Football
Sponsored by

It's Disgusting that People Get Satisfaction Out of Our Situation.

6,545 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by historian
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How perverse is it to be pleased with the misfortune of others than to just be displeased with another person's good fortune?

The major reason for being pleased with the misfortune of another University or football program is that our misfortune may somehow benefit them; for one it means they will beat us...but the major aspect is that it emphasizes their superiority.

We've all experienced the media's enjoyment, the 30k replies on threads dedicated to getting off to our demise, fans being called rapists etc. Even lawsuits insinuating that women at Baylor were willing to ***** themselves out for football with absolutley no proof at all. Yes, people are calling innocent women at Baylor wh0res...because "muh Baylor deserves it".

It's disgusting.

It is another threat to this University, students and alumni.

...and it's times like this where we really need someone to be a backbone and defend us. That's really the missing piece of the puzzle at Baylor. No one is here to defend us.

It has nothign to do with winning and everything to do with a reputation we're trying to rebuild.

The argument is that we deserve this...um no. 99% of the people associated with Baylor don't deserve ANY of this, we didn't contribute to this.

But where does this hate directed at us come from?

Low self-esteem.

When you have low self-esteem, you will do almost anything to feel better, and when you're confronted with the misfortune of others, you feel schadenfreude.

So the next time you're feeling down as a Baylor fan, or people are insinuating that you should feel ashamed...don't.

...remember that it has more to do with their own issues than ours.

Sorry for the rant, just trying to help you guys feel better! We will get their someday, you just got to have some patience and understand why things are directed at us.
ArlingtonFarm Fingercuffs
It has always been obvious that nobody would have cared about Baylor's title IX problems if there were no football players involved. The hypocrisy and self-righteousness from rival schools and media forces should surprise nobody.

When Nick Saban sternly says "we'll handle this internally", he stops talking about the issue and moves on. He's hated by many, but his own school doesn't give a rip. When Jimbo Fisher, Bob Stoops, etc have made grievous mistakes, their administrations handled everything outside of the media.

Baylor thought that copious bloodletting and appealing for mercy would work. It does not.
JumboShrimper
There's even alums saying we get what we deserve and I know some wouldn't shed a tear if there wasn't a football program anymore.
Doc Holliday
Internet tough guy said:

Baylor thought that copious bloodletting and appealing for mercy would work. It does not.
Agreed. It just made things worse.

That's why I think we really need a backbone for this University.
Dungeon Athletics
I suspect we won't hear another peep out of the media about our "scandal" now that we're awful at football again.
Fozzie
I was told Saban had a football staff of around 75. 42 on the official payroll and another 30+ grad assistants making a little bit. A few of those grad assistants are responsible for one thing and one thing only. Hang out at the bars and intercept risky situations.

If a player is about to get in a fight, there is a GA there to intervene. If some players are drunk off their ass and about to take home a drunk girl or girls, there is a GA there to intervene.

I read that book "The System" on the dirty business of college football which had a lot more dirt than the Baylor situation. Part of the book talked about how a couple of Alabama players would hang out around ATMs and see a drunk student heading to the ATM and then they would beat the crap out of him and steal his money. Didn't seem to get much press except that book but I was told Saban implemented his own "system" after that book to have tons of little fixers around town. And I don't blame him for it.
bearnaked
Why do you care what other people take joy in? Baylor made some significant mistakes, and all are trying to rectify the situation and move forward. Let people dance on our figurative grave without getting so rustled. Some of you have the thinnest skin imaginable.

Let's win a few games, start showing folks that we're serious about making sure the issues that were present a few years ago are never again a part of our athletic department and enjoy the comeback story.
Fozzie
Dungeon Athletics said:

I suspect we won't hear another peep out of the media about our "scandal" now that we're awful at football again.
no truer words have ever been spoken. That and Violated has been a colossal financial failure despite having the full faith and support of the World Wide Leader in sports backing the marketing efforts of the book. Once the Brenda Tracys, Paula Lavignes, Mark Schlabauch and Dennis Dodds of the world figure out they can't monetize calling people rape enablers any longer, it will die down.

