Stadium Upgrades?

6,367 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by jikespingleton
T-REX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hodedofome said:

T-REX said:

hodedofome said:

When is a roof getting installed. We'd have folks stay at the game longer if they weren't getting burned by the sun or poured on by rain.
why don't the other 99% of stadiums have this same issue?
I think about the universities in Texas which have good fan turnout. We're just talking about UT, Aggy and Tech. Two schools with a history of decent fan turnout regardless of their record.

Baylor, SMU, TCU, Tx State, UTSA and Houston only have fair weather fans. We have to do what we can to insulate them from the weather, if you will.
or our fans can stop being ****
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
Robert Wilson
T-REX said:

hodedofome said:

T-REX said:

hodedofome said:

When is a roof getting installed. We'd have folks stay at the game longer if they weren't getting burned by the sun or poured on by rain.
I think about the universities in Texas which have good fan turnout. We're just talking about UT, Aggy and Tech. Two schools with a history of decent fan turnout regardless of their record.

Baylor, SMU, TCU, Tx State, UTSA and Houston only have fair weather fans. We have to do what we can to insulate them from the weather, if you will.
Inevitable consequence of high tuition...
T-REX
Robert Wilson said:

T-REX said:

hodedofome said:

T-REX said:

hodedofome said:

cost of tuition impacts people deciding to show up to games how?
Baylor MBA 2023
Yogi
T-REX said:

WacoFan said:

Did the upgrade the lighting for celebrations after a score, etc? Seems to be the trend.
led lighting was not installed but is on the planning floor. About a 2.5m minimum expense to do that.

That will happen eventually. Probably in time for 2025.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
T-REX
Yogi said:

T-REX said:

WacoFan said:

Did the upgrade the lighting for celebrations after a score, etc? Seems to be the trend.
led lighting was not installed but is on the planning floor. About a 2.5m minimum expense to do that.

That will happen eventually. Probably in time for 2025.
what I've been told as well. Will be perfect way to start off our back2back champ season
Baylor MBA 2023
WacoFan
Thanks for all the info. Just glad no one mentioned a *%}%*% gar.
Big guy
Memo to Athletic Department Purchasing Officer:

Our school colors include GOLD, not MUSTARD.
BearBall
BRILES McLane Stadium is still one of the best places to watch a game.
T-REX
Big guy said:

Memo to Athletic Department Purchasing Officer:

Our school colors include GOLD, not MUSTARD.
our school color is literally our current uniform color. It has always been that shade of gold. Sorry u don't like it but we didn't change our school colors in 2019
Baylor MBA 2023
Mitch Blood Green
Stranger said:

should we get more than a two year warranty?

The stuff in the old Baylor Stadium must have been 11 years old when I got there in the 80s.
historian
Most of them are not in Texas playing in 110 weather for September games.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
historian
UTSA plays in the Alamodome, although not on campus.
T-REX
historian said:

We don't play in 110 degree weather either but even if we did, I see zero issues. Fans show up.
Baylor MBA 2023
Daveisabovereproach
T-REX said:

Robert Wilson said:

T-REX said:

hodedofome said:

T-REX said:

hodedofome said:

cost of tuition impacts people deciding to show up to games how?

That's a factor, sure. Baylor is slowly morphing into southern millionaire university, junior. You're just not going to get salt of the earth students that are going to sit in 100 weather to watch a mediocre team when you can do rich kid stuff like driving around with your friends on your parent's yacht, drink at frat parties, or do Sing practice in the AC. It's annoying, but that's how things are. only way to get the stadium filled is for the team to be on a winning streak and be ranked. TBH, everyone wants to talk about the "good old days" in the Teaff or Briles' years, but I'm pretty sure that's always been the paradigm for BU football attendance. I'm not sure where this idea comes from that the stadium has always been packed in good times or bad
historian
We do on occasion. It was hotter gif the 2019 UTSA game. The Iowa State game a couple weeks later was almost as hot and the heat was an issue for them.

