Football
Sponsored by

I want OU and UT to roll 'Bama and Georgia

3,672 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pecos 45
Pecos 45
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I understand that the SEC is considered the premier conference, but I have long felt that if the Big 12's best played the SEC's best, the Big 12 would prevail, or at least make it interesting.

This is why I want to see Oklahoma and UT win their games against Alabama and Georgia respectively.

I felt that OU should have beaten Georgia last year in the playoff, but for some odd reason, Lincoln Riley did not allow the Heisman Trophy winner, Baker Mayfield, to throw a single pass in overtime. It was like he got away from what got him there.
I believe that the Longhorns can catch the Bulldogs in a lull, because of their loss to 'Bama in the SEC championship (when they had the lead) and UT still owes the Bulldogs for that upset loss in the Cotton Bowl back in 1984. (Does anyone even remember John Lastinger?)

I know that OU and UT do not raise sympathy in many Baylor fan's eyes, but should our Bears beat Vanderbilt (also an SEC team) then wins by UT and OU will only enhance our conference's reputation.

For the sake of the Big 12, "Hook 'em, Horns," and "Boomer Sooner."
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
BUmoneymaker
I wont root for ou or ut, but i always root against the sec

So thats a bit of a paradox

"I hope" -Red

"Apply yourself" -W.White

"Guys, who is Keyser Soze?" - K. Soze

"Tea. Earl Grey. Hot." -J.L. Picard
Keyser Soze
Always pull for conference out of conference

Pecos 45
Just kiss her anyway and tell her she doesn't sweat much for a fat girl.
Malcolm Forbes
Stranger
Boomer
And
Hook em

Always pull for conference folks unless Baylor is involved.

What's good for the Big XII is good for Baylor
Grumpy
It is amazing to me how much disrespect OU has gotten this year, bearly making it to the playoffs, when last year they had a good lead on Georgia and bearly lost in overtime. People have a short memory that only fits a certain narrative.
Timbear
I want Georgia to stomp Texas. Texas is arrogant, entitled and they were instrumental in Baylor's downfall.
DanaDane
I hope Bama exposes OU for the full fraud they are and I hope the Bama linebackers get an open shot at Kyler Murray and hit him so hard it knocks him into the next stratosphere. I would love nothing more than Bama hanging 70 on that
putrid OU defense, while shutting down the offense and offensive line in particular that Big 12 refs have protected all year. Texas? Who cares. They are playing in one of the many bowls that mean absolutely nothing.

Neither OU nor Texas would lose one wink of sleep if Baylor were wiped off the map, and both have already spent plenty of time trying to ensure that would happen.
KOKQB70
Dana, strong reply, I agree.
CTbruin
The cows are trying to get us out of the Big 12 and out of P5 altogether.

I would not be for them if they were playing the talaban
Michibear

Pecos 45 said:

I understand that the SEC is considered the premier conference, but I have long felt that if the Big 12's best played the SEC's best, the Big 12 would prevail, or at least make it interesting.

This is why I want to see Oklahoma and UT win their games against Alabama and Georgia respectively.

I felt that OU should have beaten Georgia last year in the playoff, but for some odd reason, Lincoln Riley did not allow the Heisman Trophy winner, Baker Mayfield, to throw a single pass in overtime. It was like he got away from what got him there.
I believe that the Longhorns can catch the Bulldogs in a lull, because of their loss to 'Bama in the SEC championship (when they had the lead) and UT still owes the Bulldogs for that upset loss in the Cotton Bowl back in 1984. (Does anyone even remember John Lastinger?)

I know that OU and UT do not raise sympathy in many Baylor fan's eyes, but should our Bears beat Vanderbilt (also an SEC team) then wins by UT and OU will only enhance our conference's reputation.

For the sake of the Big 12, "Hook 'em, Horns," and "Boomer Sooner."
Grizz Air
I have mixed feelings. If whorns beat whatever sec powerhouse theyre playing, then we look really good taking them (even tho it was backup QB) down to the wire. The moral victory of all moral victories. However, as others have mentioned, they actively contributed to our demise, along with cousin bowlsby.

If OU were to get stomped, it would look really bad for us that we got stomped by them. So although i dont necessarily want the cheating (ie, "sooner") face punchers to win, another close game would be nice.
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
TDSteele
I just have trouble rooting for UT ever. I know I should in this case though. The Aggies tho, NEVER.
BaylorBearinATL
Pulling for OU over Bama.

