GoODBye for Now: ODB is done

1,725 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TinFoilHatPreacherBear
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.ourdailybears.com/odb-site-news/2024/6/14/24178531/goodbye-for-now
ZachTay
Baylor administration censorship strikes again
historian
I think it's more likely that they lost their audience. Probably because of too much competition, especially from Sicem365.
BylrFan
adios
Aliceinbubbleland
Who was that who lost his son ? What a tragedy for that family. I cannot fathom.
Kamala Harris: Lina Hidalgo on steroids.
Bearmanly
OurDailyBears is now Oso Media Group
https://x.com/OsoMediaGroup

Same people, different name that's not an SB Nation affiliate.

Not to diminish the work of others that cover Baylor, but the ODB/OMG content is my personal favorite. It's not exclusive, so they're not breaking news or anything. But they are a bunch of Baylor fans who do it for fun - so their content is more fun too. Their podcast is fantastic.
historian
Thanks for the info. I'm glD: I like the podcasts too.
Dia del DougO
Probably good for Sic'Em, but I do believe that some level of competition is essential to keep up a great product.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Dia del DougO
Bearmanly said:

OurDailyBears is now Oso Media Group
https://x.com/OsoMediaGroup

Same people, different name that's not an SB Nation affiliate.

Not to diminish the work of others that cover Baylor, but the ODB/OMG content is my personal favorite. It's not exclusive, so they're not breaking news or anything. But they are a bunch of Baylor fans who do it for fun - so their content is more fun too. Their podcast is fantastic.
And like 365, it looks like their bear mascot logo is far better than BU's current official one, or any they have used in a good while.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Bearmanly
I could certainly be wrong, but I don't think it has anything to do with competition, at least not directly. Their platform just stopped providing support to their site. Most of their engagement is on Twitter/X and Discord anyway. They have almost 28k followers.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Dia del DougO said:

Probably good for Sic'Em, but I do believe that some level of competition is essential to keep up a great product.

And it wasn't too long ago that SicEm let it be known how they really feel about us freeloaders having an open mic. Us poors need a place to jump to.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.