If Stanford crawled on its knees, would the Big 12 take them?

3,287 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by historian
Jacques Strap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stanford and Cal just want to get in the Big 12 so they can leave Baylor behind in the next round.
Eagle11Bear
Jayballer said:

Heard yesterday that ESPN wants to make sure that Stanford and Cal have a P-5 Conference to belong to. They have been kicking the can ( ESPN ) talking with Yormork and mentioning or trying to get the Big 1 to extend offers to Stanford & Cal if they haven't heard anything , no invite from the ACC.

Read an article that came out to day that said Stanford and Cal had been talking a bit with the Big 12 ,word is they are hoping to hear a determination from the ACC either by Monday or Tuesday , and IF they don't make it with the ACC , or if they hadn't heard anything by the middle of the week, they would then turn further attention to the Big 12.

BY had said we were done with expansion, that we were happy with the number we had. Stanford and Cal bring NOTHING brand wise for the Big 12, they are average football and they suck at Basketball. - the rest is non revenue sports, - -they would however get a full share as ESPN has had the clause about the possibility of paying for additional P-5 schools.

Here is the real kicker though , the article said that IF Stanford and Cal did happen to lane here in the Big 12 that Washington State & Oregon State would be coming with them, I mean Dang if that happens then basically we just merged with the PAC - -which was said would NEVER HAPPEN

Not to worried YET as I think they will get this ACC thing done or at least I hope they do - but we just have to see

Why does anyone care about Cal? They don't seem to care too much themselves based on supprt/ lack there of.

historian
Maybe they are viewed as a package deal?

I don't see either one as being particularly valuable, certainly not enough to offset the downsides.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.