Football
Sponsored by

Realistic Coaching hires

4,456 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Mitch Blood Green
Bearsalwayswin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who we bringing in
Bear75605
Aranda!!
IowaBear
Nick Saban! 10 year 300 million contract
BigGameBaylorBear
This is going to be one of the harder jobs to take on, it will most likely take a couple years to fix this program.

I like JMU, Txst, Liberty, UTSA, or either of the pac2 coaches
PartyBear
BigGameBaylorBear said:

This is going to be one of the harder jobs to take on, it will most likely take a couple years to fix this program.

I like JMU, Txst, Liberty, UTSA, or either of the pac2 coaches

Again if a HC is not allowed to sign who he needs and wants and doesn't have NIL either, you need to add at least a decade to your couple of years comment.. Further your realistic candidates aren't going to be the folks y'all list in that scenario.
CTbruin
Just hire a successful head coach familiar with Texas
Bearwhiz
Find a sun belt coach
74Bear
Jeff Traylor or Willie Fritz
BigGameBaylorBear
Our NIL is better than you think, At least going into next year. Dave doesn't manage it well though, he gives the same amount to every player, I would much rather give it to our ballers and highly rated recruits (if we get any).

With that being said, we don't need crazy NIL to compete in this league, look at Kstate and Kansas

I think a good coach with decent transfers can get the ball rolling to 8-10 wins in a few years, but like you said it depends if Mack gives the guy the freedom to do what he wants
PartyBear
BigGameBaylorBear said:

Our NIL is better than you think, At least going into next year. Dave doesn't manage it well though, he gives the same amount to every player, I would much rather give it to our ballers and highly rated recruits (if we get any).

With that being said, we don't need crazy NIL to compete in this league, look at Kstate and Kansas

I think a good coach with decent transfers can get the ball rolling to 8-10 wins in a few years, but like you said it depends if Mack gives the guy the freedom to do what he wants

It appears Mack doesn't have the freedom to give the Football HC the freedom to sign who he wants and needs. Rhoades was the one who brought it up and expressed disapproval of that. This indicates the AD is powerless to help his or her football coach here. We aren't going to attract much to be HC here in that environment. Just warning. The coaching community may view Aranda as a victim of idiots here to avoid.. Like they did Reedy in the mid 90s.
Bearwhiz
PartyBear said:

BigGameBaylorBear said:

It appears Mack doesn't have the freedom to give the Football HC the freedom to sign who he wants and needs. Rhoades was the one who brought it up and expressed disapproval of that. This indicates the AD is powerless to help his or her football coach here. We aren't going to attract much to be HC here in that environment. Just warning.
where is this narrative coming from?
Mitch Blood Green
Bearsalwayswin said:

Who we bringing in

OJ.
PartyBear
Bearwhiz said:

PartyBear said:

BigGameBaylorBear said:

It appears Mack doesn't have the freedom to give the Football HC the freedom to sign who he wants and needs. Rhoades was the one who brought it up and expressed disapproval of that. This indicates the AD is powerless to help his or her football coach here. We aren't going to attract much to be HC here in that environment. Just warning.

It can from an interview of Rhoades a week or so ago.
Bearwhiz
Did he name names? Or is it a cover for terrible recruiting
ZachTay
Bearsalwayswin said:

Who we bringing in
Nick Rolovich

Look it up......
Daveisabovereproach
Just about any name that anybody throws out in this thread would be better than Dave. I said it a couple weeks ago, but I am in the "anybody but Dave" camp. Honestly, you could just hand the reins to the team chaplain and pay him a tiny fraction of what Dave makes, and it would be a better financial decision. That would allow the administration to keep up the 1950s clean-cut look that they desire while saving a lot of money which is something that Mack would appreciate
bear2be2
74Bear said:

Jeff Traylor or Willie Fritz
Hear, hear!
bear2be2
ZachTay said:

Bearsalwayswin said:

Who we bringing in
Nick Rolovich

Look it up......
Stop it.
Daveisabovereproach
PartyBear said:

Bearwhiz said:

PartyBear said:

BigGameBaylorBear said:

It can from an interview of Rhoades a week or so ago.

