Football
Sponsored by

CAB to coach Italian Football Team

21,288 Views | 145 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Ashley Hodge
BearTooth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article215966180.html

Mac Engel strikes again,
REX
Mac's not finished
Doc Holliday

Quote:

"I'm not sure I was not fired for Baylor's PR purposes," he said. "I can't explain why they would give me a substantial amount of money or pay out a lot of other employees. And I understand contracts. People can make their own decisions."

This.

BOR thought firing him would make Baylor look good.
In reality it just opened up a can of worms.

All because there was no smoking gun.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
Wwbear
Big picture, Mac is keeping Baylor in the news to the detriment of the university. Happy for CAB but Mac is not in this to do CAB favors.

Board screwed this up so bad and now they cant make it go away.
jackets320
ROADTRIP!
Osodecentx
Briles lands job coaching football with Italian team

Former Baylor coach Art Briles has accepted a job as head coach of the Guelfi Firenze team in Florence, Italy.

Art Briles has a job coaching football again.
The former Baylor head football coach has agreed to a contract to coach the Guelfi Firenze American Football team, located in Florence, Italy, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported Thursday. The team later confirmed the hiring on its website.
Briles coached Baylor for eight seasons, winning a pair of Big 12 championships, before being fired in 2016 in the fallout from the Pepper Hamilton investigation into the school's sexual assault problems. Briles did not immediately return calls from the Tribune-Herald on Thursday.

This marks the second coaching position that Briles, 62, has landed since that time, both outside of the United States. In August 2017, the Canadian Football League's Hamilton Tiger-Cats briefly hired Briles as an offensive assistant coach. However, his tenure didn't even last one full day, as the Tiger-Cats backed out of the decision after criticism from league officials, fans and media.
Jacques Strap
In all honesty I see this as a one year working vacation in Italy and then back to the United States of America to coach Ohio State.
Robert Wilson
I've been lots worse places than Florence, Italy. Gorgeous, great food, wine, art, architecture

But I also wonder if I could get in shape for about 60 days and make that team.
cowboycwr
Wait I have read for years on this site and the old one that Briles would never coach again at any level? I am sure those people that said that the most (X) will come on and say something about it being in Italy, blah blah blah even though they have said he was done at any level.
EasyE
Should RGIII brush up on his Italian?
xiledinok
cowboycwr said:

Wait I have read for years on this site and the old one that Briles would never coach again at any level? I am sure those people that said that the most (X) will come on and say something about it being in Italy, blah blah blah even though they have said he was done at any level.

You are the villiage idiot though I ll gladly admit to be wrong about this Italian job. Eddy Jv wasn't available?
He's going to be coaching against guys like you and me. You are right he is back coaching at a level.
Why couldn't he get hired by the topless powder puff league? Make non pay board a good read read.
What sport is he coaching in the Spring? Badminton?
Mike E
When I first heard on the news earlier that he landed a job coaching in Italy, my first thought was he was getting into HS coaching again.
EGOTbear
Lmao! Remember when the worshippers were saying he would have a SEC job in a year?

Italy! Lmao!
REX
EGOTbear said:

Lmao! Remember when the worshippers were saying he would have a SEC job in a year?

Italy! Lmao!

Big question is will he win more than one game?
nafprat
EGOTbear said:

Italy! Lmao!
Well now it's Ohio State.
Max Quad
Lache Seastrunk
BearTooth
EasyE said:

Should RgIII brush up on his Italian?
How funny would that be?

Briles walks into the first practice and behind him walking down the ramp are

RG3
Johnny Jefferson
Shock
Antwan Goodley
KD Cannon
Lynx
Jay Lee

Seth as OC
Salsa Nacho as RB coach
BoonDockSaint
Thank God
EasyE
BearTooth said:

EasyE said:

How funny would that be?

RG3
Johnny Jefferson
Shock
Antwan Goodley
KD Cannon
Lynx
Jay Lee

Seth as OC
Salsa Nacho as RB coach

Unfortunately, he can only have 2 American born players. Start the fake Italian names in 3,2,1...
gobbeldygook
nafprat said:

EGOTbear said:

Italy! Lmao!
Well now it's Ohio State.
SICEM365.COM STAFF:

It is obvious you have failed to see that a TCU fanboy is posting under tarpfan. Please deal with this immediately. Also, I find it unbelievably sad that fanboys will go to the lengths of actually paying a rival's message board for access to information. Truly pathetic behavior.
NoBSU
EasyE said:

Should RGIII brush up on his Italian?
Lol.

Quick, go trademark these phrases in the EU:
lavora duro e sii umile
vai a prendere i tuoi sogni
nessuna pressione, nessun diamante
BaylorBJM
REX said:

EGOTbear said:

Italy! Lmao!

The bigger question is: will you and your son continue to ride CAB's nuts 6000 miles across the Atlantic?

You better hold on tightly!
Midnight Rider
Good. Maybe that will keep his time at Baylor out of the American news cycle for a while.
MilliVanilli
Jacques Strap said:

In all honesty I see this as a one year working vacation in Italy and then back to the United States of America to coach Ohio State.
You're not very honest with yourself then.

CAB at Ohio State is LULZ.
MilliVanilli
cowboycwr said:

What a feather in your CABer hat, there's more prestige in a UIL popwarner league than going to Europe to coach what is essentially a club league of amateurs.
xiledinok
EGOTbear said:

Italy! Lmao!

It's like a 30 year old bragging about putting a puzzle together made for 6 and under kids.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
BearTooth said:

EasyE said:

How funny would that be?

RG3
Johnny Jefferson
Shock
Antwan Goodley
KD Cannon
Lynx
Jay Lee

Seth as OC
Salsa Nacho as RB coach

Silas is already over there as an All-Star in Germany. Maybe he gets to play against his former coach.
CorsicanaBear
Senza domande.

Illigitimus non carborundum
CizzLark
Meh. Next topic.
REX
BaylorBJM said:

REX said:

EGOTbear said:

Italy! Lmao!

The bigger question is: will you and your son continue to ride CAB's nuts 6000 miles across the Atlantic?

You better hold on tightly!

You going to be OK?
Forest Bueller
Per IRS records, Briles received nearly $18 million when he left Baylor.

This was the only real interesting line in the article.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Forest Bueller said:

15 plus what he had made through that date.
syme
Forest Bueller said:

$18 mil and a retirement gig in Florence, Italy? I can think of worse things.
robby44
Bawnjorno
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Yep, hope he enjoys it. I guess he'll have a translator, but look forward to the nicknames for each Italian, in Italian.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.