Football
Sponsored by

Kaz hired by SMU

24,185 Views | 184 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Keyser Soze
SicThe12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/southern-methodist/Bolt/SMU-Mustangs-football-to-hire-Kaz-Kazadi-as-strength-and-conditioning-coach-Baylor-Bears-113397445/Amp
RioRata
Good for him/them. I figured he would be heading to the Buyou City to whip the Coogs into shape.
NoBSU
Underwhelming but better than Jonesboro, AR
RealLarryDon
Congrats to Kaz! He'll whip the Ponies into shape quickly. I never heard one player say a bad thing about Kaz. Only compliment after compliment. Don't understand why some need to sound snitty about a good dude getting a better opportunity.
NoBSU
RealLarryDon said:

Congrats to Kaz! He'll whip the Ponies into shape quickly. I never heard one player say a bad thing about Kaz. Only compliment after compliment. Don't understand why some need to sound snitty about a good dude getting a better opportunity.
I would understand a move basically home to Tulsa and upside of Montgomery. I guess I thought he has a bigger ceiling than Dykes and SMU. I see SMU as a final destination for Dykes. Better than Arkansas State but I expected P5.
Krieg
NoBSU said:

RealLarryDon said:

I would understand a move basically home to Tulsa and upside of Montgomery. I guess I thought he has a bigger ceiling than Dykes and SMU. I see SMU as a final destination for Dykes. Better than Arkansas State but I expected P5.

Give it time, he's only been gone a year.

The haters are convinced that a temporary demotion is permanent. They'll all have to work their way back to P5, but many will. KB will be soon as an OC or a bit later as a HC.
Robemcdo
One by one the cast offs are being pulled back towards home
vanillabryce
Good for Kaz. SMU is quite fortunate to get him.

Doc Holliday
Can you really blame Rhule though for letting Kaz go when Baylor essentially did nothing but sh*t on the guy and his coworkers?
Johnny Bear
SMU just hired one of the best S&C coaches in the country. He was the 2nd most important coach when he was at BU, next to CAB.
NoBSU
Doc Holliday said:

Can you really blame Rhule though for letting Kaz go when Baylor essentially did nothing but sh*t on the guy and his coworkers?
No. Not sure what you mean as Kaz had what on paper looked like a promotion to a department position higher than sport specific. Then he left. Or were your whirled peas rhetorical?
SicThe12
Doc Holliday said:

Everyone knows I'm not the biggest CMR fan around here, but I have to say. No. S&C coaches are usually a package deal with HC's in college football. Rarely will you see a HC retain or even hire a complete stranger.

The issue is, the guy who we have now can't hold a candle to Kaz. Rhule said it himself, what was the game where CMR told us the defense was too tired to compete? Only for usnto discover that our offense won the ToP battle?
RioRata
SicThe12 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Everyone knows I not the biggest CMR fan around here, but I have to say. No. S&C coaches are usually a package deal with HC's in college football. Rarely will you see a HC retain or even hire a complete stranger.

The issue is, the guy who we have now can't hold a candle to Kaz. Rhule said it himself, what was the game where CMR told us the defense was too tired to compete? Only for usnto discover that our offense won the ToP battle?

Excellent post.
Doc Holliday
NoBSU said:

Doc Holliday said:

No. Not sure what you mean as Kaz had what on paper looked like a promotion to a department position higher than sport specific. Then he left. Or were your whirled peas rhetorical?
Let me clear this up:

Imagine being Kaz.

Scandal happens.

Everyone you work with including you are called rape enablers.

Baylor does nothing but help the media call you a rape enabler.

Now imagine remaining loyal to Baylor.
RegentCoverup
Sounds like a job for a dildo selling backwater dwarf who rang up at least three wrongful termination suits.

This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
hodedofome
Kaz was never caught with a prostitute, maybe that's why he was more effective than our current S&C staff.
bearlyafarmer
RealLarryDon said:

Every time one of Briles' staff gets hired, the official story becomes more tattered. And, the official narrators know that, and that it's only going to become more so as the years roll by. So glad I could help you understand.
NoBSU
Doc Holliday said:

NoBSU said:

Doc Holliday said:

Let me clear this up:

Imagine being Kaz.

