Aranda's buyout

746 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by The Rickest Rick There Is
BellCountyBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone really know if Dave's buyout is an issue keeping Mack from pulling the trigger? I will happily start a GoFundMe account to help. Let us plebeian fans know, Mack!
IowaBear
Just my opinion. But I don't believe it's the buyout. It's Mack's incredibly large ego. Firing Dave means he's admitting failure on his end. He put all his eggs in Dave's basket when the whole damm world knew bringing that clown back in 24 was a huge mistake.
Robert Wilson
One problem is, who is even in charge of Baylor Athletics? Does anybody care? Is anybody paying attention? Is anybody stroking the checks? Or did we pretty much disenfranchise all of our BMD's, and now we are being run by the politically correct administrators/managers that our ever-so-wise Board put in place?
PartyBear
Well…it seems folks here do not exactly have a lot of back ground or knowledge of historical information before they post. Yes big shock.

I fairness to Iowabear, who did qualify that he was just stating his opinion. Here is something to know. Mack fired Tony Levine at UH, Herman's successor, after year 3. Levine won 5 games his first year, 8 his second and 7 his 3rd year then out. His track record suggests impatience that looks almost erratic. The kind of guy y'all would love. His history suggest he has no issue firing someone because he hired the person.

Four things come to mind here about Aranda. He really personally likes Aranda and they have become friends, there are financial issues, Mack actually isn't completely in charge and the Pres really likes Aranda. All four things here can be true.
ScottS
Make Baylor football great again
Stranger
PartyBear said:

Well…it seems folks here do not exactly have a lot of back ground or knowledge of historical information before they post. Yes big shock.

I fairness to Iowabear, who did qualify that he was just stating his opinion. Here is something to know. Mack fired Tony Levine at UH, Herman's successor, after year 3. Levine won 5 games his first year, 8 his second and 7 his 3rd year then out. His track record suggests impatience that looks almost erratic. The kind of guy y'all would love. His history suggest he has no issue firing someone because he hired the person.

Four things come to mind here about Aranda. He really personally likes Aranda and they have become friends, there are financial issues, Mack actually isn't completely in charge and the Pres really likes Aranda. All four things here can be true.

Quite sick and probably all true
PartyBear
I should say even if he was going to be fired this year. I'm not sure why any one think this would occur now and not at the end of the season anyway. So I should have added that as a 5th potential reason and the biggest one. I was thinking the question was really why wasn't Aranda fired after year 4 or 5. Since the loudest voices here started calling for it within 12 months of our best season in history.
BearBall
PartyBear said:

Correct, this is on Linda and her dude.
JP1037
Robert Wilson said:

Or did we pretty much disenfranchise all of our BMD's,
This is an interesting question I hadn't really considered.

The reverberations of firing Briles are coming home in so many ways. One of the big ones is many BMDs who would have given tens of millions to Baylor Football are now giving Baylor the middle finger. I know this is true for some, but I don't really know how many BMDs are left?

The money to bail Mack out might be harder to find than ever.

PartyBear
JP1037 said:

Robert Wilson said:

The reverberations of firing Briles are coming home in so many ways. One of the big ones is many BMDs who would have given tens of millions to Baylor Football are now giving Baylor the middle finger. I know this is true for some, but I don't really know how many BMDs are left?

Well the firing of Briles was the BOR taking hundreds of millions from BMDs and saying thank you and now f you then lighting all the money on fire in front of them.
Robert Wilson
JP1037 said:

Robert Wilson said:

Who replaces Turner, McLane, Simpson, Williams…?

And if the answer is that we no longer have those CEO personality types to have an opinion and stroke a big check, we may just keep bobbing around in the water like we have been.
Dia del DougO
IowaBear said:

Just my opinion. But I don't believe it's the buyout. It's Mack's incredibly large ego. Firing Dave means he's admitting failure on his end. He put all his eggs in Dave's basket when the whole damm world knew bringing that clown back in 24 was a huge mistake.
I'm not sure how they rank, but I think the reasons for reluctance to make a move is all of the above, plus the administration's love affair with Aranda's personality. They really really want it to work, prove they could do it a different way, and it also would cost a pretty penny to scrap the experiment at the end of the year.

If it were just any one of the above as the major issue, they would probably be coach shopping if they couldn't at least rationalize by all rights "should-have-won" 6 games, if not for bad breaks.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
The Rickest Rick There Is
Correct, so many donors and fans were burned because of how Art was handled.
The Rhule band aide helped keep everything duct taped together.
Now, we are in the worst place possible: no coach, no players, no donors, and no fans.

Who is responsible for this?
This is a clear lack of leadership, direction and identity.
Also, this is way worse than the Guy Mo years because the level of competition in this "little league."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.