Football
Sponsored by

Realistic Coaching hires

4,487 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Mitch Blood Green
muddybrazos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GJ kinne, UNLV Coach, Traylor, Chadwell, Colorado OC, Troy coach, S Bama coach
soren
I keep seeing GJ Kinne and wonder what qualifies him?
muddybrazos
soren said:

I keep seeing GJ Kinne and wonder what qualifies him?
he beat our ass in his first game at TX state. Took Tx state from worst to among the best in Sunbelt. Took Incarnate Word to the fcs champ game. Has Baylor and E Texas ties.
soren
Is that enough to win the big 12?
muddybrazos
soren said:

Is that enough to win the big 12?
It's a good start. I've seen enough to know that GJ KInne is a good coach. We had fans on this board that didnt want Briles bc he was just a glorified HS coach. Same with Joey.
soren
Good point, should have kept Briles and hired Joey after Rhule left.
soren
I'm starting to believe the Texas ties matter, good point.
Stefano DiMera
Weird take. One season at UConn as OC .they were a bad team .but still averaged about 23-24 ppg

What about all his other stops and experiences?

And more like 2 years experience as HC. There's only 2 games left. Rhule was only a head coach for 3 years when he got the job here.
boognish_bear
He's 62 and has had on going health concerns....and is a great friend of Gary Patterson....but he's winning at NMS...let's ride!

Titus and Titus
ZachTay said:

Bearsalwayswin said:

Who we bringing in
Nick Rolovich

Look it up......

I'd take Coach Rolovich in a heart beat. Good offense and a good Christian who stands by his values.
Stefano DiMera
He certainly motivated TCU to crush our CFB hopes 2 years ago as head coach.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
No Quarterback said:

Just about any name that anybody throws out in this thread would be better than Dave. I said it a couple weeks ago, but I am in the "anybody but Dave" camp. Honestly, you could just hand the reins to the team chaplain and pay him a tiny fraction of what Dave makes, and it would be a better financial decision. That would allow the administration to keep up the 1950s clean-cut look that they desire while saving a lot of money which is something that Mack would appreciate

Yep, CDAs biggest problem isnt the administration or NIL. It's just that he's not a good headcoach. If we're so cash strapped (which sounds a bit overstated I'm sure) then hire a cheap uptempo spread friendly HS (or low tier college) headcoach with upside as interim and add performance incentives. Would be better for fans and bottom line.
PartyBear
I'm convinced we have trolls here advocating that we go back into a prolonged dark ages.
BaylorLit 01
Please someone who's been a HC before. A big 12 HC shouldn't be learning on the job.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
PartyBear said:

I'm convinced we have trolls here advocating that we go back into a prolonged dark ages.

Nobody is advocating that,other than people wanting to keep CDA. And you're the only one regularly making excuses for CDA but even I don't believe you are doing it maliciously. The rest of us believe that CDA is a terrible headcoach and will keep us at the bottom of the big 12 for as long as he's here.
PartyBear
No I just see our problems being higher than HC. Once you realize it and it will be really quickly, it will also be too late.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
PartyBear said:

No I just see our problems being higher than HC. Once you realize it and it will be really quickly, it will also be too late.

Everyone realizes it. Doesn't change that CDA needs to go.
JTM
Can we throw a ton of money at Kirby Smart or Dabo? Money talks…
boognish_bear
JTM said:

Can we throw a ton of money at Kirby Smart or Dabo? Money talks…

Not after we break the bank buying out Aranda.

We will be shopping on the value aisle.
PartyBear
We are going to be stuck with that anyway if we don't guarantee big time NIL and freedom of the HC to sign who he needs and wants.
BUBBFAN
I'm not sure there are any realistic coaching candidates for Baylor right now.
Daveisabovereproach
PartyBear said:

No one on this message board has the power to change anything. Mack doesn't care about emails or any donation less than six figures
jsstewar
At least Jimbo would improve our talent level. On second thought, bring in GJ Kinne. He can hit the portal hard for a respectable team.
Mitch Blood Green
Jerry Sandusky. With a great OC that starts fast, this can be extremely rewarding. I've heard he doesn't blow leads over 13.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.