Pulling for UGA over UT.
EvilTroyAndAbed
I don't mind rooting for OU.

I'll never root for UT ever, which is good this year because Georgia is going to destroy them.
BearTooth
I couldn't root for OU if they were playing Nancy Pelosi, Jeffery Dahmer, Osama bin Laden, and the Hitler Youth All Stars. Nope. Not gonna happen. Boomer swings from left to right when I walk around and OU can kiss my ENTIRE ass.

My father is a Texas grad and while it's difficult to stomach their arrogance and unearned entitlement, I can't root for the SEC over them.

Having said all of that, our B12 cousins will likely lose by a combined 5 or 6 touchdowns, so it doesn't really matter anyway.
PartyBear
I think OU will have an embarrassing showing in the play off actually. Bama is just much better and OU doesn't have much of a defense. It looks at times worse than any defense Baylor has had over the past 10 years.
Hotsauce
Neither OU nor Texas give a damn about this conference, so you'll never find me pulling for either one of them OOC. Hope they both get curb stomped.
bularry
They are both going to lose and lose badly
Pecos 45
"Don't sugarcoat it, Sundance. Tell 'em how you really feel."
Malcolm Forbes
Doc Holliday
Keyser Soze said:

Always pull for conference out of conference

Unless it's TCU.
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." ~ John Adams
BoonDockSaint
We wont be able to stand UT if they roll Georgia

Im pulling for OU to win NC
toughbear
Texas = The Devil
Wwbear
Indifferent to OU but I always enjoy their fans when we play them at home.

UT is straight trash on the same level as TCU. Garbage attitude and garbage fans.
PartyBear
OU's fans are morons. Most of the Texas fans under 50 now are more like your Pac 12 type crowd or hell even similar to Baylor's crowd. Yeah they love their team but dont act ape shxt nuts.
Johnny Bear
BUmoneymaker said:

I wont root for ou or ut, but i always root against the sec

So thats a bit of a paradox
I know the feeling. It's like when UT and OU play each other - I'm always hacked that there isn't a way for both of them to lose.
PacificBear
Roll Tide

Go Dawgz

Big 12 is trash. Baylor needs to find a new home.
BUgolfbear

Never ever root for Texas or big 12 at anytime. still deciding on land thieves
Pecos 45
PacificBear said:

Roll Tide

Go Dawgz

Big 12 is trash. Baylor needs to find a new home.
Like the Mountain West?
Conference USA?

The Big 12, in its early form, with a north and south division, was very good.
When A&M, Colorado and Nebraska left, that hurt.
(I don't know where Missouri fits in the equation. They're a danged border state.)

But I am rooting for UT and OU, and in turn, the Big 12.
(Confession: My daughter graduated UT, so there's an investment.)
Malcolm Forbes
Keyser Soze

Do people not realize that teams in the Big12 made more money than every conference but the SEC and Big10?

There is no SEC or Big10 invite waiting - so get over this Big12 is trash crap. What is good for the Big12 is good for Baylor, and what is good for the Big12 is winning those OOC games.
SFLBear
Keyser Soze said:

Do people not realize that teams in the Big12 made more money than every conference but the SEC and Big10?

There is no SEC or Big10 invite waiting - so get over this Big12 is trash crap. What is good for the Big12 is good for Baylor, and what is good for the Big12 is winning those OOC games.

Very true and completely agree, but doesn't mean I have to like it. If only there was a way for OU and UT to lose but at the same time help the Big 12...Like BU playing in those games!
Feel The Floyd
Please destroy OU and UT. Irreconcilable differences.
Pecos 45
Keyser Soze said:

Keyser gets it.
When our conference looks better, it makes Baylor look better.
Hoping that the Big 12 kicks the SEC's white trash a$$.
Malcolm Forbes
HunterBear
I would probably rather OU win than UT in these games. Have no love for either team. I would prefer UT was playing aTm in a never-ending overtime game.
Banned BarleyMcDougal
Keyser Soze said:

What is good for the Big12 is good for Baylor, and what is good for the Big12 is winning those OOC games.
Not bowl games...outside of a national championship, which minimally helps Baylor. It also raises the profile of schools we compete with for recruits.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.