New uniform combo for BYU game

940 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by william
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stranger
boognish_bear said:

we've seen this **** before.

please fire somebody
DAC
Goofy
PartyBear
We need to ditch yellow. Baylor marketing and branding get that through your heads. Further all yellow you try to push on every one at least a couple of times a year is the worst uni ever worn in the history of the program. It is not cool like you think and the green helmet really does not improve it.
Stranger
PartyBear said:

We need to ditch yellow. Baylor marketing and branding get that through your heads. Further all yellow you try to push on every one at least a couple of times a year is the worst uni ever worn in the history of the program. It is not cool like you think and the green helmet really does not improve it.

. . . as the Four Tops used to sing . . . it's the same old song.

Please!

No more yellow. The Bears are going to be embarrassed two weeks in a row because of those godawful outfits
Daveisabovereproach
Once we finally get rid of Aranda, we need to revisit our jerseys. They look like something from the "create a team" mode from NCAA 2007 on the Xbox
bear2be2
These would look a lot better with green pants and helmets.
SMack
I don't really hate all the yellow uniforms. I just don't associate them with Baylor.

Baylor football uniforms have changed over the years, but there have been some constants over the last 70 years or so:
1. Green jersey for home, white for away
2. Metallic gold helmets

There have been lots of alternate uniforms, especially the last few decades. And there have been brief deviations from the standard helmets, like the Bill Beall era.

As far as the two constants -- the metallic gold helmets and green and white jerseys -- there have been variations in the shades, stripes, and embellishments, but that's what I associate with Baylor football.

We usually buy in to the trends in fashion and add black, grey, and white alternates occasionally, but it seems like those are just variations that are transitory.

But the yellow helmets and uniforms just look like some other team. I suppose we could use them as alternates, but they don't look like Baylor to me.

With all the attention on branding, one would think that having uniforms that people associate with Baylor would be important.
Quinton
Who is choosing this? We actually finally have some decent combo options if we mix it and choose the worst possible combinations every. single. time. Microcosm of issues with the program. No feel.
Quinton
bear2be2 said:

These would look a lot better with green pants and helmets.

That makes too much sense. All same color goes for white and black. The others should be alternating as you said. Simple stuff unless Dave is choosing these.
Big12Fan2024
Not great but not awful. Would have been ok against any other team in the conference except BYU. Their uni combinations always look like some of the most crisp in college football each week. It won't matter after this week. We'll pretty much be reppin' the Big 12 on the + for the rest of the year after tomorrow.
chorne68
I like the gold uniforms. The players also like the gold look. Get over it.
BellCountyBear
Are the tattoos part of the uniform too?
Stranger
BellCountyBear said:

Are the tattoos part of the uniform too?

only the green and mustard tattoos
ImABearToo
Mustard with a little relish on top.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
Is that a player with a bag of gold?

Will the coaches be wearing the We Pay Player shirts?
ZachTay
Will Hit-the-Rhoades be wearing mustard too, with his sport goggles? Both, are clownish..........
ImABearToo
He looks like Wild Thing from the Major League movie.
JP1037
chorne68 said:

Me too. Bunch of silly girls worried about prom dresses on this thread. If players like it what else matters?
Mitch Blood Green
Stranger said:

PartyBear said:

. . . as the Four Tops used to sing . . . it's the same old song.

Please!

No more yellow. The Bears are going to be embarrassed two weeks in a row because of those godawful outfits
Four Tops reference gets you a yellow star.
Daveisabovereproach
JP1037 said:

chorne68 said:

Me too. Bunch of silly girls worried about prom dresses on this thread. If players like it what else matters?

And yet you just voiced your own uniform opinion, silly girl. Why do football players get to ask the fans for money, but the fans aren't allowed to voice their opinion about uniforms? Sounds like communism
william
looks like 1976 GBP.......

just win, baby!

- Al D. KKM

{ sipping coffee }

{ eating donut }

go bears!

beat the joes!!

pro ecclesia, pro javelina
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.