Football
Sponsored by

Can Charlie play next level?

3,380 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Jorkel
Waco1947
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does he want to? Tough decision.
EvilTroyAndAbed
No.

He's the classic college QB. No more than that.
BUGWBBear
I doubt he plays past this year. 3 concussions might retire him
SIC EM 94
Yes, he is still developing his overall game. A healthy Charlie Brewer can put up some very impressive stats, if his offensive line can give him some better protection.
SIC EM 94
BUGWBBear said:

I doubt he plays past this year. 3 concussions might retire him

More misinformed hot takes from old "yellow tooth" John...stick to sucking on cigars and blowing on that horn!
If you have to say "does he want to," it's a pretty good indication that it's not happening. Like with Florence.

Zeno will be in the NFL though.
SIC EM 94
365 said:

If you have to say "does he want to," it's a pretty good indication that it's not happening. Like with Florence.

Zeno may very well make it to the NFL eventually, but to say he "will" at this point is absolutely ludicrous!
SIC EM 94 said:

365 said:

Zeno may very well make it to the NFL eventually, but to say he "will" at this point is absolutely ludicrous!
I agree. It is ludicrous to say, but I have a good feeling about it. That arm is an NFL arm. Not to mention his poise. He'll probably be the starting QB next year as a RS freshman, unless Rhule leaves and we have mass defections. I don't see how he sits behind Brewer, especially given the concussion issues.
Mitch Blood Green
No. Ball comes out too slow. Arm not elite.
dave714
Are you kidding.
Grizz Air
I am a huge CB fan. He has a great understanding of the game, good reflexes, good field vision (most of the time), great outside the pocket, nice ability to scramble, extend plays, etc. And most importantly, he has heart and competitiveness. That said, I do not think he has the size or strength to make it at the next level.
Grizz Air
I forgot to mention tough as nails, too.
DanaDane
Good college QB. No arm strength = No chance. If you could play in the NFL strictly based on toughness, he'd be first in line though.
Jorkel
365 said:

SIC EM 94 said:

365 said:

I agree. It is ludicrous to say, but I have a good feeling about it. That arm is an NFL arm. Not to mention his poise. He'll probably be the starting QB next year as a RS freshman, unless Rhule leaves and we have mass defections. I don't see how he sits behind Brewer, especially given the concussion issues.

Not only did Zeno's throwing motion look nice and fluid and the balls jumped out of his hand...he was accurate on the few balls we saw. Now I don't think he would have succeeded anymore than CB this year due to the booty of a line that let anybody through and may have done worse if he lacks the scrambling ability CB has. I don't think we saw many of any designed runs for Zeno. If the OLine were good I think Zeno would/will be a better QB than CB or GB but only time will tell.
Mike E
Absolutely not... he's a good college QB though.
BoonDockSaint
Damn. Zeno makes 2 throws and yall ALREADY have him in the NFL ??

lemme have some of that Kool Aid please
Forest Bueller
tommie said:

No. Ball comes out too slow. Arm not elite.
Excellent college QB.

But, this exactly.
Forest Bueller_bf
DanaDane said:

Good college QB. No arm strength = No chance. If you could play in the NFL strictly based on toughness, he'd be first in line though.
Yep 100% right.
Jorkel
BoonDockSaint said:

I don't know if he will make it to the pros or not but out of the 3 current QBs we have on the team, Zeno probably has the best shot.
hodedofome
BoonDockSaint said:

Well when those 2 throws should have been 2 TD's in the biggest game of the year against a playoff team, it's hard to think of a better start...
PartyBear
If he does retire I wonder if he is interested in going into coaching. I believe Hayden Fry started out like that. Went from being QB to just a free student QB coach after injuries. Things went on from there.
trey3216
365 said:

SIC EM 94 said:

365 said:

No, he will probably not be the starting QB next year. No, Rhule isn't leaving next year.
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
TexasScientist
Rhule isn't leaving next year. The only way Zeno has a shot at starting the beginning of the season next year is if CB can't play in the Sugar Bowl, or comes out of the Sugar Bowl early, and Zeno comes in and does a fantastic job, and has a good spring. Otherwise CB has too much positive experience to replace him. If CB falters early next season, that could change. The real question is will he beat out GB for backup in 2020.
LIB,MR BEARS
CB is tough as nails but is lacking NFL arm strength. Thrilled to call him a Baylor Bear
1975bear
Grizz Air said:

I am a huge CB fan. He has a great understanding of the game, good reflexes, good field vision (most of the time), great outside the pocket, nice ability to scramble, extend plays, etc. And most importantly, he has heart and competitiveness. That said, I do not think he has the size or strength to make it at the next level.
Drew Brees says "hi".
Jorkel
1975bear said:

Grizz Air said:

Drew Brees says "hi".

Drew Brees also has a big time arm. CB does not.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.