Football
Sponsored by

Coaching Staff

2,975 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by johnnychimpo
TeamPlayer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I find it embarrassing that our Football website hasn't been updated to reflect the new coaching staff.

https://baylorbears.com/sports/football/roster#roster-staff

We still show Grimes and Bell. I don't know who else is gone and who we've added. It's nearly March 1, does Dave still have classified ads running??

I don't see how this season does anything other than give Rhoades a long runway to hire a new head coach. This is going to be really bad.
Stefano DiMera
Probably still on payroll..most assistants contracts begin and end on June 1st.
sicem2471
TeamPlayer said:

I find it embarrassing that our Football website hasn't been updated to reflect the new coaching staff.

We still show Grimes and Bell. I don't know who else is gone and who we've added. It's nearly March 1, does Dave still have classified ads running??

I don't see how this season does anything other than give Rhoades a long runway to hire a new head coach. This is going to be really bad.
Bro the link your using is for the 2023 season, they don't update the 2023 coaching roster
drahthaar
sicem2471 said:

TeamPlayer said:

Bro the link your using is for the 2023 season, they don't update the 2023 coaching roster
I suspect that is his point.
sicem2471
drahthaar said:

sicem2471 said:

TeamPlayer said:

Explain why we would update the 2023 roster when the new coaches are for the 2024 season
TeamPlayer
drahthaar said:

sicem2471 said:

TeamPlayer said:

Exactly. The point is, we can't even post our 2024 season roster and coaching staff because we have no idea who the hell will be on it.

Other teams have their 2024 roster and coaching staff online. Texas State does. It's just so bush league - it's Kevin Steele level ineptness. Let's put Lonnie Hansen, Dale Steele, Paul Jette, and the guy who pissed on the bar at Scruffy's as placeholders on the website until August.
parch
TeamPlayer said:

drahthaar said:

sicem2471 said:

TeamPlayer said:

Exactly. The point is, we can't even post our 2024 season roster and coaching staff because we have no idea who the hell will be on it.

Other teams have their 2024 roster and coaching staff online. Texas State does. It's just so bush league - it's Kevin Steele level ineptness. Let's put Lonnie Hansen, Dale Steele, Paul Jette, and the guy who pissed on the bar at Scruffy's as placeholders on the website until August.
This is the biggest, dumbest excuse I've ever seen to rag on Baylor football over absolutely nothing. Absolutely nobody cares who's listed on websites in February.

Texas doesn't have their 2024 roster online yet. Neither does Michigan. That's half the CFP field last year. Legitimately the dumbest whining I have ever seen on this site, and that's saying a hell of a lot.
TeamPlayer
parch said:

TeamPlayer said:

drahthaar said:

sicem2471 said:

TeamPlayer said:

This is the biggest, dumbest excuse I've ever seen to rag on Baylor football over absolutely nothing. Absolutely nobody cares who's listed on websites in February.

Texas doesn't have their 2024 roster online yet. Neither does Michigan. That's half the CFP field last year. Legitimately the dumbest whining I have ever seen on this site, and that's saying a hell of a lot.

When your program is doing nothing right it matters. Especially if you keep guys you fired on your website.

Michigan and Texas just finished their season 6 weeks ago. We finished ours 3 months ago. Michigan had a coaching change. Both signed top 10 classes. When you have that type of success your brand outweighs website updates. When you lose nearly every game, stuff like this piles on top.
PartyBear
Doing nothing right? This is actually the the best off season since 2016 prior to the Memorial Day Weekend Massacre.

Also who else believes Dave Aranda runs Baylor University's website?
drahthaar
sicem2471 said:

drahthaar said:

sicem2471 said:

TeamPlayer said:

Explain why we would update the 2023 roster when the new coaches are for the 2024 season
Not speaking for BU, but I wouldn't "update" a '23 list of coaches. That list is what it is or was. That's the point: list the '24 staff when completed, but not until then. Kapilovic makes that case. as mentioned above, this is a low-level excuse to hammer the program.
sicem2471
TeamPlayer said:

parch said:

TeamPlayer said:

drahthaar said:

sicem2471 said:

TeamPlayer said:

When your program is doing nothing right it matters. Especially if you keep guys you fired on your website.

Michigan and Texas just finished their season 6 weeks ago. We finished ours 3 months ago. Michigan had a coaching change. Both signed top 10 classes. When you have that type of success your brand outweighs website updates. When you lose nearly every game, stuff like this piles on top.
You are actually stupid
tallman1
Have they done what you are asking in the past? Check previous years. Also, they need to finalize the paperwork on the coaches before the school even officially announces the hire. Just because the news comes out doesn't mean it's finalized.
montypython
TeamPlayer said:

I find the play on the field embarrassing..
TeamPlayer
montypython said:

TeamPlayer said:

I find the play on the field embarrassing..
Embarrassing. Alarming. Atrocious. Yep, take your pick of whichever dramatic adjective you choose.
Old Guy
That too. But what I wanted to say about Aranda still being around. Is that the reason he is still here is that the administration will not allow any incidents like occurred with Bliss and Briles ever happen again. What would it take to dismiss FB coach 0-12? How long a generation?
TeamPlayer
Nothing like assembling your coaching staff right before spring practice. At least the coaching staff roster has been updated.
oorahpa
What is embarrassing is the on field production, recruiting and player development. We have built lovely buildings. The campus is A++. ESPN sucks. Nobody watches us.
oorahpa
What is embarrassing is the on field production, recruiting and player development. We have built lovely buildings. The campus is A++. ESPN sucks. Nobody watches Espn+ which for the past 2 seasons is a plus
oorahpa
The reason he is still here is because he is their hire. To fire him.would reflect a mistake on them which they want to avoid. So they have opened the bank to hire and recruit as much help as possible to try and get Aranda going.
oorahpa
No comparison between Bliss and Briles. Bliss was criminal Briles just got thrown under the bus by the BOR (see court testimony). The BOR wrote a great plan they never initiated or funded. They decided to blame their lack of action on Briles. 3 BOR guys admitted this in sworn testimony in the Waco courtroom. Very sad day for Baylor leadership.
oorahpa
What is embarrassing is the on field production, recruiting and player development. We have built lovely buildings. The campus is A++. ESPN sucks. Nobody watches Espn+ which for the past 2 seasons is a plus
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
oorahpa said:

The reason he is still here is because he is their hire. To fire him.would reflect a mistake on them which they want to avoid. So they have opened the bank to hire and recruit as much help as possible to try and get Aranda going.

Maybe they were saving the $ for CSD, since he's all we have left.
johnnychimpo
Honestly what's the worst that could go wrong bringing in Jake Spavital? He pioneered the offense that scored 7 points on 6-7 Baylor just recently.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.