Makes total sense. Any time our board of regents starts micromanaging something, it's game over. You could put our board of regents in charge of a brothel with the hottest women imaginable located in a busy shipyard, and it would go out of business within six months. That's the honest truth
boykin_spaniel
They'd shut it down for starters…
Stefano DiMera
Rhett Lashlee SMU
BigGameBaylorBear
He's bought in to the whole ACC thing apparently, he said the Big12 is step down
BUGWBBear
CTbruin said:

Just hire a successful head coach familiar with Texas

You'd basically mean a successful Texas High School coach. No one knows em better than a seasoned person at that level.
Stefano DiMera
Haha .that's him publicly negotiating sir..what person with a brain believes Big 12 is a step down.. especially when those state schools are bouncing soon..

I wouldn't expect him to say ' my dream is to coach in the Big 12 ' while he's still with SMU.
Daveisabovereproach
Stefano DiMera said:

Haha .that's him publicly negotiating sir..what person with a brain believes Big 12 is a step down.. especially when those state schools are bouncing soon..

I wouldn't expect him to say ' my dream is to coach in the Big 12 ' while he's still with SMU.

Reminds me of Matt Rhule saying that Baylor was his dream job but that dreams can change, lol
PartyBear
Lashlee and anyone else who is any good, is going to want control over their program and big NIL. If those aren't guaranteed, the folks y'all list even as realistic opinions aren't even as realistic as y'all think.
jikespingleton
CTbruin said:

familiar with Texas
Why limit ourselves to such a small pool of candidates?
Mothballs
Quevyn Winters of course
Stefano DiMera
Or they'll accept doubling or tripling their current salary so that even if they fail they're set for life.

Everyone has a price.
Art_E_Guinn
ZachTay said:

Bearsalwayswin said:

Who we bringing in
Nick Rolovich

Look it up......
Rolovich didn't exactly kill it up at WSU. If Aranda does stay, Rolo could be a candidate for OC (assuming 10 other people in front of him say no) since the two worked together at Hawaii (OC and DC).

If you're going to fire Aranda, you don't hire an old coach like Fritz and you can cross Traylor off the list. He's not a cultural fit. Some of you idiots think guys like PJ Fleck or someone from the Briles tree has a chance of getting the job and it will never happen. Just stop.

And we should ban the person who suggested the Sam Houston State coach. They're 2-8. What is wrong with you?

Fact is this: Aranda likely returns unless Baylor can get a can't miss, slam dunk hire. And there are few of those guys available. Jamey Chadwell is the most obvious, but he's making nearly $4m a year and has a decent path to the CFP with minimal pressure.

It definitely does not need to be someone with Texas ties.
Art_E_Guinn
No Quarterback said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Reminds me of Matt Rhule saying that Baylor was his dream job but that dreams can change, lol
Dreams change when the NFL comes calling. How dense can you be?
Art_E_Guinn
Stefano DiMera said:

Rhett Lashlee SMU
Easy ACC competition and a top 5 NIL collective NATIONALLY.

This dude only has 1.5 years of HC experience. He was a disaster at UConn. It doesn't make sense for him or for Baylor. You want a potential Chad Morris?
Daveisabovereproach
Art_E_Guinn said:

No Quarterback said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Except Matt was vocal about his NFL aspirations from day one
Reverend
The last time I checked our two greatest coaches in history had strong Texas ties. And what's wrong with Traylor's culture?
BUGWBBear
Art_E_Guinn said:

No Quarterback said:

Stefano DiMera said:

You forget he called on those teams until someone was willing to hear his pitch. He did but parlayed it to a contract extension. He then calls and gets calls until he gets his chance to fail horribly in the NFL
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.