Football
Sponsored by

Matt Rhule Reiterates Bowl Plans

13,956 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MilliVanilli
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dman said:

Thee University said:

Timbear said:

So, Thee believes what the BOR wants him to about everything being Briles fault, in spite of sworn testimony by multiple individuals to the contrary.
Not so fast there my Bubble Boy.

I've seen what discipline and enforcing it can do for kids needing direction. Coaches need to have their fingers on the pulse of the team on and off the field. The stakes are too high to not do so.

Baylor was expendable in our former coach's career pathing mind. He used us and the BOR should have fired him even earlier. They sat around and let him fire himself but not after dragging BU down into the sewer.

So much delusion in this post.

Let's just stick to facts:
-You hated Briles. Get over it. He wasn't perfect, but he wasn't the man you're painting him out to be. He was no different than 95% of other P5 coaches. They are all highered guns. You think Rhule is a "lifer"...that's delusional. He will either be fired or leave Baylor for the NFL. I support him and hope it's the latter. That's life.

-You played football. Yawn. That was 40 years ago? So did thousands of other kids over the last 40 years since. That doesn't make you special. That gives you no special insight into today's game. Just like Briles teams...the VAST majority on your team were good kids, but some had problems. Saying otherwise is looking back with rose colored glasses. They just didn't have social media and BoR determined to cover their ass at all cost.

While I support the hell out of Rhule... I can't stand those that have to tear down and re-write history regarding Briles. I personally know families of players that played under him at Baylor. They'd all go to war to defend his reputation and what he did for kids in need in his program. Your act is old

That took three (3) edits for you to post?

I did not hate Art. I wanted him to succeed and backed him until he fired himself. Sure, I've been critical of his implosion and his disregard for Baylor. I've been critical of his inability to truly address defense, special teams, discipline and ***** scheduling tactics. I still don't hate him.

I feel sorry for him.

It is hired guns (not highered) and you would think with 3 edits you would catch your mistake.

All I asked of our coaches is that you do not bring dishonor and scandal to Baylor. You do it the right way!

I've never said I was special but I know shysters, carpet baggers, pencil necks, snake oil salesmen and spineless alumni when I see and hear them.

Yes. We had a few bad apples 40+ years ago. Guess what. They were dealt with swiftly and with furious anger. They got one chance and then they were gone.

Baylor kids should be held to a higher standard. I knew when I chose Baylor over other SWC schools that I would be expected to represent Baylor unlike other state schools. Has that changed?

Art's history is still being written. We have not heard the last of his 8 years of 65-37 football. It will not be I who re-writes Briles' history.

MilliVanilli
JCGDOUBLEBEAR said:

Please tell me you are not an attorney...
He swears he is, or rather slurs he is.
MilliVanilli
Dman said:

LTbear said:

Some of y'all are grown men cat-fighting online like a bunch of high schools girls. Jesus kids, grow up.

Yep. Watch thread after thread. Highjack after highjack. There's a common "high school girl" involved.
Well, at least you're finally self-aware of yourself.
BaylorRocks
MilliVanilli said:

JCGDOUBLEBEAR said:

MilliVanilli
zunooreo said:

MilliVanilli said:

JCGDOUBLEBEAR said:

This is accurate.
Dman
Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Timbear said:

So, Thee believes what the BOR wants him to about everything being Briles fault, in spite of sworn testimony by multiple individuals to the contrary.

I've seen what discipline and enforcing it can do for kids needing direction. Coaches need to have their fingers on the pulse of the team on and off the field. The stakes are too high to not do so.

Baylor was expendable in our former coach's career pathing mind. He used us and the BOR should have fired him even earlier. They sat around and let him fire himself but not after dragging BU down into the sewer.

-You hated Briles. Get over it. He wasn't perfect, but he wasn't the man you're painting him out to be. He was no different than 95% of other P5 coaches. They are all highered guns. You think Rhule is a "lifer"...that's delusional. He will either be fired or leave Baylor for the NFL. I support him and hope it's the latter. That's life.