Scandal happens.

Failure to report is a long way from rape enabler. I see that term on Twitter and school message boards. I read that specific term on Ponyfans.com recently when posters were happy the Clements was going elsewhere. Boom, now those SMU posters have Kaz.

It it hard to expect Ponyfans.com or Houston fans to get it right when you can't. The board dumped on Briles. They did it with real complaints. Then they tossed gasoline on it by using the term gang rapes. That is what the BOR did. The board also did not correct the media incorrect tangents. For example, you can't report to a Title IX department when you don't have one. Nothing federally required you to have one. You needed a coordinator, then our JA served the role it always had.

What you don't know (and neither do I) is how deep the evidence is that we were fixing complaints and any police investigations (and no I don't just mean SA) in a hope to keep events away from JA. All schools do this. It doesn't make Briles a leper. It does make it understandable that when his guys made the papers, then his was subject to dismissal. That isn't a scapegoat. That is pretty much every company that I have would for as an adult.

Our BOR is far from agels. Our AD and coaching staff were far from angels.
Forest Bueller
vanillabryce said:

Good for Kaz. SMU is quite fortunate to get him.

Yes they are.

They will be incredibly fit and strong. That is one part of it.
merckywaters
good for Kaz.
Players loved him.
Fans loved him.
His training was effective.
Let this stain of the past continue to be lifted from ex-BU assistants and officials
MidWestBear2010
NoBSU said:

Doc Holliday said:

NoBSU said:

Doc Holliday said:

Let me clear this up:

Imagine being Kaz.

Scandal happens.

Failure to report is a long way from rape enabler. I see that term on Twitter and school message boards. I read that specific term on Ponyfans.com recently when posters were happy the Clements was going elsewhere. Boom, now those SMU posters have Kaz.

It it hard to expect Ponyfans.com or Houston fans to get it right when you can't. The board dumped on Briles. They did it with real complaints. Then they tossed gasoline on it by using the term gang rapes. That is what the BOR did. The board also did not correct the media incorrect tangents. For example, you can't report to a Title IX department when you don't have one. Nothing federally required you to have one. You needed a coordinator, then our JA served the role it always had.

What you don't know (and neither do I) is how deep the evidence is that we were fixing complaints and any police investigations (and no I don't just mean SA) in a hope to keep events away from JA. All schools do this. It doesn't make Briles a leper. It does make it understandable that when his guys made the papers, then his was subject to dismissal. That isn't a scapegoat. That is pretty much every company that I have would for as an adult.

So guilty until proven innocent? Got it.
xiledinok
Just because they were "not guilty" doesn't mean they were innocent of not doing some incredibly stupid things.
Undoubtedly, they gave themselves a life sentence for stupidity. There is no jail time for those offenses.
Most of the crying from the robe touching crowd is due to the fact Art played and lost his pr war.
When Art decides to answer questions in a public forum it will be an audience of family and friends. They will figure out how to have a town hall with their friends.
NoBSU
MidWestBear2010 said:

NoBSU said:

Doc Holliday said:

NoBSU said:

Doc Holliday said:

Let me clear this up:

Imagine being Kaz.

Scandal happens.

Our BOR is far from angels. Our AD and coaching staff were far from angels.
So guilty until proven innocent? Got it.
Only in some weird universe where you are the judge. You aren't. The evidence is between the BOR & Art/Ian/Starr.

We all want transparency. Maybe the remaining cases will not settle and we will see some evidence.
57Bear
NoBSU said:

... What you don't know (and neither do I) is how deep the evidence is that we were fixing complaints and any police investigations (and no I don't just mean SA) in a hope to keep events away from JA. All schools do this. It doesn't make Briles a leper. It does make it understandable that when his guys made the papers, then his was subject to dismissal. That isn't a scapegoat. That is pretty much every company that I have would for as an adult.

"What you don't know (and neither do I) is how deep the evidence is" ... Nor do we know how that "evidence" might be contested in a court of law by those the bor condemned with its allegations. What we do know is that the bor has spent lots of BU $$ on PR firms to shape the information released.

