Football
Sponsored by

Bill Connelly tells it like it is

1,908 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by DocCrowl
montypython
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is the first real article that I've seen on the CFP and revenue disparity and what the expanded CFP is going to be - more trash.

What disturbs me is that anyone in the ACC / Big 12 / G5 would even think of agreeing to the terms that the SEC and B10 are imposing.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39738204/an-expanded-college-football-playoff-save-college-sports-not-greedy-imbalanced-era
Aberzombie1892
montypython said:

This is the first real article that I've seen on the CFP and revenue disparity and what the expanded CFP is going to be - more trash.

What disturbs me is that anyone in the ACC / Big 12 / G5 would even think of agreeing to the terms that the SEC and B10 are imposing.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39738204/an-expanded-college-football-playoff-save-college-sports-not-greedy-imbalanced-era
Yes, the Big 12 will be light years behind the P2 financially on an annual basis starting 2024-2025. This is hashed out a bit here: https://sicem365.com/forums/2/topics/137504.
jikespingleton
montypython said:

I'm surprised espn posted that article on their website.
MT_Bear
montypython said:

Not really any alternative.
Robert Wilson
MT_Bear said:

montypython said:

There is always the terrorist option. B10 and SEC can just play with themselves. Everyone else plays somewhere else. We basically become the old AFL vs the NFL. Split up the market.
jikespingleton
Robert Wilson said:

MT_Bear said:

montypython said:

There is always the terrorist option. B10 and SEC can just play with themselves.
This would have been better. Sometimes you need to break out on your own.
Problem would have been convincing the ACC to go along. I don't think it would have taken much to convince the G5's
Aberzombie1892
Robert Wilson said:

MT_Bear said:

montypython said:

There is always the terrorist option. B10 and SEC can just play with themselves. Everyone else plays somewhere else. We basically become the old AFL vs the NFL. Split up the market.

To be fair, the Big 12 acting in any way that would draw ire from the media partners would be functional suicide as the Big 12 will still need their good graces in 5 years just to survive, and destroying the NCAA tournament or cancelling future games against the P2 (even if it were affordable to do so - which it's not) would undoubtedly do exactly that.
GoodOleBaylorLine
I wish the B10 and SEC would just go form their own football league. All these half measures just muddy the waters, and make it hard for teams and schools to make decisions. At some point you have to just rip off the band aid, and we've been at that point for awhile
DocCrowl
GoodOleBaylorLine said:

I wish the B10 and SEC would just go form their own football league. All these half measures just muddy the waters, and make it hard for teams and schools to make decisions. At some point you have to just rip off the band aid, and we've been at that point for awhile
Pretty sure that's precisely why they're doing it. The longer things sit in limbo with the smaller schools failing seemingly of their own accord, the easier it'll be to make a clean break later on.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.