Football
Sponsored by

Do we have new unis ?

7,380 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by Daveisabovereproach
PartyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just saw an ad for football camp on Twitter. It looked like there was some white on the collar of a dark green jersey. The helmet appeared sort of chrome but the lighting was such that I couldn't tell if the helmet was green or gold. The helmet looked really reflecting though. I couldn't tell if there were some embellishments added to the the photo to make things look cool or if the photo accurately depicts the uni this player was wearing.
BigGameBaylorBear
Apparently we are getting an alternate
Wicked_Wombat
I'd hazard a guess that was merely the digital marketing crew toying in Photoshop. All the colors in that add are retouched...
Space Cutter
Since Baylor Football is clearly in free fall, the new uniforms are for the pickleball teams who will be playing in McLane stadium this fall.
BluesBear
Space.......don't give them any ideas...
ImABearToo
Alternating with tractor pulls and monster truck events.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
cowboycwr
Black uniforms????

Oh wait....

never mind
BBWCBear
cowboycwr said:

Black uniforms????

Oh wait....

never mind

You need to be pretty good and have a certain confidence to pull that off. Remember, "Person over Player"… maybe a monogrammed open Bible next to Big 12 logo on front of jersey. Kumbaya bro.
Yogi
Yeah, these are touched up for dramatic effect.

"Smarter than the Average Bear."
ImABearToo
Gotta believe since Mack & Co heard us loud and clear last season on going (back) to a spread up tempo offense (afraid of falling ticket sales), maybe the uniform discussions was also being trolled by his minions and changes will continue me.
boykin_spaniel
New coaches typically get to break in some new unis. Aranda has not. I'd like some new unis. Tired of the mustard bottle look. The all white and all green are alright but after going 3-9 I'd like a clean slate
BBWCBear
boykin_spaniel said:

New coaches typically get to break in some new unis. Aranda has not. I'd like some new unis. Tired of the mustard bottle look. The all white and all green are alright but after going 3-9 I'd like a clean slate
All white uni's with green numbers and green helmet are fine, the all pickle look is ugly, stale, and well, just bad. Hate it.
Bearsalwayswin
please just bring back art era jerseys. we're bringing back a fast offense why not bring back the old jerseys. chrome helmets…..
br53
Why the ones we had last year never got dirty
The battle is not yours, but God's.
2 Chronicles 20:15
canoso
A related question: Is there a new tarp?
PartyBear
Now I noticed the unis look a little different in the Easports video game trailer released today as well.
joseywales
My only wish for our uniforms in all sports is to get rid of all mustard yellow...that is not gold by any definition and is ugly as hell in Amy combo...go back to gold of previous years
GruntTuff
joseywales said:

My only wish for our uniforms in all sports is to get rid of all mustard yellow...that is not gold by any definition and is ugly as hell in Amy combo...go back to gold of previous years
"We'll fling our green and mustard yellow afar, to light the ways of time......."

Pick one basic uniform and stick with it for about, oh, 100 years.

Alabama, Georgia, UT, OU, USC, Penn State and several others look distinguished because they never (or only very slightly) change their uniforms. It makes them look like the product on the field is what matters, not the"outfit".

Tee up: "But recruits love cool unis". I'm sure they do, and I'll admit I really liked the Briles unis, but in the long run, classy and full of tradition, with appropriate updates for the times will be the best pathway.
PartyBear
One of Briles' unis was the classic gold/green/gold. We wore that in fact the night of RGIII's famous nationally televised pass to the end zone against OU that I think actually won him the Heisman.
ImABearToo
Lock it in for the next 100 years. Storm trooper white on the road. One blackout game with chrome helmets per season. Done! Easy peasy!! No further discussion!!!
oorahpa
We need an identity uniform. We had the gold Chrome helmets. We had the bear claw on the shoulders
These were an identity. Since Briles we have looked poorly

Realitybites
Is there a rule that the entire team has to wear the same uniform? Or can offenses and defenses wear different ones? Come up with some sort of field matching camo for the defensive secondary to make them less noticeable to opposing QBs for instance? If that was good for an extra INT every couple of games...
Daveisabovereproach
oorahpa said:

We need an identity uniform. We had the gold Chrome helmets. We had the bear claw on the shoulders
These were an identity. Since Briles we have looked poorly

I have no clue how Mack or whichever representative from Baylor sat in on the meeting with Nike when they discussed the recent rendition of uniforms accepted West Virginia's generic template as our new uniforms. If they are not a direct copy, they are pretty darn close. If we wanted a generic look, there were better options (Like what we wore versus Texas in 2013)
Daveisabovereproach
GruntTuff said:

joseywales said:

"We'll fling our green and mustard yellow afar, to light the ways of time......."

Pick one basic uniform and stick with it for about, oh, 100 years.

Alabama, Georgia, UT, OU, USC, Penn State and several others look distinguished because they never (or only very slightly) change their uniforms. It makes them look like the product on the field is what matters, not the"outfit".

Tee up: "But recruits love cool unis". I'm sure they do, and I'll admit I really liked the Briles unis, but in the long run, classy and full of tradition, with appropriate updates for the times will be the best pathway.

I actually agree with you, but the argument you are going to hear is that Baylor doesn't have half the football history that any of those schools do, so we need some sort of gimmick to market ourselves. I see both sides, but I don't like the idea of drastically changing the uniforms every five years
cowboycwr
Realitybites said:

Is there a rule that the entire team has to wear the same uniform? Or can offenses and defenses wear different ones? Come up with some sort of field matching camo for the defensive secondary to make them less noticeable to opposing QBs for instance? If that was good for an extra INT every couple of games...
Unless there is a rule change that I have missed then yes there is a rule that the team all has to wear the same color jersey. Just as there is a rule that the visiting team does not have to wear white, which is why in some games both teams can actually be wearing colors if they are different enough.

As to the camo type thing this was one of the arguments for a long time about Boise St. That their jerseys blended in with the field too much and opponents complained... even though teams have been wearing shades of green forever and no one ever said anything....
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
ImABearToo
Still pickle but with white numbers.
PartyBear
That is a screen shot from the easports trailer. Perhaps they accidentally ruined Baylor surprise. But as usual when Baylor makes a big deal about a new reveal, it ends up lame. So might as well have low expectations and be shocked if it is uniform related that it isn't worse than or only slightly better than the current ones.
Calrocks94
Hope for new uniform expecting them to announce the new LED lighting plus the new scoreboard
MT_Bear
ImABearToo said:

Still pickle but with white numbers.

And stripes
BigGameBaylorBear
I think folks are going to be disappointed if they are expecting the original colors to come back. Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm just grateful we are finally adding stripes and white numbers
chorne68
I personally like the mustard but will give that I am in the minority. My change is the color green. The Jets have really cool green helmets. The green should not be the dull green, it should be the bright cool green.
MT_Bear
BigGameBaylorBear said:

I think folks are going to be disappointed if they are expecting the original colors to come back. Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm just grateful we are finally adding stripes and white numbers

I think anyone expecting that is intensely delusional
MT_Bear
chorne68 said:

I personally like the mustard but will give that I am in the minority. My change is the color green. The Jets have really cool green helmets. The green should not be the dull green, it should be the bright cool green.

I wonder if it's the fabric. Our green looks great in the shade or at night, but in bright sunlight it looks washed out and almost brownish.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.