Story Poster
Photo by Jack Mackenzie - SicEm365
Baylor Football

Underrated Performer for Baylor against Air Force: Caleb Parker

September 16, 2024

I was fully expecting to see an ugly game on Saturday night, but that first half was almost unbearable. Air Force (1-2) dominated the time of possession, while Baylor (2-1) blew every offensive opportunity with turnovers and lackluster execution.

Thankfully, the second half saw the Bears get their rushing attack in rhythm, with Bryson Washington (RFr.) and Richard Reese (Jr.) each finding paydirt, along with quarterback Sawyer Robertson (RJr.) on a six-yard scamper.

The defense played well once again, but the secondary had some blown coverages that the Falcons weren’t able to capitalize on. If not addressed, Colorado will expose those mistakes next week. 

Without further ado, this week’s ‘Underrated Performer’ goes to safety Caleb Parker (RSr.). Parker didn’t light up the stat sheet by any means — one tackle — but he made a few impressive plays throughout the game.

I was honestly a little shocked to see Parker pull a Cam Newton in the Super Bowl and watch as an Air Force fumble in the first quarter rolled right towards him. He just looked at it, but he would make up for that mistake a few plays later.

Parker was able to come away with a blocked punt that would be recovered by Baylor linebacker Josh White (RSr.) deep inside Air Force’s territory. Unfortunately, this would only result in a field goal for the Bears, despite only having to move the ball 28 yards to get a touchdown.

The other play that Parker created that stood out to me was his lone tackle of the night. After Baylor’s front seven strung out an option run attempt by the Falcons, Parker went full wrestler mode and suplexed the Air Force ball carrier near the Falcons’ sidelines.

Baylor will need Parker and the rest of the defense to bring that same type of juice to Boulder next week, as the Bears take on the Buffaloes (2-1) for a 7 p.m. nationally televised affair on FOX.

Discussion from...

Underrated Performer for Baylor against Air Force: Caleb Parker

1,524 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Garrett Ross
There are not any replies to this post yet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.