Texas Tech

5,414 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by boognish_bear
muddybrazos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
is a pretty good team. We kept the wrong coach. I knew the day we let James Blanchard walk that we made a mistake. Joey was the guy that we shoulda kept to keep the Rhule culture. Mack screwed this one up.

And ya they almost lost to ACU but theyre a decent team.
BaylorGrad09
Watching the Tech game tonight and was thinking the same thing. I'm not convinced Dave's early success wasn't actually on Joey based on the results since he was hired to Lubbock.

Imagine after the Big12 title win, instead of extending Dave, he gets hired away to another program and Joey got elevated internally. What might have been…
muddybrazos
BaylorGrad09 said:

Watching the Tech game tonight and was thinking the same thing. I'm not convinced Dave's early success wasn't actually on Joey based on the results since he was hired to Lubbock.
Im totally convinced of that. Joey was the hype man and can lead men while Dave is like an analytical guy that is not the lead man.
bear2be2
muddybrazos said:

is a pretty good team. We kept the wrong coach. I knew the day we let James Blanchard walk that we made a mistake. Joey was the guy that we shoulda kept to keep the Rhule culture. Mack screwed this one up.

And ya they almost lost to ACU but theyre a decent team.
Unlike any Dave Aranda team but 2021, Tech has made a lot of improvement since that ACU game.

We've just been in a static state of suck for three years now.

And our idiot AD seems to be OK with it.
CizzLark
Man are they BUZZING right now or WHAT
Guitarbiscuit
BaylorGrad09 said:

Imagine after the Big12 title win, instead of extending Dave, he gets hired away to another program and Joey got elevated internally. What might have been…

We wouldn't have been 3-9 last year, that's for sure.
muddybrazos
And BTW this west coast 11pm kickoff stuff is nonsense.
Daveisabovereproach
They will beat us, the usual suspects will roll out their tired excuses of how Dave should get a chance to get us to six wins blah blah blah. Y'all know the drill
Jacques Strap
CDA inherited CMR's staff and players.
CMR's staff is gone
CMR's players are gone
You can see where BU is and what the trend is
You can see where Tech is and what the trend is

PartyBear
I think y'all have McGuire and Tech way overrated. If we have an opening, we should not be reaching out to McGuire and I do not think we would. I know this will upset the McGuire off shoot of Rhule's cult followers here and the attacks and disinfo will flow.
chukronos
Many alumni and fans wanted to keep Joey as HC. The players wanted Joey as HC. Most knew that Joey was good for Baylor. Mack wanted who he wanted. And as a result, we are where we are.
Daveisabovereproach
IDK I think people are talking hindsight. I'm not sold on Joey as a head coach, but he would have been a cheaper option than Dave and probably achieved results on par or better than what we have seen the last three seasons. But no, I think there are better options out there when Dave inevitably gets fired. Let's not act like we'd even be able to hire him from Tech anyway.
Realitybites
Nobody is leaving Tech to coach Baylor in the current environment.
PartyBear
Realitybites said:

We a lot more going for us over all than Tech I believe.
BU82EX
One thing we know for sure is even if we would have hired Joey, the first little screw up or unpredicted loss and this board would have crucified him, Mack and Linda. Absent another 2021 season, the majority of "voices" on this board live in a state of dissatisfaction.
Daveisabovereproach
BU82EX said:

One thing we know for sure is even if we would have hired Joey, the first little screw up or unpredicted loss and this board would have crucified him, Mack and Linda. Absent another 2021 season, the majority of "voices" on this board live in a state of dissatisfaction.

You sound dissatisfied
boykin_spaniel
Joey is still an unknown and how he'd do as Baylor HC is pure speculation. We lose to him next Saturday like we did to ISU and idk who will be leading our sideline for homecoming.
Guitarbiscuit
One thing I noticed last night is that Tech has better players than we do. Go figure.
bear2be2
PartyBear said:

I think y'all have McGuire and Tech way overrated. If we have an opening, we should not be reaching out to McGuire and I do not think we would. I know this will upset the McGuire off shoot of Rhule's cult followers here and the attacks and disinfo will flow.
They're 5-1 and alone atop the Big 12 standings. Regardless of what you think about Tech, they're winning games while we sit with Kansas and Oklahoma State at the back of the short bus -- likely to lose to both of those teams later this year.

Joey McGuire is a vastly superior football coach to Dave Aranda. Mack dismantled our program trying to be the smartest guy in the room when the obvious choice was right there to make.
bear2be2
chukronos said:

Many alumni and fans wanted to keep Joey as HC. The players wanted Joey as HC. Most knew that Joey was good for Baylor. Mack wanted who he wanted. And as a result, we are where we are.
Keeping McGuire was the easy, obvious choice.

Sometimes the obvious choice is the right one.
bear2be2
Daveisabovereproach said:

IDK I think people are talking hindsight. I'm not sold on Joey as a head coach, but he would have been a cheaper option than Dave and probably achieved results on par or better than what we have seen the last three seasons. But no, I think there are better options out there when Dave inevitably gets fired. Let's not act like we'd even be able to hire him from Tech anyway.
There's no way in hell McGuire is leaving Tech for Baylor. Baylor had one shot to hire him and chose the guru.
PartyBear
As I said the disinfo would start flying. Maybe McGuire is one of the legends of college football and you and maybe only a few can see others can see it now and I'm counting Tech people as well. I doubt it though.

