Football
Sponsored by

Drake Dabney to TCU

3,607 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by SIC EM 94
ZachTay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's about the money. Don't overthink it.

It's always going to be about the money now.......
baylorfan1995
NIL free market portal is trash. Baylor and schools like it needs to develop a roster, we cant now. Scott Drew and Briles built their teams by developing hard working players and it took time, now you cant even keep 3 stars happy. Something has to change or its over. Bet the blue bloods regret this can of worms they opened.
Dia del DougO
I guess it's one way to make sure you don't lose to TCU again.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Dia del DougO
ZachTay said:

It's about the money. Don't overthink it.

It's always going to be about the money now.......
It's possible TCU was offering more than anyone else due to their hatred of Baylor, and wanting that extra stab. OK, then y'all go with that. I hope Baylor can break that losing streak.

From the chart I saw about NIL money TE's were around the lowest paid, so it probably wasn't all that yuuuge to buy him out if it was about money. Probably just not that many programs shopping for TE.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Aberzombie1892
baylorfan1995 said:

NIL free market portal is trash. Baylor and schools like it needs to develop a roster, we cant now. Scott Drew and Briles built their teams by developing hard working players and it took time, now you cant even keep 3 stars happy. Something has to change or its over. Bet the blue bloods regret this can of worms they opened.

They don't because it allows them to use the rosters of lower profile programs as player development farms, and that ability is more valuable than any minor downsides.
Rg6
baylorfan1995 said:

Blue bloods love the NIL/portal system. It further separates the haves and have nots. They can steal/buy the good players from the second tier teams (like Baylor) or even from other blue bloods. And get rid of former 5 and 4 star players who didn't pan out and are just dead weight. Teams like Baylor should be picking up those castoffs (and our peer programs are), but nobody wants to play for Aranda.

Syracuse just picked up Kyle McCord. I guess they're more attractive than Baylor right now.
SIC EM 94
It pains me to say this but there aren't very many teams that are less "attractive" than Baylor right now.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.