One might note that some of the new coaching staff have not been angels either.
57Bear
NoBSU said:

... The evidence is between the BOR & Art/Ian/Starr.

We all want transparency. Maybe the remaining cases will not settle and we will see some evidence.
The "evidence" is in the possession of the bor (and its lawyers and its PR firms) which puts out its "evidence" in fragments to the WSJ and in court filings.
xiledinok
57Bear said:

NoBSU said:

... The evidence is between the BOR & Art/Ian/Starr.

The "evidence" is in the possession of the bor (and its lawyers and its PR firms) which puts out its "evidence" in fragments to the WSJ and in court filings.
Why play the entire hand? They release a little when necessary.
Personally, I believe they released enough for all to know they are all badly at fault. I don't believe BOTH sides want more information released. Art might try acting since his public approach is an entertaining show.
Keyser Soze
That last court filing was over 40 pages and contained enough to make Briles & Shillinglaw run from their defamation suits. Not really a trickle, more like a game ender.

Doc Holliday
Keyser Soze said:

That last court filing was over 40 pages and contained enough to make Briles & Shillinglaw run from their defamation suits. Not really a trickle, more like a game ender.

...or really expensive.
SicThe12
Keyser Soze said:

What made baylor dish out a 8 figure settlement?
Keyser Soze
SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

After 19 months that is what you cling to?
NoBSU
Doc Holliday said:

NoBSU said:

Doc Holliday said:

Let me clear this up:

Imagine being Kaz.

Scandal happens.

what's Kaz's views on North Korea?

Yeah, that's my way of saying WTH are you talking about? Who is expecting Kaz to be loyal to Baylor. What does that have to do with SMU hiring him?

The school fired Art. They kept Kaz and the others. Then they dumped on Art (not Kendal or Kaz). Kaz was around longer than anyone. Publicly, it looked like he was moving up, then left on his own accord. He didn't owe Baylor any loyalty. He was free to leave and from a public perception stay. We have all read posts that claim inside knowledge that the tweets sealed all the staff's fate as to continued employment. But he sure didn't look fired from Baylor.

The plaintiff attorneys dumped on everybody. Brenda Tracy dumped on everybody. The media had some things wrong. Baylor ducked and covered to avoid the release PH report. A few regents personally dumped on Art and Shill to kill the personal lawsuit against them. BS move. But that wasn't dumping on Kaz. You have a whacked irrelevant, revisionist history with the Kaz loyalty statement. I wish Kaz well. I am not sure what I wish about 15 posters on this board. That is the point it is with me. You seem to want to drag all of us into a hate Baylor and love the Briles staff world because some very good football was played for a few years. I am disppointed in Baylor and the Briles staff. That disappointment is minor compared to how I feel about 15 "fans" or trolls here.
JETHRO
Congrats to Kaz. Baylor has helped bolster CUSA and the AAC this year.
SicThe12
Keyser Soze said:

SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

You've been all over this site pointing to Briles accepting money as a smoking gun. But absolve the University for offering the money.

It's beyond silly.
Keyser Soze
SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

You've been all over this site pointing to Briles accepting money as a smoking gun. But absolve the University for offering the money.

It's beyond silly.
Then you have not really paid attention.

It is a contradiction for someone to publicly state "all I want to do is clear my name" and days later take money and sign the NDA. That is what I have pointed out and it is hard to argue against.

I don't know exactly why Baylor paid him off, but there are multiple reason far more plausible than the scapegoating BS spewed by the CABers.
SicThe12
Keyser Soze said:

SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

SicThe12 said:

Keyser Soze said:

It's beyond silly.
Then you have not really paid attention.

It is a contradiction for someone to publicly state "all I want to do is clear my name" and days later take money and sign the NDA. That is what I have pointed out and it is hard to argue against.

I don't know exactly why Baylor paid him off, but there are multiple reason far more plausible than the scapegoating BS spewed by the CABers.

Baylor: This is all CAB! He failed Baylor!

CAB: That's a lie, i'll see you in court.

Baylor: Please take these millions and millions of dollars! And agree to never let the public hear what you have to say!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.