Football
Sponsored by

John Bonney

1,602 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cowboycwr
RealLarryDon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So John Bonney, the 4 star DB everyone pined for so hard back in '14 during recruiting and who everyone thought was gonna make our defensive backfield legit, ends up announcing his final year is gonna be spent as a grad transfer from UT to Tech. And the Wacoan Cuffee announces his departure to TVCC. I though Charlie Strong and then Orlando were great developers of defensive talent?
SigTauBear
Bonney is going to Tech? I didn't read that. As for Cuffee, yet another UT bust.
Mr Tulip
RealLarryDon said:

So John Bonney, the 4 star DB everyone pined for so hard back in '14 during recruiting and who everyone thought was gonna make our defensive backfield legit, ends up announcing his final year is gonna be spent as a grad transfer from UT to Tech. And the Wacoan Cuffee announces his departure to TVCC. I though Charlie Strong and then Orlando were great developers of defensive talent?

Orlando is.

John Bonney is a selfless, talented player that did everything two coaching staffs (staves?) asked of him. However, the Texas secondary has seen the top rated players in the nation sign up over the last three seasons. He's an immediate upgrade to Tech's (or anyone else's) secondary. However, he would be 3rd man up in the current Texas rotation. I understand his decision.

Eric Cuffee did his best. Good luck in his future endeavors.
cowboycwr
RealLarryDon said:

I never understood how Cuffee was so high in recruiting.

One total interception in HS.

Quit on his team several times in HS when they were down.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.