Football
Sponsored by

Randy Clements is the new O.L. coach at SMU

8,117 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by xiledinok
Timbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Briles is now the only one without a job. No, there was no conspiracy.
MilliVanilli
REX said:

MilliVanilli said:

oldbear69 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Robert Wilson said:

Xiled, MV, KS get talking points. That's why their tunes can change so fast. And generally together.
Says the caber 20 months into a tired schtick for the inexcusable that grows sadder by the day.

No redemption for Cab, his nepotistic staff reduced to Conference USA and less, his last recruiting class a bust, the Qb you tried to live vicariously through embarrassed by UCF, the agenda just can't find any traction at any turn.

Meanwhile, Baylor moves on with Rhule and the most esteemed recruitment class in program history.

And meanwhile, we go from a staff that gave us B2B big 12 championships ...to a guy that can't beat freaking Liberty.....no matter how u spin it milli, jersey can never rid himself of that stench....freaking Liberty....
Lol, the spin is all your petulant damage control fantasy.

Briles' staff was snapped up by no one in big boy football because the defense was mediocrity and the offense was staffed by nepotism.

Keep fanboying Conference USA and rewriting history while you gnash your teeth about a Baylor staff that just out-recruited Briles even while cleaning up his mess.

Just don't pretend you're a Baylor fan once they start winning, we all know better, you moral cowards showed everyone your ass and it won't be forgotten.

Recruiting or on the field results?
I'm a results man personally
You're a Conference USA fanboy personally.

robby44
REX said:

MilliVanilli said:

oldbear69 said:

MilliVanilli said:

Robert Wilson said:

Xiled, MV, KS get talking points. That's why their tunes can change so fast. And generally together.
Says the caber 20 months into a tired schtick for the inexcusable that grows sadder by the day.

No redemption for Cab, his nepotistic staff reduced to Conference USA and less, his last recruiting class a bust, the Qb you tried to live vicariously through embarrassed by UCF, the agenda just can't find any traction at any turn.

Meanwhile, Baylor moves on with Rhule and the most esteemed recruitment class in program history.

And meanwhile, we go from a staff that gave us B2B big 12 championships ...to a guy that can't beat freaking Liberty.....no matter how u spin it milli, jersey can never rid himself of that stench....freaking Liberty....
Lol, the spin is all your petulant damage control fantasy.

Briles' staff was snapped up by no one in big boy football because the defense was mediocrity and the offense was staffed by nepotism.

Keep fanboying Conference USA and rewriting history while you gnash your teeth about a Baylor staff that just out-recruited Briles even while cleaning up his mess.

Just don't pretend you're a Baylor fan once they start winning, we all know better, you moral cowards showed everyone your ass and it won't be forgotten.

Recruiting or on the field results?
I'm a results man personally

Yep
What good is recruiting if you don't produce on the field results. Let's see what's going to happen on the field. If we have another subpar season good recruit talk will be done
BUBear24
Bruce Feldman just shot this down... he's on the move, but not to SMU...
Forest Bueller
MilliVanilli said:

Clements and Monty were the two staffers under the old regime that could actually coach.

Clements is a darn good OL coach. He will move up eventually from SMU.
MilliVanilli
BUBear24 said:

Bruce Feldman just shot this down... he's on the move, but not to SMU...
[img]<blockquote class=[/img]Am told OL coach Randy Clements is likely heading someplace else but now not expected to join SMU staff per sources.
Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) January 4, 2018 " />
MilliVanilli
ColomboLQ said:

MilliVanilli said:

Clements and Monty were the two staffers under the old regime that could actually coach.

This is really ******ed, even for you.
From a murderer apologist that's a compliment.

Reality is really offensive to your lot, it's the darndest thing.
0xdeadbeef
I have no idea how accurate this is, but i was told by someone I trust that Clements was a coach Rhule wanted to keep, but was told he couldn't after the #TruthDontLie Twitter fiasco.
boognish_bear

xiledinok
Who had the idea to blast that twitter statement?
The regents gave those former coaches a black hole to jump in after the firing and our former staff jumped right into it with the twitter posting.
NCAA=Schools with Presidents and regent boards, not coaches.
Golden Helmet
He wasn't going to SMU....sit tight
Robemcdo
Bigger and better things maybe ?
Hubbs
I bet he ends up at FAU
MilliVanilli
Robemcdo said:

Bigger and better things maybe ?
You are delusional non-stop.
Golden Helmet
Not accurate at all.

Deleon is our head coaches mentor....No chance he wasn't bringing him to Baylor
RealLarryDon
I wish we could hire Clements back. While we have several areas of coaching deficiency, none is greater than the ineptness in coaching of the OL. Maybe Moses could retire and Clements could come back and actually develop these guys.
lakerat
SMU did not back away. Feldman is a slappy. Reports only what he hears or reads.
DioNoZeus
lakerat said:

SMU did not back away. Feldman is a slappy. Reports only what he hears or reads.

This place is toxic. Unsubscribing

-Bono/Chitwood/Norman Dale/Sunny Ortiz/John Galt/and soon to be The Toxic Avenger
Golden Helmet
Truth
Amarillobear

I think Coach Briles entire staff were very good coaches and they cared about the kids.
Golden Helmet
You must have attended practice.
MilliVanilli
Amarillobear said:

I think Coach Briles entire staff were very good coaches and they cared about the kids.
They cared so much that they let them all down.

Apparently helped some cheat drug tests, didn't extract lockerroom cancers like Elliott, and allowed bad apples to dictate the reputation of the entire program.
Tommy_Lou_Ramsower
All of you people need to quit arguing and give me your free Baylor Football tickets from your Wendy's Combo Meals.
"There were a number of us just crying out to God." - Baylor Regent Dennis Wiles

During the meeting, one of the regents started crying and pounding on the table, saying "Not my Baylor," and "Why do we have to listen to any more of this?"
ColomboLQ
Which coach helped the players cheat drug tests?
bearlyafarmer
U of Houston
MilliVanilli
ColomboLQ said:

Which coach helped the players cheat drug tests?
Ask Josh Gordon.

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/baylor-bears/article178028036.html

Timbear
I don't think I'd take Gordon's word that it's raining out side.
MilliVanilli
Timbear said:

Lulz, because there's anything to gain by talking about cheating.
Forest Bueller
Timbear said:

Yep.
xiledinok
Josh Gordon is most likely telling the truth but it has nothing to do with Clements. He is angry these days and the emotions are running.
The offensive line was always focused and never got off track trash talking.
The line coach did a great job and was never dealt a bunch of blue chips. He was always putting together an offensive line.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.