Tarleton game today

2,561 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by Daveisabovereproach
ImABearToo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone catch some of the Tarleton game today with McNeese State? I watched some of third quarter. Man, if we don't hang 40+ on them and completely dominate next week, we're looking at another long season in Waco.
GTownBear15
Felt the same way
pedbear1978
their QB got hurt and missed second half
Bearsalwayswin
welp
bear2be2
pedbear1978 said:

their QB got hurt and missed second half
They looked really good in the first half. I didn't watch after halftime.

But if their QB is hurt, they're in trouble. He's a good player.
ImABearToo
We should have numerous advantages including major size difference, more depth, experience at QB and WR and our secondary. It should be a beat down and anything less than that will be a disappointment. It's Long Island or Albany level but from the Lone Star State.
burg0047
The fact that we have to point out that we have advantages against Tarleton is quite a statement itself.
ImABearToo
After last year, nothing is certain. Guess I'm just trying to remain hopeful. This team could be a XII contender, barely go .500 or another 3-9 finish. Just don't trust CDA until I'm shown otherwise.
BUGWBBear
burg0047 said:

The fact that we have to point out that we have advantages against Tarleton is quite a statement itself.

Before or after their QB got hurt?
SMack
Their quarterback isn't named "Buckshot", is he?
william
they're angry and hungry and coming to huaco expectorating to win.

be valiant bruins bold!

vanquish the foe!!

- el kkm

release the hounds!!!

pro ecclesia, pro javelina
LIB,MR BEARS
Turned it on and the first play I saw was their kicker hitting a 53 yd field goal.

Got nervous after that
IBleedGreenandGold
God nightmares
dstaylor57
As we saw last year the great equalizer is a mediocre OL. If we aren't greatly improved there it could be a long year. The OL will drive our success or failure this season. The defense should be improved if we stay healthy.
Killing Floor
Bears will win. Bas d on what I saw we will be out coached and far out planned but we have bigger and stronger lines and in the end we will easily win by 10+.
MRPorter7635
Killing Floor said:

Bears will win. Bas d on what I saw we will be out coached and far out planned but we have bigger and stronger lines and in the end we will easily win by 10+.

If we win by only ten it will mean there are major issues with the team. This game should a win by over 35 if we are anywhere near where we should be.
Dia del DougO
I don't count on anything any more in college football.

Put it on paper.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
TeamPlayer
Going to be a rough season.
boognish_bear
Killing Floor said:

but we have bigger and stronger lines and in the end we will easily win by 10+.

I assumed this would be the case last year when we played Texas State. I could not believe when I saw them manhandling us in the trenches on the way to beating us 42-31.

I think we will win this game…but it's hard to shake the memories of the s show last season was
Killing Floor
I'll say the same thing about Air Force, Colorado and Texas Tech. But we have to wait and see how much things have improved.
MRPorter7635
Killing Floor said:

I'll say the same thing about Air Force, Colorado and Texas Tech. But we have to wait and see how much things have improved.

Air Force is always tough. They have a funky offense and are usually very disciplined and make you beat them as opposed to making mistakes. Lots of unknowns with Air Force. Its an early season game and they lost a lot of players from last year. Hopefully it is hot and the heat helps us wear them down. Baylor should win this one as well

I think we lose pretty handily to CU. They have way more talent than we do. They may implode but if we get a W in Boulder it will be because they beat themselves. This is not out of the question.

I will need to see more from both teams before I talk about Tech. I was at the Tech game last year and they flat out embarrassed Baylor.
jsstewar
boognish_bear said:

Killing Floor said:

but we have bigger and stronger lines and in the end we will easily win by 10+.

I assumed this would be the case last year when we played Texas State. I could not believe when I saw them manhandling us in the trenches on the way to beating us 42-31.

I think we will win this game…but it's hard to shake the memories of the s show last season was
Still having PTSD from the Texas State game.
Bobsyouruncle
CU is the only game I feel good about.

AF is a massive pain to play against. They just don't screw up. If you're mistake prone they will eat you alive.

TT makes me nervous. It felt like they "figured us out" last year. I'm concerned we're going to get bullied.
MRPorter7635
Bobsyouruncle said:

AF is a massive pain to play against. They just don't screw up. If you're mistake prone they will eat you alive.

TT makes me nervous. It felt like they "figured us out" last year. I'm concerned we're going to get bullied.

Serious question, what makes you feel good about beating CU in Boulder, Home coming for them, 1st game back in the Big 12?
Bobsyouruncle
I don't trust Deion at all as a coach. Ultimately he's there to take care of his kids. If Shedeur throws for 4,500 yards and they go 0-12 he'll blame everyone else and point to his kid getting drafted in the first round.
MRPorter7635
Bobsyouruncle said:

I don't trust Deion at all as a coach. Ultimately he's there to take care of his kids. If Shedeur throws for 4,500 yards and they go 0-12 he'll blame everyone else and point to his kid getting drafted in the first round.

Reasonable. I think he is a poor tactical coach as well but a great motivator and recruiter. Not sure on his Xs and Os.

I think they will likely out talent us and come away with a win. This game has a ton of variables. Maybe more than any P4.

Hope we can get a win.
altoids3
I saw the game......they were just "okay" until their QB got hurt......that dude is wicked good. But.....that's about all they have. If he doesn't play and we don't hang 45 on this team, I am going to cry green tears. Honestly, I have no clue what to expect on Sat night. New coaching staff, new offensive scheme, new OC (THANK GOD), new QB. So wo knows what's going to happen. This "could" be a trap game (I see you Texas St game from last year). Really digging this new spread offense back in Waco, and from what I have seen with DQ, remains to be seen. I will be at the game on Sat, so hoping not to melt. Hopefully this game is over by halftime.
MRPorter7635
Texas State did not turn out to be a trap game. Texas State game was indicative of what we saw all year last year.
jsstewar
MRPorter7635 said:

Bobsyouruncle said:

Serious question, what makes you feel good about beating CU in Boulder, Home coming for them, 1st game back in the Big 12?
Between us and Colorado, there is a massive high-end talent difference now. I think they will be sneaky good until their locker room implodes, which is a possibility.
Big12Bear
jsstewar said:

MRPorter7635 said:

Bobsyouruncle said:

Between us and Colorado, there is a massive high-end talent difference now. I think they will be sneaky good until their locker room implodes, which is a possibility.
Their biggest question marks are the same ones we have - how much have the lines improved? If they haven't had a complete overhaul (possible with the way Deion does things), it'll be one of the few opponents where we aren't overmatched. Their O-Line was atrocious last year. Sanders sack numbers were mind boggling.

Despite my overall gloomy prediction for the season, I expect a good game in Boulder.
Daveisabovereproach
We need to beat them soundly, but it's less the margin of victory and more how we get there. If Finn is having to do heroics, constantly scrambling out of pressure etc. in order to beat them, it will be a cause for concern. same story if we struggle to generate any sort of pressure on their quarterback rushing 4, or if the running game is getting stuffed at the line
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.