Fewer fans show up when it's that hot. One only needs to watch one of those games to see all the empty seats. True, a lot of fans will watch from the concourse with shade. But not 10-20k.
Robert Wilson
T-REX said:

historian said:

We don't play in 110 degree weather either but even if we did, I see zero issues. Fans show up.
That's cute, but someone has to be realistic. You get fewer fans when (a) you suck and (b) it's unpleasant outside. That's true everywhere - not just Baylor. We have less margin for error because of the size of our alumni base, so it shows up quicker.
T-REX
Robert Wilson said:

T-REX said:

historian said:

That's cute, but someone has to be realistic. You get fewer fans when (a) you suck and (b) it's unpleasant outside. That's true everywhere - not just Baylor. We have less margin for error because of the size of our alumni base, so it shows up quicker.
stop being **** fans and show up regardless of weather. I haven't missed a home or away game since mid 2019. Armed forces bowl was negative wind chill and had a tailgate for 5 hours before watching the game until the last whistle then turned around 8 months later and came to the 100 degree season opener. Fans show up. Stop finding a reason to not be there cuz a little sweat or cold ain't it. Fair weather fans in every since of the damn word. Act like we don't live in Texas and it's hot for months b4 kick off. Get outside and get used to it and drink some damn water. I'll be tailgating from 545am to 6pm Aug 31 in the tx heat then will gladly be in my seat for the game. A little sweat ain't going to keep us away.

Show the **** up
Baylor MBA 2023
MrGolfguy
Robert Wilson said:

Facts.
Robert Wilson
T-REX said:

Robert Wilson said:

T-REX said:

historian said:

stop being **** fans and show up regardless of weather. I haven't missed a home or away game since mid 2019. Armed forces bowl was negative wind chill and had a tailgate for 5 hours before watching the game until the last whistle then turned around 8 months later and came to the 100 degree season opener. Fans show up. Stop finding a reason to not be there cuz a little sweat or cold ain't it. Fair weather fans in every since of the damn word. Act like we don't live in Texas and it's hot for months b4 kick off. Get outside and get used to it and drink some damn water. I'll be tailgating from 545am to 6pm Aug 31 in the tx heat then will gladly be in my seat for the game. A little sweat ain't going to keep us away.

Show the **** up
I'm proud of you, Rambo.
ImABearToo
Heat didn't seem as bad 2009-2015. Bad weather makes boring football even worse. I digress.
MrGolfguy
2009 was a miserable season, only 2 highlights (winning at Wake in the season opener & beating Mizzou on the road), the rest of the season was craptastic.
Aliceinbubbleland
Robert Wilson said:

Hopefully it has a better team in it
Oh it will, just not us.
BearFish
The cost of tuition makes the community at large keep Baylor at arms length. If your kids can never afford to go to the school then why support the school? I'm glad I went to Baylor but I hate the way it's turned a place for only the privileged. Baylor's tuition is more than 3.5xs A&M and UT. It doesn't make sense to pay for Baylor at that type of price difference. Unless you can't get into A&M or UT. So most middle class people don't want to "connect"'with Baylor.
historian
Baylor should offer lots of scholarships to students in the Waco area to help the community invest in and identify with the university.
perrynative
Robert Wilson said:

T-REX said:

Robert Wilson said:

T-REX said:

historian said:

Show the **** up
I'm proud of you, Rambo.
He is the MAN fan. Just ask him.
chorne68
BearFish said:

The cost of tuition makes the community at large keep Baylor at arms length. If your kids can never afford to go to the school then why support the school? I'm glad I went to Baylor but I hate the way it's turned a place for only the privileged. Baylor's tuition is more than 3.5xs A&M and UT. It doesn't make sense to pay for Baylor at that type of price difference. Unless you can't get into A&M or UT. So most middle class people don't want to "connect"'with Baylor.
80% of incoming students get support based on need and do not pay full tuition.
historian
Considering how high tuition is, that's the only way some can afford Baylor. I know financial aid is the only reason I could afford it. I graduated almost 40 years ago.
BearFish
State schools are the best ROI for any family. Baylor and Christian schools should be at 2Xs the cost. Any more than that and you lose 1. Upper Middle Class (people choosing loans at Baylor or no loans at state school) 2. Top tier students, when merit scholarships don't bring tuition into competitive balance with state schools… so you end up with kids who can't get out of state tuition waved at OkState or Arkansas… or super privileged kids whose parents don't even consider the cost of tuition. Baylor does give good financial aid to families making less than 100k. But they aren't getting the best students. But to get back the thread, to get community support… you don't take your family to events that supports a school that is unaffordable to you.
cowboycwr
whitetrash said:

T-REX said:

hodedofome said:

Schools not named Syracuse, Idaho or N Dakota St with roofs on their on-campus stadium:

While not all of these are on campus you also have:

UTSA
Tulane
Georgia St
Idaho St
South Dakota
Northern Arizona
Northern Iowa

jikespingleton
Needs to not look like a toilet seat cover from the birds eye view
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.