We can go 2-10 this year as long as those 2 wins are against TCU and Texas. Please Lord, one time!
Fozzie said:

I was told Saban had a football staff of around 75. 42 on the official payroll and another 30+ grad assistants making a little bit. A few of those grad assistants are responsible for one thing and one thing only. Hang out at the bars and intercept risky situations.

If a player is about to get in a fight, there is a GA there to intervene. If some players are drunk off their ass and about to take home a drunk girl or girls, there is a GA there to intervene.

I read that book "The System" on the dirty business of college football which had a lot more dirt than the Baylor situation. Part of the book talked about how a couple of Alabama players would hang out around ATMs and see a drunk student heading to the ATM and then they would beat the crap out of him and steal his money. Didn't seem to get much press except that book but I was told Saban implemented his own "system" after that book to have tons of little fixers around town. And I don't blame him for it.
Sadly, this is where Briles failed the most. Basic risk management -- which would have likely had no detrimental effect on the field -- would have saved him
BealBear
The Horn guys here in Austin were all over us this morning. Saying back to being Baylor, the only reason we won is because we were cheating. All the same **** we used to here back in the Steele days. Just hope we can turn it around again.
BUGWBBear
BEAR RAMMAGE said:

How perverse is it to be pleased with the misfortune of others than to just be displeased with another person's good fortune?

The major reason for being pleased with the misfortune of another University or football program is that our misfortune may somehow benefit them; for one it means they will beat us...but the major aspect is that it emphasizes their superiority.

We've all experienced the media's enjoyment, the 30k replies on threads dedicated to getting off to our demise, fans being called rapists etc. Even lawsuits insinuating that women at Baylor were willing to ***** themselves out for football with absolutley no proof at all. Yes, people are calling innocent women at Baylor wh0res...because "muh Baylor deserves it".

It's disgusting.

It is another threat to this University, students and alumni.

...and it's times like this where we really need someone to be a backbone and defend us. That's really the missing piece of the puzzle at Baylor. No one is here to defend us.

It has nothign to do with winning and everything to do with a reputation we're trying to rebuild.

The argument is that we deserve this...um no. 99% of the people associated with Baylor don't deserve ANY of this, we didn't contribute to this.

But where does this hate directed at us come from?

Low self-esteem.

When you have low self-esteem, you will do almost anything to feel better, and when you're confronted with the misfortune of others, you feel schadenfreude.

So the next time you're feeling down as a Baylor fan, or people are insinuating that you should feel ashamed...don't.

...remember that it has more to do with their own issues than ours.

Sorry for the rant, just trying to help you guys feel better! We will get their someday, you just got to have some patience and understand why things are directed at us.

Blue hair sunshine pumpers are useless
RegentCoverup

Look people in the eye. Tell them the facts and how it was resolved.

And if they want to talk s---, just tell them to shut the f up.

People need to quit getting their feeling hurt and embrace conflict.

RegentCoverup

Ghostrider
Positive Bear said:

There's even alums saying we get what we deserve and I know some wouldn't shed a tear if there wasn't a football program anymore.
snowflakes that are still in school and have never experienced Steele and believe everything BT says
Very Beary
Why would anyone care about Baylor's misfurtune? We are probably the most irrelevant school in history from the standpoint of our performance on the field since Briles was fired...
Sic'On
Not sure why you find this surprising after all the negative press Baylor received. Did you expect tea & smypathy?

It's more appealing to me to read all of the doom-and-gloom from alleged Baylor fans. I understand the anger but many here sound like old women trying to one-up each other in their misery.

Sic'On
Very Beary
We will forever more be the butt of jokes. Instead of Aggie jokes, people are telling Baylor jokes. And it hurts...
Sic'On said:

Not sure why you find this surprising after all the negative press Baylor received. Did you expect tea & smypathy?