-You played football. Yawn. That was 40 years ago? So did thousands of other kids over the last 40 years since. That doesn't make you special. That gives you no special insight into today's game. Just like Briles teams...the VAST majority on your team were good kids, but some had problems. Saying otherwise is looking back with rose colored glasses. They just didn't have social media and BoR determined to cover their ass at all cost.

While I support the hell out of Rhule... I can't stand those that have to tear down and re-write history regarding Briles. I personally know families of players that played under him at Baylor. They'd all go to war to defend his reputation and what he did for kids in need in his program. Your act is old

Art's history is still being written. We have not heard the last of his 8 years of 65-37 football. It will not be I who re-writes Briles' history.

Then lay off the BS and quit trying so hard. It's old. You got pissed because Art flirted with another job while at Baylor and now look for anything to be critical about. He wasn't perfect. But He wasn't the man you make him out to be either. News flash. Every coach Baylor will employ will be either be fired for non-performance, or be good enough to be interviewed by other programs.. Things have changed since your time...It big boy football now with lots of money on the line. They are all hired guns.

You need to worry more about the delinquents still at Baylor and in charge who brought shame to our school. And less about how many edits in my post. (Pathetic)

MilliVanilli
Dman said:

Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Timbear said:

Then lay off the BS and quit trying so hard. It's old. You got pissed because Art flirted with another job while at Baylor and now look for anything to be critical about. He wasn't perfect. But He wasn't the man you make him out to be either. News flash. Every coach Baylor will employ will be either be fired for non-performance, or be good enough to be interviewed by other programs.. Things have changed since your time...It big boy football now with lots of money on the line. They are all hired guns.

You need to worry more about the delinquents still at Baylor and in charge who brought shame to our school. And less about how many edits in my post. (Pathetic)

Actually, Thee's coach was courted by USC, and he politely declined instead of causing a secretive circus in the midst of a BCS bowl preparation.

Stefano DiMera
Mike Singletary is the only coach we could hire that would be a lifer and not a hired gun..we got real lucky with Teaff and Scott Drew..thats why i will always love and support Scotty..he keeps his business 'off the street 'unlike other coaches..

MilliVanilli
Stefano DiMera said:

Mike Singletary is the only coach we could hire that would be a lifer and not a hired gun..we got real lucky with Teaff and Scott Drew..thats why i will always love and support Scotty..he keeps his business 'off the street 'unlike other coaches..

There may be a day when Shawn Bell can be put in that sentence too.
JXL
MilliVanilli said:

GrowlTowel said:

MilliVanilli said:

historian said:

Every game left on our schedule is winnable. Realistically, though, we probably won't win many of the road games. But we have a real shot at the two remaining home games and if we can pick up a win in one of the others then we are looking really good.
6-6 is progress, 7-5 would make people elated, 8-4 would make Rhule coach of the year.

6-6 is not progress. It is mediocrity. It means that you were under .500 in your own conference.
It's a better record than you have with your caseload as a public defender.

Lord knows you'd call it progress if you could muster .500, maybe a law firm would actually pay attention to you at that point.

Not trying to derail or anything, but a public defender with a .500 record would be a miracle worker.
Thee University
Dman said:

Let me help you out.

1. It is not BS unless you don't like it
2. I'm not trying hard yet
3. I still get fan mail and phone calls (you guys take this medium WAY too serious!)
4. It is not the fact that Arthur flirted with another job, it was the manner in which he did it
5. Things have changed. That is the only thing you got right. I'm not liking the change myself. NCAA athletics, ESPN, pro sports and the characters involved in them are ruining athletics and it will continue to change. There was and will always be corruption, laws broken and lives ruined by major college sports. I'm very close to bailing out now. But yes, sports has changed. I'm glad I participated when I did. When it was a bit more pure and honorable. Money is indeed the problem.
6. The delinquents still playing nationwide are much more of a problem than the leadership at each respective school.
7. The shame to Baylor could have been avoided. Many folks to blame but ultimately it starts with the coaches.
8. I'll give you as many edits as you need.
xiledinok
Art has been a delinquent for years. You see no other big money coaches who are active coming out and supporting him. He would do whatever it took to win and this reputation was solid before, during and after Baylor.
He had no clue that he could be handled. He didn't know that the NCAA is made up of schools, not coaches and that business executives, not old jocks, run sports.
Now, he relys on his rich friends to restore his reputation. Unfortunately, the powers to be in sports don't look at our former high ranking regents and big money donors at at Baylor backing Briles to be credible. These NCAA schools watched those former regents let Baylor drain bowl money from the conference for years without a desire to fix football.
REX
xiledinok said:

