Football
Sponsored by

Desmond Jenkins has died

6,388 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BUMBA1
BUbackerinET
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Played in '05-'09. Also a BU law graduate, and a very good dude. Was an ordained minister, and practicing lawyer, from Trinidad. Small town boy made it big RIP, Desmond.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
He and his brother played at BU and were great guys. Prayers to his family and friends.
S11
Staff
BUbackerinET said:

Played in '05-'09. Also a BU law graduate, and a very good dude. Was an ordained minister, and practicing lawyer, from Trinidad. Small town boy made it big RIP, Desmond.

Oh no! Praying for the family
Redbrickbear
anyone know what happened?

auto accident?
BUbackerinET
Don't know yet - not an accident - will update when I know something. Autopsy ordered.
ImwithBU
Sad to hear, very smart guy. I was at Baylor when his older brother was playing. I think the younger brother may have gone to Baylor as well. All 3 were smart, each graduated Valedictorian. Sad to hear when a young guy is gone (more so for us minorities that are trying to change people prospective of our race).
BUbackerinET
Yes, true - very smart. Toxicology came back, unsurprisingly it was clean. I am suspicious of stroke or aortic dissection. No indication of foul play, and no signs of a struggle-if that had been the case, I feel Dez would have handled that easily
Yogi
https://baylorbears.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1962
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Warhawk405
Any word yet on what happened to him?? Desmond was an incredible person. What a terrible loss
BUbackerinET
Still waiting on autopsy results, but there are some likely causes, cardiac arrest, stroke, aneurysm, aortic dissection. No signs of struggle, or foul play - believe it will be natural causes...he was a truly incredible person
RegentCoverup
Tragedy, dude looked like a Baylor man we could all admire.
BUbackerinET
Services for Desmond:

Celebration of Life
Saturday, August 24th
11:00 am
2611 W Main St
Gun Barrel City, Texas

No new information from medical examiner at this time...
Leonidas
Here is a local article:

https://www.athensreview.com/sports/desmond-jenkins-former-baylor-and-trinidad-star-dies-at-a/article_a1bccc26-c503-11e9-929c-d73d559a153d.html

BUMBA1
I hate this. Truly saddened. Condolences and prayers to family. Terrific individual who loved the Lord and obviously left a positive impact on his community.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.