Football
Sponsored by

When Rhule takes Snow with him..............

3,812 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by RegentCoverup
BaylorRocks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I can't wait to see the fireworks on this site.

<heading to store for popcorn>

Sic'em
Bleed Green
Most reasonable people realize that is a probability not just a possibility.

This board isn't filled with reasonable people.
BaylorRocks
Baylor's football program will, basically, be starting over again. Like it or not. And some on here want a high school coach (McGuire) to lead that D-I P5 build ? C'mon

Rhoades has already been hunting and hopefully there's someone that can continue the momentum Rhule/Snow left Baylor with ........

Sic'em
Doc Holliday
Snow is amazing. I wish we'd offer him HC and steal him from Rhule.
Porteroso
Snow is going. We will not replace him with anyone as good.

Rhule will bring whoever he wants.

That's ok. Snow is largely responsible for all these wins imo. Defense plays just a tiny bit worse, and we go 9-5, not 11-3.

Snow deserves his shot at coaching in the NFL. Happy for him.
blackie
Hope is we get a good one. I recall many, many here wanted Snow gone (and Rhule as well) after year one. Snow's defense wasn't any good until it was, which probably coincides with players understanding it and able to execute it. That learning curve is going to be painful again.
contrario
It isn't uncommon for a new coach hire to bring his own guys, especially for coordinator positions. There is no guarantee that the next coach would even want Snow as he may want to bring his guy with him. It really isn't an earth-shattering statement to make that Snow may not be here next year.
BUGWBBear
contrario said:

It isn't uncommon for a new coach hire to bring his own guys, especially for coordinator positions. There is no guarantee that the next coach would even want Snow as he may want to bring his guy with him. It really isn't an earth-shattering statement to make that Snow may not be here next year.

I'd say it's given Snow is gone with JoPa Jr. At least he didn't scream Trust The Process...
Oso Pardo
Hopefully we can keep Frank Okam either way. That dude is SHARP coaching the DL.
BUBBFAN
Oso Pardo said:

Hopefully we can keep Frank Okam either way. That dude is SHARP coaching the DL.

For sure.
EvilTroyAndAbed
BUGWBBear said:

contrario said:

I'd say it's given Snow is gone with JoPa Jr. At least he didn't scream Trust The Process...
Dude, you're such a baby.
EvilTroyAndAbed
Doc Holliday said:

Snow is amazing. I wish we'd offer him HC and steal him from Rhule.
Does Snow want to be a head coach?
contrario
BUGWBBear said:

contrario said:

And what if he did say trust the process? The process seemed to work pretty well for the coaches and for the team. Win-win. And now we can hire a coach with building blocks in place only a few years after one of the biggest pr nightmares in NCAA history (regardless of how much and to whom you give the blame to).
historian
Porteroso said:

That's ok. Snow is largely responsible for all these wins imo. Defense plays just a tiny bit worse, and we go 9-5, not 11-3.

If I'm not mistaken, Coach Snow has many years experience in the NFL. Maybe not as DC, but he's been there.

Quote:

Hope is we get a good one. I recall many, many here wanted Snow gone (and Rhule as well) after year one. Snow's defense wasn't any good until it was, which probably coincides with players understanding it and able to execute it. That learning curve is going to be painful again.
They said from the beginning that it would take a couple years for the players to learn & effectively implement the new scheme. It may not be so difficult with the next DC. Depends on how similar the new scheme is to Snow's.
RegentCoverup
historian said:

Porteroso said:

If I'm not mistaken, Coach Snow has many years experience in the NFL. Maybe not as DC, but he's been there.
Don't interrupt, they were on a run.

Mitch Blood Green
I see him as too old for the NFL. Not because of his age but because his experience. I can't see it as fulfilling for him.
BUrbon
If Snow goes I say it's a high probability that an entire new staff comes in here.
RegentCoverup
zunooreo said:

Sic'em
So you're not a Baylor fan.

Got it.
BaylorRocks
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

zunooreo said:

Sic'em
So you're not a Baylor fan.

Got it.
Sure, if that makes you feel better then stick with it. But, actually read a few of my posts and you'll see otherwise.

Sorry,

Sic'em
Branch155
historian said:

Porteroso said:

He coached with the Lions from 2005-2008. Other than that, he's been in college. 64 years old
Porteroso
He hasn't been a DC in the NFL. Just like this is Rhule's shot to be head coach, this is Snow's shot at running the defense. Is that clear enough?
RegentCoverup
Porteroso said:

He hasn't been a DC in the NFL. Just like this is Rhule's shot to be head coach, this is Snow's shot at running the defense. Is that clear enough?
Not sure what you're responding to.

He's a tad old to try his hand again in the NFL. That's really all I'd say.
BellCountyBear
Snow doesn't strike me as the type that would enjoy putting up with the prima donnas of the nfl.
RegentCoverup
BellCountyBear said:

Snow doesn't strike me as the type that would enjoy putting up with the prima donnas of the nfl.
Phil's record in the NFL is pretty bad. He was a success in the college ranks in certain situations.

He's nearing 65, he has grandkids, doesn't have the same motivation or energy and won't be coaching in five years. He's worth a lot to Baylor for say, 24 months. But Rhule hiring him would be interesting, if anything.

There is a lot of data that tracks the high school coaches that jumped to the NFL and college coaches that jumped to the NFL.

In short, it's very risky. You can start to see why....

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.