Football
Sponsored by

CMR presser

2,599 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Beaneater
SicThe12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Where is it? Game days not officially over until after I hear him talk about how proud he is, other job offers, toughness, etc.
merckywaters
i posted in the game day thread

https://sicem365.com/s/2062/gameday-thread-baylor-vs-iowa-state/2/0
#FreeCinque
Timbear
Don't waste your time.
twwdc
He also always mentions Paterno in his pressers, getting tired of that
BUGWBBear
twwdc said:

That's why I refer to that idiot as JoPa Jr.
Sprite
BUGWBBear said:

twwdc said:

Why not try to keep criticism of Coach Rhule civil? You might think you have a point, but this doesn't reflect well on our fanbase.
Boatshoes
Making excuses for 1-10 doesn't reflect well on our fan base. Criticizing a head coach who has learned nothing collecting ten losses in one season does. Criticizing a head coach who continues to repeatedly mention and defend someone who shielded a child molester does.
YoakDaddy
Boatshoes said:

Making excuses for 1-10 doesn't reflect well on our fan base. Criticizing a head coach who has learned nothing collecting ten losses in one season does. Criticizing a head coach who continues to repeatedly mention and defend someone who shielded a child molester does.

Let's not forget that he also testified against the whistleblower.
oorahpa
Congrats to the bor. You have successfully changed the culture. We have gone from a national power house to a national joke. Every move you made to hide your responsibilities has been a total failure. Instead of accepting for your total lack of oversight you went corporate and looked for a scape goat. CAB was responsible for winning football games. You are responsible for managing the university. You somehow managed to both hide in the cave while destroying our greatest football team and alienating our major donors. There are many questions about your new coaching staff which has created an all time low this season. I have seen Baylor football since thw early 50'a and this is the worst. I didn't think it could get worse than Coach Beall but you have do it. You're primary goal has been to protect the board and it's members. Zero transparency just trust us. You need to admit what you have done and replace most of the BOR. You need to return to the way board members were appointed before the change back in the early 90's and become much more transparent.
BylrFan
Sprite said:

BUGWBBear said:

twwdc said:

Why not try to keep criticism of Coach Rhule civil? You might think you have a point, but this doesn't reflect well on our fanbase.

Quoting JoPa all the time doesn't reflect well on our school either
PartyBear
Paterno actually did cover up not only rapes but rapes of little kids. I don't get the huge double standard. Someone should tell him not to try to use this job to rehab Paterno's name. I suspect he is really trying to build a recorded record of doing that for his PSU people to see when he seeks that job should he ever have success here.
Bearprof
Rhule's future at this institution will depend on the first half of next season. If the team hasn't adequately progressed, meaning some wins, then I think he's gone at the end of season 2. The fact that he mentions Paterno at every opportunity gives me the creeps, and I'm not hiding my head in the sand about anything that happened on our campus. He should keep his mouth closed about Paterno. At best, it's incredibly awkward considering what BU has been through.
Quinton
oorahpa said:

Congrats to the bor. You have successfully changed the culture. We have gone from a national power house to a national joke. Every move you made to hide your responsibilities has been a total failure. Instead of accepting for your total lack of oversight you went corporate and looked for a scape goat.

This is a perfect description. They went corporate. Fabricated (borderline fraudulent) legalise with a touch of religion. All to cover for some absolute no name regents. Sad
Quinton
Bearprof said:

The fact that he mentions Paterno at every opportunity gives me the creeps, and I'm not hiding my head in the sand about anything that happened on our campus. He should keep his mouth closed about Paterno. At best, it's incredibly awkward considering what BU has been through.

I see Im not the only one who noticed this. Its curious considering Rhule is really playing the character and service bit as he knows the situation. I'm surprised he keeps mentioning him. Nobody cares for now though because we are terrible and aren't being covered
Quinton
PartyBear said:

Paterno actually did cover up not only rapes but rapes of little kids. I don't get the huge double standard. Someone should tell him not to try to use this job to rehab Paterno's name. I suspect he is really trying to build a recorded record of doing that for his PSU people to see when he seeks that job should he ever have success here.

That was a real scandal. Ours was a fabricated moral panic
RioRata
PartyBear said:

At this point Ole Jersey would have a hard time getting the St Francis (Pa) job.

St Francis (Pa)>>>Liberty.
bobo
Sprite said:

BUGWBBear said:

twwdc said:

RHe also always mentions Paterno in his pressers, getting tired of that

Sorry dude. Baylor fans are pretty civil. We are pretty darn nice all things considered and compared to other fan bases.

Get out more.
Everything is racist
ScottS
nothing to worry about, the internal improvements are on track
Beaneater
Put some tequila in that sprite and you've got a pretty good drink.
Sprite needs some tequila.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.