Story Poster
Photo by © Jerome Miron-USA Today
Baylor Football

Baylor falls to No. 13 in the latest CFP Top 25 rankings

November 12, 2019

In the second release of the 2019 College Football Playoff rankings, the Baylor Bears (9-0) fell a spot and checked in as the No. 13 team in the country. Baylor defeated TCU 29-23 in triple overtime in Fort Worth to remain perfect on the season.

Baylor was ranked No. 12 in the initial rankings released last Tuesday evening. The Bears currently have road wins over No. 22 Oklahoma State and No. 24 Kansas State. 

Currently sitting on top of the Big 12 standing with a perfect 6-0 mark in league play, just ahead of 5-1 Oklahoma, Baylor is ranked No. 10 the Coaches Poll and No. 12 in the Associated Press Poll. 

Matt Rhule’s Bears return to action on Saturday at 6:30 p.m. CT when they welcome to the No. 10-ranked Oklahoma Sooners (8-1) to McLane Stadium. Baylor will host ESPN’s College Gameday for the first time since 2015. 

Discussion from...

Baylor falls to No. 13 in the latest CFP Top 25 rankings

14,096 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by McCavebear
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Disrespected. Bulletin board material .

Beat OU to prove the Committee was wrong.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
1978Bear
I'm not sure I understand how this works. Assuming we beat Oklahoma this week, how far should I expect us to drop in the rankings?
Jacques Strap
1978Bear said:

I'm not sure I understand how this works. Assuming we beat Oklahoma this week, how far should I expect us to drop in the rankings?

It's a "good loss" so we are a top 10 team next week win or lose!
Jokerman
We need to schedule 4-6 South Carolina real quick and lose to them. Should bolster our resume.
BUGWBBear
Oldbear83 said:

We damn well better. Need the offense to compliment our defense though. Hope Rhule is working on that.
Oldbear83
BUGWBBear said:

Oldbear83 said:

We damn well better. Need the offense to compliment our defense though. Hope Rhule is working on that.
I'm very sure that is high on his to-do list
baylorette
Wow. This feels like disrespect. But hey, maybe it will give us the chip on our shoulder that leads us to beat OU and move UP in the rankings! Sic Em Bears!
DanaDane
Just keep winning. No chance of them leaving an undefeated Power 5 champion out of the playoffs.
Baylor3216
Oldbear83 said:

This is like convincing a 4th hand person knows President Trump held arms Obama's wouldn't give Ukraine from Ukraine until he got dirt on Biden when Biden is on video tape outing himself for a real quid pro quo endorsed by Obama to withhold cash until Ukraine fires a lawyer investigating the gravy train firm his son works at so his son can keep cashing checks from a Ukrainian has company based on his vast geological E&P knowledge and experience
Only to have President Trump give Ukraine's the arms Obama refused to give Ukraine fornthe obvious reasons and yet President Trump didn't get anything for giving Ukraine the arms.

Makes total sense.

Just win baby

So much winning
Grizz Air
There are two ppl on the CFP committee with Baylor ties. They know BU plays better with a chip on their shoulder so maybe they are throwing us a bone by underrating us.
2022 Adopt-a-Bear: Mark Milton #3 CB
BUBBFAN
DanaDane said:

Just keep winning. No chance of them leaving an undefeated Power 5 champion out of the playoffs.
Oh yes, there is a chance they leave out an undefeated Big XII champion.
Bearbutts
Baylor3216 said:

Oldbear83 said:

This is like convincing a 4th hand person knows President Trump held arms Obama's wouldn't give Ukraine from Ukraine until he got dirt on Biden when Biden is on video tape outing himself for a real quid pro quo endorsed by Obama to withhold cash until Ukraine fires a lawyer investigating the gravy train firm his son works at so his son can keep cashing checks from a Ukrainian has company based on his vast geological E&P knowledge and experience
Only to have President Trump give Ukraine's the arms Obama refused to give Ukraine fornthe obvious reasons and yet President Trump didn't get anything for giving Ukraine the arms.

Makes total sense.

Just win baby

So much winning
Trumpers tie everything into neo-nazi politics.
Oldbear83
Bearbutts said:

Trumpers tie everything into neo-nazi politics.
Why'd you bring up the Aggies?
KAK
BUBBFAN said:

DanaDane said:

This...I did not listen to the whole program but the talking heads were acting like LSU Alabama and Georgia could all make the playoffs. If BU continues to win out "ugly" there is a good chance they don't include us. If OU wins out they would make it with one loss. If Auburn beats Georgia and then Georgia beats LSU in the title game, what are they going to do? A two loss SEC team and two one loss SEC teams...tOSU, Clemson, then who...

If BU and Minnesota win out, who makes it in? Every year I hope some kind of chaos scenario would happen but by the time the all the games are played the only time there was a real issue was when BU did not get in as Big 12 Champs.

As we all know...just win BU!
Jacques Strap
I don't trust the process. The committee process.
Jorkel
KAK said:

BUBBFAN said:

DanaDane said:

This...I did not listen to the whole program but the talking heads were acting like LSU Alabama and Georgia could all make the playoffs. If BU continues to win out "ugly" there is a good chance they don't include us. If OU wins out they would make it with one loss. If Auburn beats Georgia and then Georgia beats LSU in the title game, what are they going to do? A two loss SEC team and two one loss SEC teams...tOSU, Clemson, then who...

If BU and Minnesota win out, who makes it in? Every year I hope some kind of chaos scenario would happen but by the time the all the games are played the only time there was a real issue was when BU did not get in as Big 12 Champs.

As we all know...just win BU!

Lol to 3 SEC teams getting in with possibly 3 undefeated conference champs. You people are silly and probably think Area 51 is holding 1000 aliens there.
Porteroso
I can understand us not being top 6, but to actually fall as an undefeated? We did not look particularly good winning, but we won.

If I was OU, I'd be really mad, because it seems the committee is setting up our game with OU to not really matter to OU's playoff chances, and snub OU, assuming they win. Either that, or make OU beat us twice to get in.

At this point, we should not be below any 2 loss team. To me, this is a really stupid thing they've done. Maybe we should be 10-11, but just not 13.
BearFan33
Porteroso said:

I can understand us not being top 6, but to actually fall as an undefeated? We did not look particularly good winning, but we won.

If I was OU, I'd be really mad, because it seems the committee is setting up our game with OU to not really matter to OU's playoff chances, and snub OU, assuming they win. Either that, or make OU beat us twice to get in.

At this point, we should not be below any 2 loss team. To me, this is a really stupid thing they've done. Maybe we should be 10-11, but just not 13.
Unfortunately the name/conference bias is shown in these rankings. Really in all fairness we should be ranked above Oklahoma, the 1 loss PAC teams and Georgia (with the terrible loss to SC). If Oklahoma and/or Texas had our exact schedule, scores and record, they would most likely be in the top 4 currently.

Because of this bias BU would almost always have to go undefeated to get to the playoffs. Only UT and OU can typically have one loss and still be in discussion. That is why I was against a conf championship game for the B12, it makes our path a lot harder.
McCavebear
When Baylor beats ou Then we move on up.
McCavebear Lives!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.