Football
Sponsored by

Biggest Upsets of the 2019 Season???

9,666 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Timbear
JBear14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I love how wrong this prediction was.
MrGolfguy
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

The poor crippled deaf dumb and blind little sisters of charity schedule will assure Matt Rhule and Baylor a bowl game this season.
Were you saying similar things in 1980 when Baylor was teeing up West Texas St, Lamar, and San Jose in the non-conf?

Yeah, you weren't. Dumbass.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
MilliVanilli
Where's that cowardly caber dumbass tonight?
MilliVanilli
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

The "moron OP" is back briefly to eat his crow with a little salt and pepper as I said I would. Obviously, I was wrong about the Baylor vs. UTSA game. Baylor and Matt Rhule hammer UTSA. YAY!! Life is good. The poor crippled deaf dumb and blind little sisters of charity schedule will assure Matt Rhule and Baylor a bowl game this season. Thank you Art Briles and Ian McCaw.

40 percent of Matt Rhule's wins have come against Kansas and UTSA. Let that sink in. It is very good to know after reading this board that Baylor is once again God's gift to football. Best of luck to Baylor and the rest of their season. Has been a great ride going way back to 2001, but time to put away childish things. Thank you Jason Stewart, for always being honest, sincere, and straightforward. You always did things right

Best of luck to all of you.

Adios!!

Jim Ward aka RD2

Adorable how a guy who spends Fridays creeping on adolescents he isn't related to at a rural high school and watching FSU almost lose to ULM is trying to act like the fact Baylor is on a four game win streak that includes a bowl win hasn't happened.

I guess we can't always schedule wofford or the ulm a briles now struggles against.

Please **** off once and for all, it'll make this season all the sweeter.
ScottS
Ttt
historian
I don't see how anyone could define Baylor football by what happened in 2017. The first year of any coach is going to be difficult (didn't Nick Saban have some troubles his first year at Bama? Briles certainly did)--especially under the circumstances Matt Rhule faced. I am so happy to see real progress being made across the board: offense (especially OL), defense, special teams, etc.

When my biggest disappointments about the game are that we did not force a turnover, had some stupid penalties (not nearly as many as UTSA), and did not get a shut out (the margin of victory is so great, it doesn't matter) then it's a great day. Yes, we can nitpick about various issues, maybe some more substantial than my list, but it's hard to argue with the result. We didn't just win: we dominated. We did what a championship caliber team should do (look at the results of those teams in the top rankings for comparison). This does not mean that Baylor is a going to win the championship in 2019. I hope so but it's too early to make such a prediction. But we are on the right trajectory. This team improved dramatically since last week, and that game was terrific in so many ways.

Sic 'em Bears!!! Just keep winning!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Ludwig von Missi
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

I will go first. Baylor falls to UTSA on September 7th.

UTSA Head Coach Frank Wilson is fighting for his coaching life. He has beaten Baylor and Matt Rhule at McLane Stadium before. His team will not be awestruck or intimidated. No pressure whatsoever on Baylor or Coach Rhule. The win gives him and his team renewed energy but it will not be enough. UTSA finishes the season at 5-7 and Frank Wilson is fired.

UTSA 35 Baylor 28
The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design. To the naive mind that can conceive of order only as the product of deliberate arrangement, it may seem absurd that in complex conditions order, and adaptation to the unknown, can be achieved more effectively by decentralizing decisions and that a division of authority will actually extend the possibility of overall order.

-F.A. Hayek
BaylorBJM
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

The "moron OP" is back briefly to eat his crow with a little salt and pepper as I said I would. Obviously, I was wrong about the Baylor vs. UTSA game. Baylor and Matt Rhule hammer UTSA. YAY!! Life is good. The poor crippled deaf dumb and blind little sisters of charity schedule will assure Matt Rhule and Baylor a bowl game this season. Thank you Art Briles and Ian McCaw.

40 percent of Matt Rhule's wins have come against Kansas and UTSA. Let that sink in. It is very good to know after reading this board that Baylor is once again God's gift to football. Best of luck to Baylor and the rest of their season. Has been a great ride going way back to 2001, but time to put away childish things. Thank you Jason Stewart, for always being honest, sincere, and straightforward. You always did things right

Adios!!

