Football
Sponsored by

BJ Thompson transferring from BU

24,379 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BaylorRocks
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DanaDane
Ouch. This one hurt. He had the speed to pressure a QB.
chorne68
Wonder why?
Bearprof
It's not like he wasn't getting playing time, and he was about to get a bunch more. Unfortunate for the program. Best of luck to him.
dave714
DanaDane said:

He didn't get on the field that much. I don't believe he had enough weight on him to be effective.
DanaDane
dave714 said:

DanaDane said:

He didn't get on the field that much. I don't believe he had enough weight on him to be effective.

He was 2nd on the team in sacks, trailing only James Lynch. He was 3rd on the team in QB Hurries and he was 4th on the team in tackles for losses. Not to mention he was #1 with 3 blocked kicks. I'd say that is a pretty big loss.
hodedofome
Wow. These are 2 good players that I was counting on in the future who are leaving. This hurts bad, real bad.

What's up with BJ? Hand I understand because his coach left, but what about BJ?
bularry
DanaDane said:

dave714 said:

DanaDane said:

He was 2nd on the team in sacks, trailing only James Lynch. He was 3rd on the team in QB Hurries and he was 4th on the team in tackles for losses. Not to mention he was #1 with 3 blocked kicks. I'd say that is a pretty big loss.
It is a big loss. He didn't play a ton of snaps due to his weight, but as you correctly point out, his speed and height made him a playmaker.

I was expecting more from him next year. This hurts, our only speed on the DL
4th and Inches
No! Was expecting he would be one of the bookends we needed to actually get a pass rush this year.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
xiledinok
He seemed to have been getting kicked off the team.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
xiledinok said:

Really? Please do give us the details. Was he a "bad dude"?
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
xiledinok
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

He probably violated team rules.
Timbear
Snow's Defensive scheme strikes again. Now it'll be 2 more years until players at his position are fully prepared, according to Snow's spoken timeline.
bear2be2
Timbear said:

Snow's Defensive scheme strikes again. Now it'll be 2 more years until players at his position are fully prepared, according to Snow's spoken timeline.
If what is being rumored is true, how would Phil Snow's defensive scheme have anything whatsoever to do with this?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
xiledinok said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

So would not believing in your defensive coordinator qualify as "a violation of team rules"? Just curious.

-- Barack Obama
xiledinok
Timbear said:

Sorry, wrong again.
bear2be2
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

So would not believing in your defensive coordinator qualify as "a violation of team rules"? Just curious.
Good to see the Jump to Conclusions Mat is getting put to good use today.
BUBear24
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

Brian and Grayson already mentioned it was breaking the rules. He was one of the teams top sackers. So pretty sure he probably felt the scheme was just fine for him.
Bear8084
bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

Yup. It's a loss, but realistically not because of who the defensive coordinator is.
BaylorRocks
Bear8084 said:

bear2be2 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

Yup. It's a loss, but realistically not because of who the defensive coordinator is.
bularry
BUBear24 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

xiledinok said:

Brian and Grayson already mentioned it was breaking the rules. He was one of the teams top sackers. So pretty sure he probably felt the scheme was just fine for him.

How bad?
Timbear
Snow subs so much with different, complicated schemes and pre-game pop tests, some players may not want that.
boognish_bear
I don't remember if this has already been shared....but it looks like Hand is going to Temple

BUBear24
Timbear said:

Snow subs so much with different, complicated schemes and pre-game pop tests, some players may not want that.
This has nothing to do with Snow..
Stranger
I heard he has signed with the NY Jets.
I'm a Bearbacker
Willie
This was a 3 strikes and you're out thing. And yes, marijuana is banned by the ncaa.
https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/SSI2018-19_Drug_Policies_Brochure_20180706.PDF
Doesn't matter what state the school is in
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Willie said:

This was a 3 strikes and you're out thing. And yes, marijuana is banned by the ncaa.
https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/SSI2018-19_Drug_Policies_Brochure_20180706.PDF
So you're saying Thompson was kicked off the team/ out of Baylor for using the wacky weed? How is this possible? I thought Thompson was a Rhule recruit?

-- Barack Obama
MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Willie said:

So you're saying Thompson was kicked off the team/ out of Baylor for using the wacky weed? How is this possible? I thought Thompson was a Rhule recruit?
We get it Caber, you don't recognize what discipline looks like after you've given someone a chance.

In your idol's time, he would've had his grades fixed while he raped coeds as a locker room pariah no one would hang out with socially, ala Tevin Elliott.

But of course, your butt hurt agenda can't see the difference between discipline and anarchy.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Willie said:

We get it Caber, you don't recognize what discipline looks like after you've given someone a chance.

In your idol's time, he would've had his grades fixed while he raped coeds as a locker room pariah no one would hang out with socially, ala Tevin Elliott.

But of course, your butt hurt agenda can't see the difference between discipline and anarchy.
Willie insinuated this was his third strike? I really have no idea. No need to flip out or get triggered. I am just simply asking how the discipline is any different from the previous regime if this kid was indeed given a third chance.

-- Barack Obama
boognish_bear
I guess whether or not he goes to another program will be telling
MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Willie said:

Willie insinuated this was his third strike? I really have no idea. No need to flip out or get triggered. I am just simply asking how the discipline is any different from the previous regime if this kid was indeed given a third chance.

There you go playing victim for being a CTE stricken dumbass again.

We know what you are, so please spare the act.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Willie said:

There you go playing victim for being a CTE stricken dumbass again.

We know what you are, so please spare the act.
What the heck are you talking about? I asked a simple question and all you can do is come up with a half-ass insult? I am nobody's "victim." EVER. Care to try again?

-- Barack Obama
Jmhdfw
MilliVanilli said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Willie said:

You are so obsessed with Art Briles!!! This has nothing to do with your obsession and yet again you find a way to bring him into it. OBSESSED with a coach we had 4 years ago!
EasyE
Willie said:

When would the other strikes have taken place? It hasn't been that long since season's end and I don't recall him being suspended while being in school.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
EasyE said:

Willie said:

When would the other strikes have taken place? It hasn't been that long since season's end and I don't recall him being suspended while being in school.
To start the season.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.