Take cars away from Georgia

2,300 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ZachTay
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
They need to take the bus

Georgia football staff member Jarvis Jones arrested for reckless driving

boognish_bear
BearlyBeloved
Since drunk and reckless driving are not violations of Title IX, the media is required to overlook these things.
BearFan33
NIL = fast cars
HarryMehre
The most amazing thing to me on the latest reckless driving charge was that Bo Hughley was driving a 7 year old Chrysler.

Or maybe that he was doing 42 in a 25 MPH zone. Ticket? Probably. Arrest? Total joke.
bear2be2
boognish_bear said:

This is insane, and it should be an ongoing national story.

That it's not shines a bright light on the hypocrisy of college football media.
Killing Floor
Atlanta is my hometown and except for schoolin and foolin I spent 30 years there.

Just that I agree with your title. Nobody in Georgia needs to drive a heavy automobile. It's more crazy than Dallas or Houston on 285.
Bear8084
boognish_bear
Georgia feels like Urban Meyer's Florida teams
boognish_bear
BearFan33
So some time ago, there was an expose' done regarding this subject by the Atlanta paper. I thought it had the potential to be what the Texas Monthly thing did to BU with the rape scandal. Although the vast majority of the expose' was correct, it wasn't 100% factual and they ran the reporter out of town. And the beat continues in Athens. No one else dared to look into it any further.
HarryMehre
BearFan33 said:

So some time ago, there was an expose' done regarding this subject by the Atlanta paper. I thought it had the potential to be what the Texas Monthly thing did to BU with the rape scandal. Although the vast majority of the expose' was correct, it wasn't 100% factual and they ran the reporter out of town. And the beat continues in Athens. No one else dared to look into it any further.
About 50% of the "expose" was factually true. The "expose" was done last summer. The University gave the Atlanta paper one week before they filed suit to issue an apologize and retract the story.

The Atlanta paper admitted their mistakes, fired the reporter and issued a mild apology for bad editing work and lack of supervision on the reporter.

The Atlanta paper dares to still report on the bad driving decisions that some of the Georgia player's make.

The Atlanta paper covers the Georgia football team heavier than any other college football team with the possible exception of Ohio State. They love it when Georgia wins and they love it when any of the players get arrested. Lots of interest in Georgia football in the state.
boognish_bear
Bear8084
Cleverusername99
I know everyone is kinda sick of the person over player thing with the lack of winning, but georgia has had roughly 30 arrests this offseason i can appreciate the value of our players handling their business off the field
ZachTay
Cleverusername99 said:

I know everyone is kinda sick of the person over player thing with the lack of winning, but georgia has had roughly 30 arrests this offseason i can appreciate the value of our players handling their business off the field
No one appreciates a 3-9 football season. No one.

Quit being ridiculous.....
Cleverusername99
Ill give you a chance to practice your reading. Let me know when i said i appreciate a 3-9 season lol
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Yep and Unlike the state schools, ain't no way Baylor would get a pass for having 30. Or anything remotely close to that. We have to be close to to spotless.
ZachTay
Cleverusername99 said:

Ill give you a chance to practice your reading. Let me know when i said i appreciate a 3-9 season lol
For using the word "clever" in your screen moniker, you aren't very. Sorry you can't tie it together.

Sic'em
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.