Art has been a delinquent for years. You see no other big money coaches who are active coming out and supporting him. He would do whatever it took to win and this reputation was solid before, during and after Baylor.
He had no clue that he could be handled. He didn't know that the NCAA is made up of schools, not coaches and that business executives, not old jocks, run sports.
Now, he relys on his rich friends to restore his reputation. Unfortunately, the powers to be in sports don't look at our former high ranking regents and big money donors at at Baylor backing Briles to be credible. These NCAA schools watched those former regents let Baylor drain bowl money from the conference for years without a desire to fix football.

Don't forget that ESPN hatred Coach also!
Dman
Thee University said:

Dman said:

Let me help you out.

3. I still get fan mail and phone calls (you guys take this medium WAY too serious!)
4. It is not the fact that Arthur flirted with another job, it was the manner in which he did it
5. Things have changed. That is the only thing you got right. I'm not liking the change myself. NCAA athletics, ESPN, pro sports and the characters involved in them are ruining athletics and it will continue to change. There was and will always be corruption, laws broken and lives ruined by major college sports. I'm very close to bailing out now. But yes, sports has changed. I'm glad I participated when I did. When it was a bit more pure and honorable. Money is indeed the problem.
6. The delinquents still playing nationwide are much more of a problem than the leadership at each respective school.
7. The shame to Baylor could have been avoided. Many folks to blame but ultimately it starts with the coaches.

Let me help you out:

1. It's BS because for years you've shown your bias and inability to have a logical conversation on the topic. And after all this time still jumping on the opportunity to re-write the facts.
2. Your "not trying hard yet", but this is was an 8 point response to a simple post, and how many diatribe posts on this thread alone have you made? You see the irony?
3. I don't take it or you seriously. That's why it's BS (because it's BS)
4. Your changing your story to fit your narrative. You've literally debated me and 100 others for years on BF how he NEVER should have taken the interview. You would scream he was "disloyal". How this "wasn't how we did it in the old days" when loyalty mattered. It was never "how" he did the interview that bothered you. This is your BS!. And as for "how", in today's world of ESPN and Twitter..there's not a single interview of a P5 coach that doesn't get leaked. End result. He stayed at Baylor.
5. We actually agree here. The level of "entitlement" is out of control. And yet, you blame Briles for this and the result, when he was no different than any other P5 coach. He gave kids second chances...most worked out. He also kicked kids off the team. Kids with amazing talent whose absence directly impacted the team.
6. While I agree, our problem was university wide and they wanted to cover their ass. There was another way to handle this problem. They remain. So they are the existing problem. Not Briles.
7. Yes. It could have been avoided. But The shame and reason existed WAY before Briles. This is where your logic breaks down.
8. I'll give you as many bullet points as you need to show you're "not trying hard"
bear2be2
Dman said:

Thee University said:

Dman said:

Let me help you out.

Let me help you out:

1. It's BS because for years you've shown your bias and inability to have a logical conversation on the topic. And after all this time still jumping on the opportunity to re-write the facts.
2. Your "not trying hard yet", but this is was an 8 point response to a simple post, and how many diatribe posts on this thread alone have you made? You see the irony?
4. Your changing your story to fit your narrative. You've literally debated me and 100 others for years on BF how he NEVER should have taken the interview. You would scream he was "disloyal". How this "wasn't how we did it in the old days" when loyalty mattered. It was never "how" he did the interview that bothered you. This is your BS!. And as for "how", in today's world of ESPN and Twitter..there's not a single interview of a P5 coach that doesn't get leaked. End result. He stayed at Baylor.
5. We actually agree here. The level of "entitlement" is out of control. And yet, you blame Briles for this and the result, when he was no different than any other P5 coach. He gave kids second chances...most worked out. He also kicked kids off the team. Kids with amazing talent whose absence directly impacted the team.
6. While I agree, our problem was university wide and they wanted to cover their ass. There was another way to handle this problem. They remain. So they are the existing problem. Not Briles.
7. Yes. It could have been avoided. But The shame and reason existed WAY before Briles. This is where your logic breaks down.
8. I'll give you as many bullet points as you need to show you're "not trying hard"
Briles stayed at Baylor, but only after his flirtations with UT and unwillingness to shut down the rumors cost the school its biggest game in program history to that point. Art handled that situation -- and most others that didn't directly involve football -- quite poorly. I've never thought Briles was the demon he's been portrayed as in the media, but I absolutely believe he's a football savant. His decision-making off the field, particularly where public relations are concerned, has been head-scratchingly bad at times and often sabotaged his efforts on it.
xiledinok
REX said:

xiledinok said:

Don't forget that ESPN hatred Coach also!
Don't forget about those administrators and regents from other schools who watched him in action. They are tired of dealing with these high priced employees who cannot handle the situations or athletes they bring on campus. Football is the only sport left where the colleges actually are important in the development process for the pros.
Dman
bear2be2 said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Dman said:

Let me help you out.

Let me help you out:

Briles stayed at Baylor, but only after his flirtations with UT and unwillingness to shut down the rumors cost the school its biggest game in program history to that point. Art handled that situation -- and most others that didn't directly involve football -- quite poorly. I've never thought Briles was the demon he's been portrayed as in the media, but I absolutely believe he's a football savant. His decision-making off the field, particularly where public relations are concerned, has been head-scratchingly bad at times and often sabotaged his efforts on it.

This is what always weeds out those that understand today's football and those that are just looking for a reason to dislike Briles. I'm hindsight It's fair to say He could have done more to ensure discipline on his team, but again, he didn't cover up rape and was no worse than 95% of other P5 teams. They are coaches. They play football and expect others, including our university, to do their part on how to discipline the kids. He can bench them or kick them off the team...that's all. He did both.

But to criticize, nitpick, and get bent out of shape like THEE about taking an interview with another team...however it happened and when it happened, is just looking for a reason to complain. It's a big money game now. They are ALL hired guns. He interviewed, he stayed. Those are the facts.
Thee University
Dman said:

Thee University said:

Let me help you out:

A. I've remained constant, true and correct on this subject.
B. I've had many logical discussions on this topic. Just because you get your feelings hurt does not mean I am illogical.
C. I'm the one who has been posting FACTS. Art lacked discipline himself and failed to instill discipline that kept his problem kids in check. Art did not address our defensive coordinator gap aggressively and went with a bandaide on a gaping wound. Art scheduled too soft and it hurt us during the final few weeks of the seasons and he did this even as he was being shown the door. That my friends is AVOIDING competition pure and simple.
D. I have not even begun to lay the wood to you yahoos yet. I've saved my best for when the final hammer drops.
E. This topic remains hot because you dishwater handed robe clingers are pitiful 2+ years later and you deserve all of the embarrassment you continue to heap upon yourselves. Blame everyone except Art.
F. You and your kind take this dead seriously. Remember, there is an Alico Building Dive Team forming up.
G. I have no narrative. My story is the same now as it was 2, 3 and even 4 years ago. I have not deviated nor changed my story.
H. Art stayed at Baylor because he screwed himself and was dropped from consideration. When it all came to a head there he was crawling into the BOR crying for his job back yet he STILL was arrogant enough that he did not have a credible plan on how to right the Baylor ship he blew a hole in. Crying!
I. Art seemed not to care about truly researching the past deeds of a multitude of kids. Those "bad dudes" people hung around should not have been in Waco.
J. How many kids got kicked off the team in a timely manner. How many chances did Coleman REALLY get?
K. Since you are not on the BOR and did not know what they knew, how can you honestly say there was another way to handle the problem? You do realize that Baylor is much larger than NCAA football and that the BOR is going to protect Baylor the university long before they protect Baylor Bear Football. I believe Art gave the regents no options.
L. The problem escalated with Dr. Discipline and grew into a cancer that was eating away at the program. It was merely a scratch when Art arrived.

