Football
Sponsored by

Are the Bears already bowl eligible?

5,315 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by McCavebear
Stranger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just wondering. Do moral victories count toward Baylor's six-game win total to make the Bears bowl eligible? A lot of folks around here were claiming some sort of moral victory over Texas.

Also, I was checking the schedule this week for our opponent and it said OFF. If the Bears beat OFF, does that count as a win toward bowl eligibility?
I'm a Bearbacker
CTbruin
Thanks for the sunshine pumping. We haven't seen the sun in Central Texas in a week.
Stranger
I'm a Bearbacker
trey3216
Stranger said:

Just wondering. Do moral victories count toward Baylor's six-game win total to make the Bears bowl eligible? A lot of folks around here were claiming some sort of moral victory over Texas.

Also, I was checking the schedule this week for our opponent and it said OFF. If the Bears beat OFF, does that count as a win toward bowl eligibility?
You're not even good at trolling. It's best to stay quiet
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Stranger
trey3216 said:

Stranger said:

Sorry, I should have realized that not everyone here has a sense of humor.
I'm a Bearbacker
CTbruin
trey3216 said:

Stranger said:

Stranger is far from a troll. He has been a die hard Bear fan before you were born.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I laughed
EvilTroyAndAbed
Stranger said:

trey3216 said:

Stranger said:

Nah, you're just an ***hole.
MilliVanilli
Stranger said:

That's certainly what you seem to do on this forum all the time with these incoherent rants.
xiledinok
No, though I did hear that Baylor and some universities in Italy are teaming up to study CTE and other human body experiments among Italian football teams. I am concerned because it sounds like the Italians want to use Tuskegee style experiments on those unsuspecting badasses on the gridiron.
Stranger
MilliVanilli said:

Stranger said:

That's certainly what you seem to do on this forum all the time with these incoherent rants.

My rants are appreciated as a breath of fresh air by many (not all) on this board. As far as rants go you might be the leader in the clubhouse.

Go Bears!
I'm a Bearbacker
bear2be2
Stranger said:

trey3216 said:

Stranger said:

That's your problem. Most here do. Comedy's just not your thing.

Neither is football, for that matter.
Dia del DougO
When you beat OFF there's always a happy ending.
Stranger
bear2be2 said:

Stranger said:

trey3216 said:

Stranger said:

That's your problem. Most here do. Comedy's just not your thing.

Neither is football, for that matter.

Glad to see you've aligned your ownself with The humorless, serious set. If you can't laugh at football program, what do you find funny?

I think humor must be a generational thing.
I'm a Bearbacker
D. C. Bear
Stranger said:

trey3216 said:

Stranger said:

You should have realized that you don't have a sense of humor.
PervertedLittleTarts
Stranger still out to prove that neither high IQ nor razor-sharp wit is a requirement for NoZe brother membership
PervertedLittleTarts
D. C. Bear said:

Stranger said:

trey3216 said:

Stranger said:

You should have realized that you don't have a sense of humor.

Well he has one, just not a good one
RickyButler
shame on me for seeing improvement and being happy about it while at the same time disappointed in a loss. didn't know those two concepts were mutually exclusive
Richard James Butler, '64
trey3216
PervertedLittleTarts said:

Stranger still out to prove that neither high IQ nor razor-sharp wit is a requirement for NoZe brother membership
I thought they took from both extremes. His membership was 4D chess
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
bear2be2
RickyButler said:

shame on me for seeing improvement and being happy about it while at the same time disappointed in a loss. didn't know those two concepts were mutually exclusive
They aren't. You're good. Just ignore the handful of Rhule haters, who are going to look really stupid after this staff has turned the corner in earnest a year or two from now.
MilliVanilli
bear2be2 said:

RickyButler said:

They aren't. You're good. Just ignore the handful of Rhule haters, who are going to look really stupid after this staff has turned the corner in earnest a year or two from now.
If this team gets to 8 wins this year they'll look stupid enough, 6 is even incredible improvement.

But 8 is their internal goal.
Dia del DougO
Looks like someone sent out the call for reinforcements from the premie board to stamp out unsanctioned dry humor and sarcasm.