BOR says yes, but the rest of us could see the disaster they were bringing from a mile away.
DS Bear
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

See Nick Saban.

"Yeah, he had a gun and some weed. Normally, we'd sit him down for something like that but, hell, we need him. Next question."
Sic'On
Maybe......just mayyyy-beeee there will be a day when folks will stop blaming this entire chit--show on the BOR and own up to what did and did not happen.

Nah?

Sic'On
boognish_bear
BealBear said:

The Horn guys here in Austin were all over us this morning. Saying back to being Baylor, the only reason we won is because we were cheating. All the same **** we used to here back in the Steele days. Just hope we can turn it around again.

Exactly what our "misdeeds" are still far from clear...but none of it involved cheating that would have given us an advantage on the football field. Dumb horns.
PartyBear
Sic'On said:

It's more appealing to me to read all of the doom-and-gloom from alleged Baylor fans. I understand the anger but many here sound like old women trying to one-up each other in their misery.

Sic'On
I didnt expect sympathy. But come on. Sic On you know as well as I do, that USC would have fired Pete Carroll's immediatel successor whether it was Matt Rhule or Kiffin, if he went 0-12 that season and being on probation would not have been an excuse to you or any other Trojan. . USC is just not going to tolerate an 0-12. I dont think Baylor should either and we arent on probation like USC was except we had idiotic drama queens running the place do more than the equivalent of probation to its own program just so they can feel pious.

Now to the Baylor people get over what other people are saying you know damn well yall would be ecstatic to see Texas or A&M in this situation. In fact y'all were real excited when A&M collapsed to UCLA that first game. I was too upset about Liberty to find A&M's misfortune enjoyable.
Ghostrider
Sic'On said:

Maybe......just mayyyy-beeee there will be a day when folks will stop blaming this entire chit--show on the BOR and own up to what did and did not happen.

Nah?

Sic'On
When will we ever know what really happened?
Surf Oso
BealBear said:

don't listen to those *******s. Turn the channel.
Lately, newspaper mentioned cheap airfare
I've got to fly to Saint Somewhere
I'm close to bodily harm
BillDauterive

It amazes me how much Baylor people care about what other schools and the media think of them.
Sic'On
Let's revisit this topic when/if Baylor actually goes 0 - 12 because as of today you're 0 - 2. Granted, it's a BAD 0 - 2, but 0 - 2 nonetheless.

Does Baylor have money to burn to buy out coaches they don't like after two fricken games? Do you have UT type money? Of the answer is YES then lower my daughters tuition first, dammit.

Sic'On
BaylorProud77
PartyBear said:

Sic'On said:

Sic'On
I didnt expect sympathy. But come on. Sic On you know as well as I do, that USC would have fired Pete Carroll's immediatel successor whether it was Matt Rhule or Kiffin, if he went 0-12 that season and being on probation would not have been an excuse to you or any other Trojan. . USC is just not going to tolerate an 0-12. I dont think Baylor should either and we arent on probation like USC was except we had idiotic drama queens running the place do more than the equivalent of probation to its own program just so they can feel pious.

Now to the Baylor people get over what other people are saying you know damn well yall would be ecstatic to see Texas or A&M in this situation. In fact y'all were real excited when A&M collapsed to UCLA that first game. I was too upset about Liberty to find A&M's misfortune enjoyable.
it helped ease my pain
Willie
bearnaked said:

Why do you care what other people take joy in? Baylor made some significant mistakes, and all are trying to rectify the situation and move forward. Let people dance on our figurative grave without getting so rustled. Some of you have the thinnest skin imaginable.

Let's win a few games, start showing folks that we're serious about making sure the issues that were present a few years ago are never again a part of our athletic department and enjoy the comeback story.
Great post.

