Football
Sponsored by

Two Primary Reasons Why Jersey Won't Leave College Ball

5,060 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BaylorRocks
Gust Avrakotos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1. Try and run the freaking Oklahoma drill before games in the NFL and see what happens with the union.

2. Training Camp is a cream puff compared to what it used to be 25yrs ago. He won't be able to beat the living **** out of his team in an NFL camp because they can only be in pads for so many days. Again. The players union.

It isn't going to be a marriage made in Heaven.

Gust
80sBEAR
3. He can make $4 million per season and is only required to win one game per year.

The NFL don't play dat.
"This is not an institution of football."
-- Dr. David Garland
Gust Avrakotos
Yeah, they do 80's. Yeah, they do.

And once he get's into the NFL head coaching club he also enters...the recycled coaching club. Look how many head coaches fail and then turn into coordinators or position coaches. It is a cycle that goes on into perpetuity.

Jersey realizes that if he lays one more egg in college he is done with Penn St and he is done with the Giants. That would be a reason to skip town.

Gust
BEAR 45
xiledinok
80sBEAR said:

3. He can make $4 million per season and is only required to win one game per year.

The NFL don't play dat.
Well, there is the Cleveland Browns. They wanted Art. 1-31 over two years.
BEAR 45
Leaving would be a huge mistake for him. He signed a 7 year deal for heavens sake ! Even if he falls flat on his face [ again ], his buyout will be in the multi- millions. He is currently set, financially, to never work again after Baylor, or if successful, to get a raise from the $4 mill he already gets.
cBUrurenthusism
Ask Saban, Spurrier, Chip Kelly, Lou Holtz about the transition from college to the NFL
PartyBear
The transition from G5 to P5 seems challenging enough for him.
BearKamp
BEAR 45 said:

Leaving would be a huge mistake for him. He signed a 7 year deal for heavens sake ! Even if he falls flat on his face [ again ], his buyout will be in the multi- millions. He is currently set, financially, to never work again after Baylor, or if successful, to get a raise from the $4 mill he already gets.

Yep. I've heard from inside admin source that the Administration is pissed about this, especially Livingston.

Plus, he makes 4 mil a year and last Indy HC made 1.3 I heard .... plus you have the 25 mil buyout.

Bottom line is this was a really bad bad decision Rhule made when he had to address the team today at 3:30.
PartyBear
BEAR 45 said:

I'm sure the BMDs are more than ready to help make a new change at this point if it is a losing season. He just put on himself all the pressure that a Texas coach typically has now.
REX
xiledinok said:

80sBEAR said:

The NFL don't play dat.

Appears that they should have taken him
Gust Avrakotos
PartyBear said:

BEAR 45 said:

I'm sure the BMDs are more than ready to help make a new change at this point if it is a losing season. He just put on himself all the pressure that a Texas coach typically has now.
Do we still have BMD's other than Drayton? What evidence do you have?
BUGWBBear
80sBEAR said:

The NFL don't play dat.

Cleveland would be proud as shyte of a 1-15 record.
Gust Avrakotos
BearKamp said:

BEAR 45 said:

Yep. I've heard from inside admin source that the Administration is pissed about this, especially Livingston.

Plus, he makes 4 mil a year and last Indy HC made 1.3 I heard .... plus you have the 25 mil buyout.

Bottom line is this was a really bad bad decision Rhule made when he had to address the team today at 3:30.
Thank goodness that someone is actually showing a pulse in Waco. Glad to hear it is Livingston too.

This is AWESOME!!!
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

80sBEAR said:

The NFL don't play dat.

Appears they are the only fools in football that think a veer spread will work against fast big defensive players in the NFL. Unlike Big 12 safeties, these opponents have safeties that can run and tackle in space.
A running NFL quarterback with zone reads is a blessing for doctors and hospitals looking for business.

Rex, did you notice OU's strength coach was hired by the Aggies? Why not Kaz? Aggies have a big booster writing checks and he was looking to hire the best available they could find in the region.
REX
xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

80sBEAR said:

The NFL don't play dat.

Appears they are the only fools in football that think a veer spread will work against fast big defensive players in the NFL. Unlike Big 12 safeties, these opponents have safeties that can run and tackle in space.
A running NFL quarterback with zone reads is a blessing for doctors and hospitals looking for business.

Rex, did you notice OU's strength coach was hired by the Aggies? Why not Kaz? Aggies have a big booster writing checks and he was looking to hire the best available they could find in the region.

He probably turned them down
possible12
How the hell did this thread become about freakin Briles?
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

80sBEAR said:

The NFL don't play dat.

I doubt it. The guy writing all those checks is no fool. He doesn't like nonsense I am told.
REX
possible12 said:

X and/or Milli turns every thread into it
Fact
xiledinok
REX said:

possible12 said:

Fact
It is a Baylor board. Sorry, you guys are here to run us down.
He is a hot topic.
The front page hometown newspaper sports page today in my major college market had a big story on guess who this morning?
Fact
bularry
xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

80sBEAR said:

The NFL don't play dat.

I doubt it. The guy writing all those checks is no fool. He doesn't like nonsense I am told.