The general rule is you don't hire a position coach to be HC of a P4 program. So far the only exception to that rule is Dabo at Clemson.
bear2be2
BU82EX said:

Wrong. Dave Aranda got a complete mulligan in Year 1. It wasn't until he completely bottomed out in Year 4 that a majority of people turned on him.

Compared to most places, Baylor is a very patient, forgiving bunch.
bear2be2
PartyBear said:

As I said the disinfo would start flying. Maybe McGuire is one of the legends of college football and you and maybe only a few can see others can see it now and I'm counting Tech people as well. I doubt it though.
No one said he was a legend. But he's a hell of a lot better than Aranda's sorry ass. The winning percentage says it, and so will the head-to-head record soon.

We hired a ****ing clown ... and you continue to support him as he does his best Titan submersible impression with our program.
Guitarbiscuit
We have nothing going for us right now.
william
dont see the ttechsters in the coaches poll just released....

they'll have 2 weeks to stew over the snub -

they're playing for something and will be motivated....

- kkm

pro ecclesia, pro javelina
PartyBear
bear2be2 said:

PartyBear said:

No one said he was a legend. But he's a hell of a lot better than Aranda's sorry ass. The winning percentage says it, and so will the head-to-head record soon.

We hired a ****ing clown ... and you continue to support him as he does his best Titan submersible impression with our program.

Look you have wanted Dave out since he was named and during the COVId year because it wasn't McGuire hired. Your personal attacks on Aranda here reveal a lot here as well. It isnt defending Aranda to argue McGuire is overrated by a few of you. I know you think otherwise but I suspect if Tech had our schedule thus far, they also would have losses to UTah, CU, BYU and ISU.
bear2be2
PartyBear said:

bear2be2 said:

PartyBear said:

Look you have wanted Dave out since he was named and during the COVId year because it wasn't McGuire hired. It isn't defending Aranda to argue McGuire is overrated by a few of you. I know you think otherwise but I suspect if Tech had our schedule thus far, they also would have losses to UTah, CU, BYU and ISU.
I gave Dave plenty of chances. I jumped on board like everyone else after the 2021 season and stayed there until last season. The man is incompetent. That is beyond clear at this point.

Say what you want about Joey McGuire. He's not incompetent. And he's doing better currently at a much more difficult place to win than our joke of a coach.

And say what you want about Tech's schedule. We wouldn't be 5-1 against it. We'd likely have lost to Arizona State, Cincinnati and Arizona.

You don't have to be a legend to be better than Dave Aranda's sorry ass. You just have to have half a clue what you're doing.

And as I've said for each of the past three seasons now, I would trade Tech's trajectory with Joey McGuire for ours with Dave Aranda in a heartbeat.
BaylorGrad09
PartyBear said:

The general rule is you don't hire a position coach to be HC of a P4 program. So far the only exception to that rule is Dabo at Clemson.

It's hard to say McGuire was just a position coach. Yes, he was a position coach at Baylor, but he was a three time state champion head coach at the high school ranks and associate head coach under Rhule. He was a first time head coach hire at Tech, but it wasn't a that much of a stretch.
PartyBear
bear2be2 said:

PartyBear said:

bear2be2 said:

PartyBear said:

Look you have wanted Dave out since he was named and during the COVId year because it wasn't McGuire hired. It isn't defending Aranda to argue McGuire is overrated by a few of you. I know you think otherwise but I suspect if Tech had our schedule thus far, they also would have losses to UTah, CU, BYU and ISU.
I gave Dave plenty of chances. I jumped on board like everyone else after the 2021 season and stayed there until last season. The man is incompetent. That is beyond clear at this point.

Say what you want about Joey McGuire. He's not incompetent. And he's doing better currently at a much more difficult place to win than our joke of a coach.

And say what you want about Tech's schedule. We wouldn't be 5-1 against it. We'd likely have lost to Arizona State, Cincinnati and Arizona.

You don't have to be a legend to be better than Dave Aranda's sorry ass. You just have to have half a clue what you're doing.

And as I've said for each of the past three seasons now, I would trade Tech's trajectory with Joey McGuire for ours with Dave Aranda in a heartbeat.

We know you have been saying that since Tech hired him that Tech is so much better. We have read that numerous times from you.
bear2be2
BaylorGrad09 said:

PartyBear said:

It's hard to say McGuire was just a position coach. Yes, he was a position coach at Baylor, but he was a three time state champion head coach at the high school ranks and associate head coach under Rhule. He was a first time head coach hire at Tech, but it wasn't a that much of a stretch.
He was also Rhule's assistant head coach and had the support of that staff, much of which might have been retained had he been hired.
bear2be2
PartyBear said:

bear2be2 said:

PartyBear said:

bear2be2 said:

PartyBear said:

We know you have been saying that since Tech hired him that Tech is so much better. We have read that numerous times from you.
That's only because some people, namely you, have trouble reading win-loss records.
ImABearToo
I could listen to a Joey presser after a game, win or lose. Davey boy, not so much.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
Bobsyouruncle
Saw this from Mike Craven on the DCTF wrap up show this morning …

"Like I can look through the last two recruiting cycles and point to a dozen players at SMU that are making major, major contributions to winning football games. I can do the same thing at Texas Tech. I can't do it at TCU and I can't do it at Baylor."

From The Republic of Football College Football Podcast: Week Six Recap: The state of Texas is awesome, Oct 6, 2024
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-republic-of-football-college-football-podcast/id1766384173?i=1000671960872
BBWCBear
Realitybites said:

Agree 100%. It would be a tremendous step backwards with little chance to survive. ONE coach left this miserable Loser university for another job. He presently is having reasonable success, but that university has him on a short leash.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.