I could go on to Z for you but my fingers are tired.

Keep flashing. I love your kind and I will reserve you a spot on the ledge of the Alico Building.
Dman
Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Let me help you out:

B. I've had many logical discussions on this topic. Just because you get your feelings hurt does not mean I am illogical.
C. I'm the one who has been posting FACTS. Art lacked discipline himself and failed to instill discipline that kept his problem kids in check. Art did not address our defensive coordinator gap aggressively and went with a bandaide on a gaping wound. Art scheduled too soft and it hurt us during the final few weeks of the seasons and he did this even as he was being shown the door. That my friends is AVOIDING competition pure and simple.
D. I have not even begun to lay the wood to you yahoos yet. I've saved my best for when the final hammer drops.
E. This topic remains hot because you dishwater handed robe clingers are pitiful 2+ years later and you deserve all of the embarrassment you continue to heap upon yourselves. Blame everyone except Art.
F. You and your kind take this dead seriously. Remember, there is an Alico Building Dive Team forming up.
G. I have no narrative. My story is the same now as it was 2, 3 and even 4 years ago. I have not deviated nor changed my story.
H. Art stayed at Baylor because he screwed himself and was dropped from consideration. When it all came to a head there he was crawling into the BOR crying for his job back yet he STILL was arrogant enough that he did not have a credible plan on how to right the Baylor ship he blew a hole in. Crying!
I. Art seemed not to care about truly researching the past deeds of a multitude of kids. Those "bad dudes" people hung around should not have been in Waco.
J. How many kids got kicked off the team in a timely manner. How many chances did Coleman REALLY get?
K. Since you are not on the BOR and did not know what they knew, how can you honestly say there was another way to handle the problem? You do realize that Baylor is much larger than NCAA football and that the BOR is going to protect Baylor the university long before they protect Baylor Bear Football. I believe Art gave the regents no options.
L. The problem escalated with Dr. Discipline and grew into a cancer that was eating away at the program. It was merely a scratch when Art arrived.

Keep flashing. I love your kind and I will reserve you a spot on the ledge of the Alico Building.

Good lord. Get a hobby. I didnt read any of this...but keep showing how hard you're not trying...
Forest Bueller
GrowlTowel said:

Won't happen. Needed the Duke game to have a .500 season.
Sure hope you are wrong.

I think the TCU game is a very winnable game as is OSU.

The others may be pretty large hills to overcome, but I think there is a 6th win out there.

xiledinok
Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Let me help you out:

Letter F....you need to find a broadcast sponsor to broadcasts the jumps because you'll want them to have a spring in their step during the jump. A good diving board will run you $6k-$14k from what I've seen recently.
ColomboLQ
Thee University said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Let me help you out:

Your letter C is all opinion, no facts. Actually most of what you post is opinion. And as far as the highlighted part goes, there is a regent who is on record as disagreeing with you.
xiledinok
C is dead on point. The truth hurts because it is not a lie and we know that truthdontlie.

The Regent who disagrees with Thee was clueless and didn't bother to even know what Willis or other regents did for a living. The court documents indicate that Regent Stewart was clueless and embarrassed about Willis' Baylorfans exposure concerning Willis being a dildo salesman. I'd pick a better regent to disagree with Thee because Regent Stewart is as clueless as Art in this deal.
Thee University
xiledinok said:

C is dead on point. The truth hurts because it is not a lie and we know that truthdontlie.

The Regent who disagrees with Thee was clueless and didn't bother to even know what Willis or other regents did for a living. The court documents indicate that Regent Stewart was clueless and embarrassed about Willis' Baylorfans exposure concerning Willis being a dildo salesman. I'd pick a better regent to disagree with Thee because Regent Stewart is as clueless as Art in this deal.
"Truth Don't Lie"

will be underneath the Art Briles statue that was slated for the Circle in Waco but just got kicked to Bellmead unless the good folks in Elm Mott wrestle it away.

Stay tuned.
MilliVanilli
bear2be2 said:

Dman said:

Thee University said:

Dman said:

Let me help you out.

Let me help you out:

Yep, had his team and coaches distracted and unfocused...and then embarrassed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.