Some folks need to get a life.
Reverend
xiledinok said:

No, though I did hear that Baylor and some universities in Italy are teaming up to study CTE and other human body experiments among Italian football teams. I am concerned because it sounds like the Italians want to use Tuskegee style experiments on those unsuspecting badasses on the gridiron.
It's really, really hard to pretend you're Hunter Thompson.
bunation
Stranger said:

If the Bears beat OFF, does that count as a win toward bowl eligibility?

Keep it up. (Pun intended....)
Dman
bear2be2 said:

RickyButler said:

I've already seen improvement. That's not hard though from 1-11. Hope it happens this year. A year from now would be last chance. There wouldn't be a "two years from now".

We should all want him to succeed. Coaching carousels is no mans land. He determines his own fate. If he wins. He's in. If he fails. He's out. None of the bickering back and forth here matters.
MilliVanilli
Dman said:

bear2be2 said:

RickyButler said:

I've already seen improvement. That's not hard though from 1-11. Hope it happens this year. A year from now would be last chance. There wouldn't be a "two years from now".

We should all want him to succeed. Coaching carousels is no mans land. He determines his own fate. If he wins. He's in. If he fails. He's out. None of the bickering back and forth here matters.
The first honest thing you've posted in memory, but antithetical to how serious you take your bickering.

Baylor will win 6 to 8 by season's end, and if it's 8, we are ahead of schedule and the doubters will look foolish.
Dman
MV. Why always follow my posts? I don't read your posts. I don't read your PMs. Why highjack another thread? Stalk someone else. NO ONE TAKES YOU SERIOUSLY. If your post is about someone else..my bad. But I'm betting it's not. And I'm willing to bet you follow my post...again.

Dman
Back to the point at hand. If he can keep improving and keep recruiting at his current level. He deserves time to get his players on the field. "IF" he keeps improving. The conference is pretty flat this year. Hopefully he can maximize.
MilliVanilli
Dman said:

MV. Why always follow my posts? I don't read your posts. I don't read your PMs. Why highjack another thread? Stalk someone else. NO ONE TAKES YOU SERIOUSLY. If your post is about someone else..my bad. But I'm betting it's not. And I'm willing to bet you follow my post...again.

You do read them or you wouldn't respond neurotically to them all, and if you weren't so neurotic wouldn't assume the worst.

I've never seen anybody so obsessed with someone or thing they swear they're ignoring and so adamantly protesting that they don't take seriously yet just have to stop what they're doing to talk about.

It's amusing.
Dman
There's the village idiots name. Just like clock work. Sad.

All those wasted words..that never get read. Yet you are that desperate for attention. So desperate you PM me all the time now..hoping to get a response. With not a single reply from me. Think about that.

Yawn...Keep posting. I won't waste everyone's time or mine by playing this game only you find amusing.
MilliVanilli
Dman said:

There's the village idiots name. Just like clock work. Sad.

All those wasted words..that never get read. Yet you are that desperate for attention. So desperate you PM me all the time now. With not a single response from me. Think about that.

Yawn...Keep posting. I won't waste everyone's time or mine by playing this game only you find amusing.
Ah, there you are ranting about what you swear you're ignoring again and getting bent out of shape over the fact it's amusing to so effortlessly trigger you for your inability not to respond.
Dman
Serious question for those I don't have on ignore. Where are we regarding recruiting? I haven't looked for any updates recently. This to me can go a long way to cover up coaching pros and cons.
MilliVanilli
Dman said:

Serious question for those I don't have on ignore. Where are we regarding recruiting? I haven't looked for any updates recently. This to me can go a long way to cover up coaching pros and cons.
Baylor recruiting is doing pretty solid, the ranking will undoubtedly climb as Rhule recruitment classes always have to date.

Highlighted by the commitment for this 4 star QB so far.

https://247sports.com/player/jacob-zeno-94016/
PervertedLittleTarts
Dia del DougO said:

Looks like someone sent out the call for reinforcements from the premie board to stamp out unsanctioned dry humor and sarcasm.

Some folks need to get a life.

I'm a big fan of dry wit. For example, Monty Python is a personal favorite.

I just prefer the wit to be funny.
D. C. Bear
Dman said:

Rivals has us at 16 verbals and a national rank of 38.

Here
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.