Football
Sponsored by

Baylor Cuts Another Check

17,974 Views | 118 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by xiledinok
cowboycwr
How long do you want to ignore this user?

The lawsuit involving the former volleyball player who said she was gang raped has been settled. So Baylor cuts another check and avoids the truth actually coming out yet again.

https://www.wacotrib.com/news/courts_and_trials/baylor-settles-with-former-student-who-accused-football-players-of/article_7af8cda0-ae12-53a7-a048-efe8ed020204.html
Timbear
Another great payday to a woman who claimed rape years Later, refused to go to the police after being implored to do so by Briles. His reputation and career are ruined, and she's a millionaires. All this so the BOR can cover up it's corruption.
Thee University
Do either of you Einsteins have a daughter?
cowboycwr
Thee University said:

What in my post was critical of the victim?

Nothing.

I simply pointed out that baylor cut another check and the truth stays buried. That has no bearing on the victim so to direct your statement towards me is just stupid.
SIC EM 94
Thee University said:

You have a good reason to believe her claim is legit?
Loaded4Bear
Thee University said:

Bump, set, spike Baby!!!!! Frickin' phone videos. They make me want to cry out to God! Your Baylor donation dollars at work. Yes, I have a daughter.
"It it ain't broke, get a bigger hammer!"
oldbear69
cowboycwr said:

The lawsuit involving the former volleyball player who said she was gang raped has been settled. So Baylor cuts another check and avoids the truth actually coming out yet again.

https://www.wacotrib.com/news/courts_and_trials/baylor-settles-with-former-student-who-accused-football-players-of/article_7af8cda0-ae12-53a7-a048-efe8ed020204.html

Fake news,,,it was not a gang rape,,,call it what it was....... a menage a trois....
Brian Ethridge
Staff
oldbear69 said:

cowboycwr said:

Fake news,,,it was not a gang rape,,,call it what it was....... a menage a huit....

Fify in a sickening way
Russell Gym
Let the victim shaming begin ... Baylor style!

(Read in the sarcasm, folks)
boognish_bear
This was kind of tossed in at the very end of the article. What's the story here?

"Baylor has also reached settlement agreements with at least three women who did not file lawsuits."
BoonDockSaint
I have always been annoyed by the "do you have daughters" line people like to throw out

Its so cheesy and trite

boognish_bear
I get the sentiment....but as CMR correctly pointed out last year...sexual assault should be equally offensive whether or not you have daughters.
Loaded4Bear
Russell Gym said:

Let the victim shaming begin ... Baylor style!

(Read in the sarcasm, folks)
The only shame in this case is that Baylor felt the need to cut another big check. And that this seems to be acceptable to most Baylor Alums.
"It it ain't broke, get a bigger hammer!"
Brian Ethridge
Staff
boognish_bear said:

I get the sentiment....but as CMR correctly pointed out last year...sexual assault should be equally offensive whether or not you have daughters.

Correct
Russell Gym
BoonDockSaint said:

I have always been annoyed by the "do you have daughters" line people like to throw out

Its so cheesy and trite

The better question is "do you have a daughter who is a victim of sexual assault?"

That's the game changer.
Thee University
BoonDockSaint said:

Its so cheesy and trite

Well.......do you?
Thee University
boognish_bear said:

You don't understand unless you have spent 18 years raising a daughter or two or three and sending them off to BU.
Russell Gym
boognish_bear said:

He's correct that it should. Unfortunately, I don't think it is offensive enough to some.

But that is changing.
GrowlTowel
Thee University said:

boognish_bear said:

You don't understand unless you have spent 18 years raising a daughter or two or three and sending them off to BU.
I have two. If either is raped, they know to go to the police, not the guidance counselor.

When my car was stolen, I didn't call Triple A and then file a lawsuit because nothing happened to get it back.

Also, as a father, I would find the boy and have a "conversation." Note how there were thousands of rapes yet not one father was involved?

Seems odd.

Also, you notice how none of the lawsuits name the actual rapist as a defendant? And Baylor never designates as a responsible third party the rapist?

Seems odd.
George Truett
Thee University said:

The larger problem is that after all this time, people here still haven't taken the time to educate themselves about the feelings of women who are sexually assaulted and the shame connected with reporting it to the authorities.

If they had taken the time to learn, they wouldn't come across as so ignorant and mean-spirited.
Golden Helmet
Seems like some of you are confusing this young lady with another Volleyball Player "Big Red" who's featured in the videos uncovered by PH Firm.

I do beleive this woman's claim is legitimate and while it won't fix her - she deserved whatever settlement she received.

It's 2018 - where have all the real men gone?
Aberzombie1892
GrowlTowel said:

Thee University said:

boognish_bear said:

I have two. If either is raped, they know to go to the police, not the guidance counselor.

When my car was stolen, I didn't call Triple A and then file a lawsuit because nothing happened to get it back.

Also, as a father, I would find the boy and have a "conversation." Note how there were thousands of rapes yet not one father was involved?

Seems odd.

Also, you notice how none of the lawsuits name the actual rapist as a defendant? And Baylor never designates as a responsible third party the rapist?

