Football
Sponsored by

Quotes and updates from Spring football

12,553 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by boognish_bear
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thread for dropping any updates from Spring football.

I know in training camps hope always springs eternal....so we will take some of the quotes with a bit of a grain of salt.

boognish_bear
well....crap

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
I'm really excited about this addition

boognish_bear
boognish_bear
ALLBEAR
All of the same hyper every year... sigh
ImABearToo
But larger players it sounds.
Daveisabovereproach
ALLBEAR said:

All of the same hyper every year... sigh

The stuff he is saying about Spavital is exactly what he said about Mateos and Grimes. 'Swagger' and 'good at explaining things'
boognish_bear
Double crap

boognish_bear
DAC
boognish_bear said:

How can you watch this clip and not be pumped up
ImABearToo
The vibe is like "don't play too rough" fellows.
Bobsyouruncle
We've already seen what this defense looks like with a 265 lb NT.

Unless Lolohea is going to play every snap this season (and play at a high level) we are toast.
boognish_bear
ImABearToo said:

The vibe is like "don't play too rough" fellows.

The way guys are dropping left and right on the first day maybe they should display flag football in Spring
BluesBear
Get rid of the Turf and find a new strength and conditioning coach
guadalupeoso
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I'm over the hype from Dave, Grayson, and Company that we have received the last two offfseasons. Just win.
ALLBEAR
guadalupeoso said:

I'm over the hype from Dave, Grayson, and Company that we have received the last two offfseasons. Just win.
yep, running out of things to talk about with this staff
parch
guadalupeoso said:

Sounds like you need to opt out of spring football update threads then. This is boilerplate coachspeak and player progress updates every program in the country spits out every spring every year for every season college football has existed. There's nothing insidious or ingenious about spring football. It's just catnip for people who need any sort of football fix.
boognish_bear
parch said:

guadalupeoso said:

Sounds like you need to opt out of spring football update threads then. This is boilerplate coachspeak and player progress updates every program in the country spits out every spring every year for every season college football has existed. There's nothing insidious or ingenious about spring football. It's just catnip for people who need any sort of football fix.

Yep...agree.

I totally get everyone's skepticism because I have it also. All of this Coach talk in the spring is kind of meaningless if we don't start winning games in the Fall.

But… in the meantime what do people expect to hear coaches saying right now?

Should Aranda say…
"I'm really worried about this team. I think we may have a repeat of last year."

Of course not… he's going to have on the green and gold tinted glasses like any other coach in Spring ball would.

WA Jim
Just wondering who the heck is going to play DT? Should we go with the 4 safeties look and bring em all down low? DL seems like a mess to me.
boognish_bear
WA Jim said:

Just wondering who the heck is going to play DT? Should we go with the 4 safeties look and bring em all down low? DL seems like a mess to me.

I saw a quote somewhere that said they would try and address it when the portal opens back up at the end of the spring. Not sure what kind of quality will be out there at that point. Obviously worth taking a look though.
guadalupeoso
parch said:

guadalupeoso said:

You are probably right. Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. I'll own it, probably no need for me to comment on this one. However, I guess my thought is that I am glad to have updates on spring practice, player's development. But saying things like, "this offense is going to be scary if it gets going" just kind of drives me nuts because that's just stating the obvious. if it works it will be good, if it doesn't it will be bad. Some of the prognostication about how good certain units will be or how "effective" some of the coaches could be, just gets old when its been the same thing coming off of back to back disappointment seasons. At this point, just give us the facts, talk about players that have stood out in practice/workouts so far, and let the results speak for themselves come September.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Coach might be needing to hit the weight room himself to make sure he can sub in for a few plays next year with the way we are losing DL

boognish_bear
Mr Tulip
OL and DL play is like conducting a ballet in a traffic accident. There's a ton of footwork and hand placement that have to occur properly in order to be successful. No matter how big or strong you are, you're useless if your mass isn't centered over your feet. Your power flows through the ground into your arms. Footwork and hand placement are the difference between being an effective lineman in the play or getting flung to the ground and watching.

Obviously, a football play goes too fast to think about these things. It has to be instinctual. There just isn't enough practice time during the season to train and drill these techniques, so spring and summer (now that position coaches can instruct during summer training) are critical for development. Once the third week of fall camp arrives, it's too late to correct faults.There's only time to teach the plan for the upcoming game at that point.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
Daveisabovereproach
guadalupeoso said:

parch said:

guadalupeoso said:

You are probably right. Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. I'll own it, probably no need for me to comment on this one. However, I guess my thought is that I am glad to have updates on spring practice, player's development. But saying things like, "this offense is going to be scary if it gets going" just kind of drives me nuts because that's just stating the obvious. if it works it will be good, if it doesn't it will be bad. Some of the prognostication about how good certain units will be or how "effective" some of the coaches could be, just gets old when its been the same thing coming off of back to back disappointment seasons. At this point, just give us the facts, talk about players that have stood out in practice/workouts so far, and let the results speak for themselves come September.

You're fine. You are allowed to state your opinion on a free message board. There are a few posters/athletic department employees on here who feel like they need to be the thought police. Just keep doing you.
ImABearToo
Tight end material. Either way he'll be a threat out in space with smaller defensive backs.
boognish_bear
Our defense gave up 130 yards and 2 TDs during Powledge's segment in the video

boognish_bear
FSU has unlocked some cheat code in their strength and conditioning program

Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.