Story Poster

BREAKING: Baylor gets late addition to 2018 class in JUCO LB Copeland

June 26, 2018

Try SicEm365 until August 27 for $1.00!

Baylor has received a commitment from Navarro JUCO LB/S prospect Jake Copeland‍ . He received an offer immediately after camping at Baylor this summer. He also came to Baylor on a second visit with his family. He will count towards the 2018 recruiting class and enroll at Baylor in July.

He was also being recruited by Kansas State, Kentucky and Texas A&M. 

Copeland (6-2, 225) will play either linebacker or safety at Baylor. He had 26 tackles and five sacks this past year at Navarro College.

Discussion from...

BREAKING: Baylor gets late addition to 2018 class in JUCO LB Copeland

20,627 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BEAR 45
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
JustPostFacts? said:

Wrong!
*2nd team all conference at Navarro
*Was named District 7-6A Defensive Newcomer of the Year as a sophomore at Southlake Carroll..Over his 5 Star teammate and Oklahoma S signee Robert Barnes
*Ran a 11.01 100 meters as a Freshman in HS
Appreciate it.

Talked to a former coach from Navarro and he loved Copeland. Said Gush would miss his this year.
Forest Bueller
JustPostFacts? said:

Wrong!
*Was named District 7-6A Defensive Newcomer of the Year as a sophomore at Southlake Carroll..Over his 5 Star teammate and Oklahoma S signee Robert Barnes
Wow to the 11.01 100 meters as a freshman.
BoonDockSaint
I heard Rhule was sold on him

Once he saw how FAST he ran the CONE DRILL

Evidently hes QUICK IN A PHONE BOOTH
BEAR 45
JustPostFacts? said:

Wrong!
Thanks, that is what I was questioning earlier, but was not provided in the thread by anyone. Don't get me wrong, I hope the kid ends up winning the Butkus award, but do not believe what he did in High School matters much when he has already played a year of college level ball. Physical size and speed is necessary, but often does not translate into performance on the field. Baylor is definitely not a top destination for linebackers, based on current recruiting classes, so depth is critical. Hope he picks up on the next level quickly, but my original point was that may not be likely for the upcoming season.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.