't matter, he gets his whole team up for practice, games, and life. His players would run through two walls for him and believe in him and themselves.

Sounds like something that's never been done in college football. I'll make sure to save a copy of that video.
Jorkel
montypython said:

Jorkel said:

montypython said:

Sounds like something that's never been done in college football. I'll make sure to save a copy of that video.

Doesn't seem like it's hasn't been done for Baylor in a long time
FLBear5630
montypython said:

In one game he matched last seasons win total and several of his players (Louis Vitone) looked the part setting marks not seen in 5 years.

He will not win all of them, but he sent a message to a lot of kids with talent that he will deliver. For now, he was vindicated.
historian
Coach Rhule started with similar speeches & took his team to the conference title game & the Sugar Bowl in year 3. Those same players would win the title & the Sugar Bowl two years after he left. Many of those players are now in the NFL. If he had stayed here, we might have achieved the same & more. We will never know.

By the way, I still give Aranda credit for 2021 but those players were not his recruits.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
FLBear5630
boognish_bear said:

I swear he says **** to get reactions.
Hotsauce
Self-promotion is his sole reason for existing.
boognish_bear
Oops...just realized this was son....not dad

FLBear5630
This is in the Tampa Bay Times. Colorado is listed on article title to track ranking. Colorado? In the 40 years I have lived here, I have never seen Colorado tracked.

UF
FSU
USF
Bams
Miami

Yup. Colorado????

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/seminoles/2023/09/17/ap-top-25-rankings-poll-florida-state-football-alabama-deion-sanders-gators-fsu/
FLBear5630
FLBear5630 said:

This is in the Tampa Bay Times. Colorado is listed on article title to track ranking. Colorado? In the 40 years I have lived here, I have never seen Colorado tracked.

UF
FSU
USF
Bams
Miami

Yup. Colorado????

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/seminoles/2023/09/17/ap-top-25-rankings-poll-florida-state-football-alabama-deion-sanders-gators-fsu/

PartyBear
Some of those tweets above that boognish posted have me thinking this is actually not going to end well for CU.

Btw I checked Sanders Jr Twitter page in his heading he has an opulent clothing line listed and it says God's Son which struck me as strange.

These folks are everything Briles was accused of in terms of culture except on steroids.

The best way for this to end and it will at some point is for Sanders to leave for another program. If he has to be fired because they are losing that is bad of course but if he puts CU into a position of having to fire him such as due to scandal or controversy etc., that is going to be a shxt show circus.
boognish_bear
FLBear5630
Travis Hunter will miss significant time. CU going to have problems without him. Cheap shot by CSU out of bounds. Shame, would have been fun to see how they did versus Oregon, USC and Utah. Yet, many will say the CSU coach has more class.
boognish_bear
That cheap shot was pure bush league trash
boognish_bear
FLBear5630
boognish_bear said:

Well, AZ ST may be doable. Oregon and USC without your best DB? Gonna be tough sledding with a restricted roster.
DAC
FLBear5630 said:

Travis Hunter will miss significant time. CU going to have problems without him. Cheap shot by CSU out of bounds. Shame, would have been fun to see how they did versus Oregon, USC and Utah. Yet, many will say the CSU coach has more class.

Dang what did they say the injury is?
boognish_bear
DAC said:

FLBear5630 said:

Lacerated liver....which sounds horrible

FLBear5630
boognish_bear said:

DAC said:

FLBear5630 said:

Lacerated liver....which sounds horrible

I love that rule. The person that did the cheap shot be out as long as the player they injured.
historian
Maybe longer

It's an interesting idea & I would have to think it through but it first blush I like it. It could incentivize players & coaches to be more careful about doing anything that could lead to a serious injury.
FLBear5630
historian said:

Maybe longer

It's an interesting idea & id have to think it through but it first blush I like it. It could incentivize players & coaches to be more careful about doing anything that could lead to a serious injury.
Well, only if a targeting or unsportsmanlike resulted in an injury. Lacerated Liver is serious. I would bet this is longer than 3 weeks.

Why isn't Blackmon being called a thug?
historian
Lacerated liver has got to be very serious. Even sounds a bit scary. And I can easily see how he might be out several weeks.

That hit was a completely unnecessary cheap shot. The CS player got off easy.

I hope Hunter heals quickly & will be ready to play soon. He is a great athlete & fun to watch!

Here's the hit:

Jack Bauer
Dirty as hell. The ball bounced right in front of the defender. He knew the play was dead and Hunter had given up on the play.

He was watching Hunter (not the ball) the whole time, it was all planned.
boognish_bear
i wonder if when Norvell's mom was giving him lessons about taking off his hat and sunglasses if she also talked to him about not giving out cheap shots?
boognish_bear
boognish_bear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.