ABC BEAR
Internet tough guy said:

Fozzie said:

Sadly, this is where Briles failed the most. Basic risk management -- which would have likely had no detrimental effect on the field -- would have saved him
True dat, ITG.
RegentCoverup
Internet tough guy said:

Fozzie said:

Without a doubt.

We paid people well who were tasked with the same. We aren't talking about a huge task here.
ColomboLQ
Sic'On said:

Let's revisit this topic when/if Baylor actually goes 0 - 12 because as of today you're 0 - 2. Granted, it's a BAD 0 - 2, but 0 - 2 nonetheless.

Does Baylor have money to burn to buy out coaches they don't like after two fricken games? Do you have UT type money? Of the answer is YES then lower my daughters tuition first, dammit.

Sic'On
Hypothetically speaking, if I were to put an over/under on games Baylor wins the rest of this season right now at .5, and you had to pick a side, you choose correctly, your daughter gets free tuition at Baylor, you choose incorrectly, she gets expelled from the school, which side are you taking?
Ghostrider
BillDauterive said:

It amazes me how much Baylor people care about what other schools and the media think of them.

I agree. Who cares what your school reputation is? It's not like you need a job or something based on where you went to school.
Mr. Pink
OP, is this real life? You're shocked that people are getting pleasure out of our misfortune? What did you expect? We were running arguably one of the dirtiest programs in CFB, second only to Penn State. People want to see us fail and root against us because of what went on here and what CAB and the entire admin turned a blind eye to. And we were winning. People start to hate you when you're winning, especially your rivals. This shouldn't shock anyone.

And the USC reference...what? We had a once in a generation coach bring us to hights we've never seen. But that lasted what, 6-7 years? So many of our fan base acts like we're this blue blood program and this shouldn't be happening to us. Like we're better than this. A lot of delusional fans on here. That past few years are the exception for this program. 2017 appears to be the norm. We are not a blueblood, we never have been, and a few years and few conference championships doesn't make us one.

I love Baylor University as much as anyone, but we deserve this. Maybe not us as fans but our program deserves this karma. But maybe our fans do too, I don't know. We got so arrogant and pounded our chests at everyone. Karma sucks, that's all I'll say.
Dungeon Athletics
Mr. Pink said:

OP, is this real life? You're shocked that people are getting pleasure out of our misfortune? What did you expect? We were running arguably one of the dirtiest programs in CFB, second only to Penn State. People want to see us fail and root against us because of what went on here and what CAB and the entire admin turned a blind eye to. And we were winning. People start to hate you when you're winning, especially your rivals. This shouldn't shock anyone.

And the USC reference...what? We had a once in a generation coach bring us to hights we've never seen. But that lasted what, 6-7 years? So many of our fan base acts like we're this blue blood program and this shouldn't be happening to us. Like we're better than this. A lot of delusional fans on here. That past few years are the exception for this program. 2017 appears to be the norm. We are not a blueblood, we never have been, and a few years and few conference championships doesn't make us one.

I love Baylor University as much as anyone, but we deserve this. Maybe not us as fans but our program deserves this karma. But maybe our fans do too, I don't know. We got so arrogant and pounded our chests at everyone. Karma sucks, that's all I'll say.
LOL. Not one single person is going to read this and think you're actually a Baylor fan. You can go back to whatever school's fan board you came from and tell them your trolling attempt was a dismal failure. This might actually be the least creative attempt I've seen so far. Zero points.
Mr. Pink
That's fine, you're free to believe what you want and I have no interest in your point awarding. I have two degrees from Baylor, my wife has one. Have had season tickets for 22 years.

I've heard the troll claims before, but it's simply because I chose to see this for what it is and not through green and gold glasses. I'm just calling this whole thing what it is because I chose not to make excuses for the admin and the horrible decisions they made. The mother of one of the young girls involved is one my wife's best friends, so forgive me for looking at this with just a little different perspective than the rest of the fan base.

Message boards are a funny thing...if someone has a different opinion, they're a troll. But again, you're free to believe what you want. I'm not hear to convince you of anything.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.