Seems odd.

The suits were not over whether or not they were sexually assaulted, it was over whether or not Baylor complied with Title IX once the assault was reported. Given that that was the case, which it was, it was not possible to add the alleged rapist as a defendant, and, in addition, the allied rapist could not be designated as a third party defendant because the alleged rapist had no obligations under Title IX in regard to handling an alleged assault complaint.

NoBSU
oldbear69 said:

cowboycwr said:

Fake news,,,it was not a gang rape,,,call it what it was....... a menage a trois....
Is that how you met Mrs. oldbear69?
NoBSU
Aberzombie1892 said:

GrowlTowel said:

Thee University said:

boognish_bear said:

Seems odd.

Seems odd.

The suits were not over whether or not they were sexually assaulted, it was over whether or not Baylor complied with Title IX once the assault was reported. Given that that was the case, which it was, it was not possible to add the alleged rapist as a defendant, and, in addition, the allied rapist could not be designated as a third party defendant because the alleged rapist had no obligations under Title IX in regard to handling an alleged assault complaint.

You have to admit that it is odd that none of the accused are educational institutions and subject to a Title IX lawsuit.

Plus you should also acknowledge that an aggravated assault or homicide from a father would add a cherry to the top of this for the media. Maybe we could get Nancy Grace to do a book signing at Magnolia.
NoBSU
GrowlTowel said:

Thee University said:

boognish_bear said:

Seems odd.

Seems odd.
Do you know for a fact that any of the accused are not missing? We probably don't address a problem in the same manner.
Aberzombie1892
NoBSU said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

GrowlTowel said:

Thee University said:

boognish_bear said:

Seems odd.

Seems odd.

You have to admit that it is odd that none of the accused are educational institutions and subject to a Title IX lawsuit.

Plus you should also acknowledge that an aggravated assault or homicide from a father would add a cherry to the top of this for the media. Maybe we could get Nancy Grace to do a book signing at Magnolia.

"...none of the accused are educational institutions and subject to a Title IX lawsuit."

Could more clarity be provided on what is meant in the above statement?

Well, if someone who has been sexually assaulted does not want to be identified, they would not want any of their family members to commit violence against the alleged rapist as that would ultimately lead to them being identified by proxy. That's why the occasional poster throwing out rhetorical questions in regard to why fathers don't commit violence don't really make sense.

NoBSU
Aberzombie1892 said:

NoBSU said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

GrowlTowel said:

Thee University said:

boognish_bear said:

Seems odd.

Seems odd.

"...none of the accused are educational institutions and subject to a Title IX lawsuit."

Well, if someone who has been sexually assaulted does not want to be identified, they would not want any of their family members to commit violence against the alleged rapist as that would ultimately lead to them being identified by proxy. That's why the occasional poster throwing out rhetorical questions in regard to why fathers don't commit violence don't really make sense.

Sarcastic nonsensical frivolity would be my best description of my post. Does that clarify it?
Keyser Soze
Timbear said:

Another great payday to a woman who claimed rape years Later, refused to go to the police after being implored to do so by Briles. His reputation and career are ruined, and she's a millionaires. All this so the BOR can cover up it's corruption.

I can't decide which is lower, your level of empathy for other human beings or your knowledge of Title IX and school policies.

NoBSU
Keyser Soze said:

Timbear said:

I can't decide which is lower, your level of empathy for other human beings or your knowledge of Title IX and school policies.

Neither is a very high bar around here.
TxRainMkr
Lawyers love to sue entities who always settle.
boognish_bear
TxRainMkr said:

I think with BU you don't even need a lawyer. The end of the article about the most recent settlement said BU also settled with 3 other women who had not filed suits.
xiledinok
TxRainMkr said:

I heard especially when the entity has had terrible actions by former individuals employed and in those charge of the entity.
Amarillobear
Aberzombie1892 said:

NoBSU said:

Aberzombie1892 said:

GrowlTowel said:

Thee University said:

boognish_bear said:

Seems odd.

Seems odd.

There is no way to get paid by suing the alleged assailant. The alleged assailants have never even been identified. The real money is in suing Baylor, and I don't even think that you have to have any proof or evidence. The school is simply trying to do the right thing and we will probably never know if these alleged assaults are real or made up. I suspect some are not real but rather are just morning after regrets. By the news accounts you would think that men were hiding in the bushes, grabbing these unsuspecting little girls and savagely violating them. I am sure that the truth is nothing like that at all. The truth wouldn't provide a payday though as the truth is that men and women at Baylor are drinking and having consensual sex.
YoakDaddy
BoonDockSaint said:

Its so cheesy and trite

I've got 2 daughters. If it happened to them, I'd have the sacks of everyone involved mounted on the wall in my office.
cowboycwr
cowboycwr said:

Thee University said:

What in my post was critical of the victim?

Nothing.

I simply pointed out that baylor cut another check and the truth stays buried. That has no bearing on the victim so to direct your statement towards me is just stupid.

Thee where did you go?? You have posted twice in this thread since I asked this?

What in my post was critical of the victim? How is pointing out that Baylor is paying yet again "victim shaming" as you and others have implied?

Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.