Jim Ward aka RD2

Lulz.
McCavebear
historian said:

I don't see how anyone could define Baylor football by what happened in 2017. The first year of any coach is going to be difficult (didn't Nick Saban have some troubles his first year at Bama? Briles certainly did)--especially under the circumstances Matt Rhule faced. I am so happy to see real progress being made across the board: offense (especially OL), defense, special teams, etc.

When my biggest disappointments about the game are that we did not force a turnover, had some stupid penalties (not nearly as many as UTSA), and did not get a shut out (the margin of victory is so great, it doesn't matter) then it's a great day. Yes, we can nitpick about various issues, maybe some more substantial than my list, but it's hard to argue with the result. We didn't just win: we dominated. We did what a championship caliber team should do (look at the results of those teams in the top rankings for comparison). This does not mean that Baylor is a going to win the championship in 2019. I hope so but it's too early to make such a prediction. But we are on the right trajectory. This team improved dramatically since last week, and that game was terrific in so many ways.

Sic 'em Bears!!! Just keep winning!
THIS
McCavebear Lives!
Bear8084
applemacg4 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

UTSA Head Coach Frank Wilson is fighting for his coaching life. He has beaten Baylor and Matt Rhule at McLane Stadium before. His team will not be awestruck or intimidated. No pressure whatsoever on Baylor or Coach Rhule. The win gives him and his team renewed energy but it will not be enough. UTSA finishes the season at 5-7 and Frank Wilson is fired.

UTSA 35 Baylor 28

The defense will certainly field a unit capable of holding a Ruhle coached offense to 28 points or less IF the offense can move the chains and score.

Kansas will be putting enough offensive firepower on the field to play Rhuleball.

That Rhule coached offense just put up 63 points on that senior full UTSA defense, without even playing the starters a full game and having Brewer's feet almost catch on fire on a field that was 180 degrees.

Also that KU offense "with enough firepower to play Rhuleball" lost 12-7. At home. To Coastal Carolina.
chukronos
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Adios!!

Jim Ward aka RD2

Can't say I am sorry that you didn't get the outcome you wanted. When you return, in a day or so, I hope you can get on board and enjoy the season.
xiledinok
xiledinok said:

Boise State beats Florida State to open the season while the MT. V stadium collapses like the Aggie bonfire from 20 years ago bruising a few sweat hogs' rear ends.
Look at this prediction.

Baby Briles will be coaching at his 5th coaching stop in 5 years next season. A great coordinator and offense can adjust to help the defense. We all know the great coordinator is not happening. Those pea brains cannot adjust.

It will be bad news come conference for Florida State. The FSU fans are already split. Some want to support Willie while more think he'll get fired.

PervertedLittleTarts
Bear8084 said:

applemacg4 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

UTSA 35 Baylor 28

The defense will certainly field a unit capable of holding a Ruhle coached offense to 28 points or less IF the offense can move the chains and score.

Kansas will be putting enough offensive firepower on the field to play Rhuleball.

That Rhule coached offense just put up 63 points on that senior full UTSA defense, without even playing the starters a full game and having Brewer's feet almost catch on fire on a field that was 180 degrees.

Also that KU offense "with enough firepower to play Rhuleball" lost 12-7. At home. To Coastal Carolina.

It seems you found another idiot in search of a village
MilliVanilli
PervertedLittleTarts said:

Bear8084 said:

applemacg4 said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

UTSA 35 Baylor 28

It seems you found another idiot in search of a village
They all should've moved to Mount Vernon by now.
Ludwig von Missi
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

UTSA 35 Baylor 28
The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design. To the naive mind that can conceive of order only as the product of deliberate arrangement, it may seem absurd that in complex conditions order, and adaptation to the unknown, can be achieved more effectively by decentralizing decisions and that a division of authority will actually extend the possibility of overall order.

-F.A. Hayek
Timbear
Honestly, this is not the year to underestimate Rhule and the Bears.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.