Football
Sponsored by

New Hyatt Hotel/Named Grant Hotel across the river from the new basketball arena

18,735 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by SmasLeeviy
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Thee University said:

This will have a much better chance of success by relocating the electric substation that is colossal eyesore currently occupying the space between Buzzard Billy's and MLK and the I-35 frontage road.

Build the hotel in that space and move the substation to the current proposed hotel site sitting on a toxic waste dump.

Don't tell me it can't be done. Look at the current path of the high tension wires that carry the electricity.
put your money where your mouth is
That's the best you got?
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
LIB,MR BEARS
Thee University said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Thee University said:

This will have a much better chance of success by relocating the electric substation that is colossal eyesore currently occupying the space between Buzzard Billy's and MLK and the I-35 frontage road.

Build the hotel in that space and move the substation to the current proposed hotel site sitting on a toxic waste dump.

Don't tell me it can't be done. Look at the current path of the high tension wires that carry the electricity.
That's the best you got?
Well I don't have the cash so I don't see it as being my place to tell others how to spend there's. So, ya. That's it.

Thee University
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Thee University said:

LIB,MR BEARS said:

Thee University said:

That's the best you got?
Well I don't have the cash so I don't see it as being my place to tell others how to spend there's. So, ya. That's it.

Well, my bulletin board consulting business has 25 to 30 years of offering free, valuable advice to a variety of Baylor, UT, A&M, TT and other Texas ventures. Some have heeded my free advice and some have not. I do not charge for my services and get a great deal of satisfaction helping folks avoid costly mistakes.

My mouth is invaluable yet free. So my mouth is sports bulletin board gold!
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
pwactwac
Yes, I had Prof Dyson as my RE Investment professor. Back in the 80's we had a world class RE faculty of great people. Walstein Smith Jr, LM, and Les Neugebauer actually made things happen in the Texas Real Estate world back in the day. I will admit I am a little removed 30yrs later but if LM is involved I would imagine it will be a top notch...
Bigcat2019
Did this hotel and project just die?
historian
Probably

The recession certainly didn't help
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Bigcat2019
I remember them advertising the heck out of the Grant Hotel at games and then it just went away.
Harrison Bergeron
Probably always intended as vaporware to get the arena done.0
Stefano DiMera
Wasn't this hotel near the current arena because that's originally where the new arena was going?
historian
I don't know if the location of the proposed a grant hotel was ever clear. I thought maybe it was across the river from the Ferrell Center which didn't make a whole lot of sense except that the land was available & near campus.
LIB,MR BEARS
Rename Tam O'Shanter and move on.
BEAR 45
Unless things have changed at LSU, "The Cook" was set up kind of like a modified time share. Alumni were able to own a suite there and use when they wanted , when not used by the ownerof the suite the hotel treated it as any other suite. It was and still is privately owned, even though LSU claims it. It is REALLY nice. Sounds like a model for Baylor. Alumni always knew where they would stay on game day.
cowboycwr
historian said:

Probably

What recession? I thought Biden redefined the term so that we were not in one and msnbc told me that the GOP made up the term inflation just to hurt Biden....
cowboycwr
Stefano DiMera said:

Wasn't this hotel near the current arena because that's originally where the new arena was going?
Yes it was supposed to be across the river from the FC when the new arena was going to go in next to the FC or across the street.
historian
cowboycwr said:

historian said:

Probably

What recession? I thought Biden redefined the term so that we were not in one and msnbc told me that the GOP made up the term inflation just to hurt Biden....

The fascists tried to redefine marriage, male, & female. All lies. Politicians will lie about anything, what's one more? That doesn't mean we have to pay them any attention.
Russell Gym
Mods please move this off the football board to wherever politics are discussed - thanks.
SmasLeeviy
Your idea of relocating it for a better hotel spot is pretty clever. Creative problem-solving at its finest! Sometimes, the best ideas need a little push. It may be worth exploring further, so check out my favorite hotel (https://aguiladeosa.com/). Let's turn eyesores into something awesome!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.