You should go to texags and talk all about it.
bularry
xiledinok said:

REX said:

possible12 said:

Fact
It is a Baylor board. Sorry, you guys are here to run us down.
He is a hot topic.
The front page hometown newspaper sports page today in my major college market had a big story on guess who this morning?
Fact

Really? Why, pray tell
Aberzombie1892
Sometimes, it's unclear whether some posters want Rhule to stay at Baylor or not, and, if he stays at Baylor, it's unclear whether those posters want him to be successful here.
Sampi82
BEAR 45 said:

He can't be that stupid or maybe there is something he has come to realize about Baylor's razor sharp heirarcy that is making him want to get the heck out of Dodge regardless. Say all you want about there being nothing wrong with interviewing for a potential better position, but by doing so indicates the position being interviewed for will be an improvement.

A bad look no matter how one tries to spin it - to the folks that hired him who bought his words hook, line, and sinker, the same for alumni who needed something to believe in, the existing players, last year recruits, this year's signing class and those recruits for next year's class.
xiledinok
bularry said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

REX said:

xiledinok said:

80sBEAR said:

The NFL don't play dat.

You should go to texags and talk all about it.
Why? We already have threads *****ing about Jimbo.
The Sooners are the main competition and it was a big blow to them. The Ag bought Stoops' old strength coach. Word is he also handled discipline (Kaz and Shill's job under Briles) He was Bob's strength guy as well. Big payday for the coach. My guess the Ag paid a fraction or two or three more than Sonny at SMU.
ColomboLQ
Aberzombie1892 said:

Sometimes, it's unclear whether some posters want Rhule to stay at Baylor or not, and, if he stays at Baylor, it's unclear whether those posters want him to be successful here.

That's true. There also appear to be another group of posters on here that are fans of Rhule and not of Baylor because they will defend the guy no matter what he does, even if it's not in the school's best interest.
Grizz Air
1. He sucks
2. 1-11 on a team that couldve won 8 with a peewee coach

And for good measure:
3. Oklahoma drill
4. Little Tykes
5. No offense
6. No real defense either
7. Spin doctor
8. Excuses
9. Excuses
10. Excuses
11. Injuries (where could those have come from? See #3)
12. May know something about Texas recruiting but knows nothing about Big 12 or TX FB
13. We hired a guy who idolizes child rape enablers (Sandusky) to clean up our image of adult rape enablers
14. Excuses
15. Injuries
16. He is from New Jersey, or at least someplace other than Texas
17. He i$ here for one rea$on. And it$ clearly not to win
Gust Avrakotos
Aberzombie1892 said:

I'm hoping that I haven't been unclear.

I don't want him here...especially after 1-11.

If that in any way confuses anyone about my stance...let me know.
LionBear
Gust Avrakotos said:

1. Try and run the freaking Oklahoma drill before games in the NFL and see what happens with the union.

2. Training Camp is a cream puff compared to what it used to be 25yrs ago. He won't be able to beat the living **** out of his team in an NFL camp because they can only be in pads for so many days. Again. The players union.

It isn't going to be a marriage made in Heaven.

Gust

Hello, Fart.

Thanks for the deep thoughts on NFL training camp and the hard hitting analysis on the players union.
LionBear
Gust Avrakotos said:

BearKamp said:

BEAR 45 said:

Thank goodness that someone is actually showing a pulse in Waco. Glad to hear it is Livingston too.

This is AWESOME!!!

And your source also said that Livingstone (Your source wasn't that close to her as they misspelled her name to you) is going to make Matt Rhule do the Oklahoma (State) drill, right?

LOL
LionBear
80sBEAR said:

The NFL don't play dat.

You're so Bro and Homie, Dude.

LOL
LionBear
Gust Avrakotos said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

I'm hoping that I haven't been unclear.

I don't want him here...especially after 1-11.

If that in any way confuses anyone about my stance...let me know.

Fart,

The main problem with your stance is your constant flatulence....we are not confused about that.
greatdivide
possible12 said:

wrong question. It seems like the lower probability theses days would be "how did we get to page 2 without one mention of Briles?"
MilliVanilli
REX said:

possible12 said:

Fact
The true consistency in every thread is your snowflake obsession with an internet poster.

PartyBear
Sampi82 said:

BEAR 45 said:

He can't be that stupid or maybe there is something he has come to realize about Baylor's razor sharp heirarcy that is making him want to get the heck out of Dodge regardless. Say all you want about there being nothing wrong with interviewing for a potential better position, but by doing so indicates the position being interviewed for will be an improvement.

A bad look no matter how one tries to spin it - to the folks that hired him who bought his words hook, line, and sinker, the same for alumni who needed something to believe in, the existing players, last year recruits, this year's signing class and those recruits for next year's class.
Well to be honest an NFL position is reasonably viewed as a potential better position than even a blue blood HC position to most people. Not to me personally, because I'm a huge college football fan and like it much more than the NFL. I'm just talking about to most casual football fans around the country. It in fact also may really not be much better as almost all the P5's have joined the arms race and salaries are outrageous and similar to NFL salaries now even at the private P5s who arent blue bloods like Baylor, TCU.

That all said this was an idiotic move for all the reasons you said in your second paragraph. Especially since a reasonable person in Rhule's position should know he isnt going to get it at this point and hence all it does is hurt with the current employer. Now the way this plays out is that we probably have Rhule one more season. He either wins big enough to bolt or he doesnt and Baylor ends it. It wasnt very smart and not a sign of much wisdom at all politically for Rhule to have made this play.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.